It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5-21-2011 Rapture... Get the facts strait...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

I didn't mean to insult or anything, but reading through the thread from the beginning the scripture has been reiterated over and over and over. So its just gotten annoying at this point in the thread.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

What is really crazy are these people giving up their jobs and everything they own. I really feel bad for them, but how could they be so stupid to follow this guy. He sure hasn't stopped taking in money. I guess at his age he hasn't got anything to lose. He can live out his last few years off of what he makes on this lie.

These people in the last 1800's went out to this guys farm where Jesus was suppose to pick them up. When he didn't come the first time, the date was changed and they all fell for it again that time. This seems to happen every turn of the Century.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I too feel bad for the people who were tricked by this guy. I'm sure he'll be enjoying a real expensive dinner and drinks on the tab of all the people following him today. It is sad really.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Well let me ask you this. Why do you get to decide they are the extremists and you are not?

That is the problem with religion. It is utterly inconsistent in beliefs yet everyone claims to have varying levels of authority on what god or the Bible "says". Where is your authority for calling them extremists? Aren't you just saying that you know more about the Bible and God's "will" then they? Aren't you saying your the real Christians and they aren't? On just what authority do you get to say that?

And people wonder why we atheists are atheists.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.

A lunatic by the name of Harold Camping did....

So if one person's unverified beliefs, disagree with your own unverified beliefs, then they are a lunatic?

It does not matter which way you look at it, fair tales are fairy tales.

A voice of reason and intellect. We have way too few of those.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Are they criticising "ALL" Christians about their belief in the Rapture ? Maybe you are correct and these people are just plain ignorant and don't understand that there's a vast difference between fundamentalists and regular run of the mill Christians.There's an old saying that comes to my mind, "a little information is worse than none at all" and its relevance seems to stand out all the more since we began using the Internet. We have a sea of information on the web yet we grab the little snippets that serve our agenda, don't bother to research the issue further and run off thinking we know all about the subject.
Sound familiar ?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by denynothing

I didn't mean to insult or anything, but reading through the thread from the beginning the scripture has been reiterated over and over and over. So its just gotten annoying at this point in the thread.

Sorry...I did not read the thread..I guess like many others that was my first instinct to say on this thread.
edit on 21-5-2011 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scytherius
Well let me ask you this. Why do you get to decide they are the extremists and you are not?

That is the problem with religion. It is utterly inconsistent in beliefs yet everyone claims to have varying levels of authority on what god or the Bible "says". Where is your authority for calling them extremists? Aren't you just saying that you know more about the Bible and God's "will" then they? Aren't you saying your the real Christians and they aren't? On just what authority do you get to say that?

And people wonder why we atheists are atheists.

The Bible is the word of God and those that are truly Christians believe God's word not man's. It does not take a scholar to figure out that Harold Camping is teaching something that is completely against scripture....thus by teaching "doctrine" contrary to the clear and self-evident meaning of the scriptures he can not be called a Christian and well deserves the title of extremist.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric

Mark 13:32 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Mathew 24:36 "But the day and hour no one knows.not even the angels in heaven,but my Father only.

What's Father's mobile number? I tried 21-12-2012 but I keep getting the message that this number doesn't exist!! What the....? Duh!

edit on 21-5-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
According to this article,

money.cnn.com...

the end of the world will come in October. The beginning starts with an earthquake on May 21 and then chaos will ensue till the end.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
oh come on! All I see what is happening on the 21st is just some really bad people getting exposed along with others who seek ill-will.

Here is a site of two professors views of the Mayan Calender. And while your at it, be at ease. It's not the end yet.

Just a bunch of fear-spreading.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Ok - 4.8... does that even count these days? earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

your a christian?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by chetinglendalevillage

Wow, well I guess he was right about the earthquake then.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
I've seen too many people on here mock Christians
over this stupid Rapture prophecy BS...

I wanna set some things strait...

Christians are not saying this... extreme fundamentalist lunatic's are...

I'm Christian... my family is Christian... we aren't saying the rapture is coming...

Jesus did not predict Sunday's Rapture...

The Bible is not saying 5-21-2011 is the Rapture

A lunatic by the name of Harold Camping did....

This is what is in the Bible says about the Rapture and the End of Time...

Mark 13:32 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Acts 1:7 He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has put in his own authority.

Mathew 24:36 "But the day and hour no one knows.not even the angels in heaven,but my Father only.

If Harold and his followers actually read the Bible...

They would know they were wrong...

Harold Camping is a false profit...

-End of Line

edit on 5/20/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

As a non religious person......i feel for you, morons like this make the entire religion look bad, the ridiculous math Camping uses for his bible code is assinine

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I have to say that if nothing else, Harold Camping has managed to show that we are living in a world of split beliefs, and it seems to me that more people are not religious than people who are. I find that to be sad and I am not even sure why.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Tell ya what..If Nato and U.S.forces attack Syria it is gonna turn very very badly and possibly into WW3.This scenario is possible do to the attacks on Gadhafi and the raid on Osama Bin Laden may pressure the world to act on Assad in Syria.They may demand action against Syria next.We also took down Saddam Hussein and Hosni Mubarak was pressured to step down..This could happen.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I cannot wait for sunday. Although I want to enjoy my weekend I want to have these fools proven to be wrong as quick as possible. At least the 2012 prophecy had a few years before it was to be proven to be bull#. These fools will look like jackasses tomorrow and I love it. I am going to kick back and enjoy the 80 degree weather with a few beers and a barbecue and then have fun ridiculing the morons who predicted the apocalypse. When will people realize that things just happen by coincidence and that NOTHING can be predicted accurately. We can take a guess at tomorrows weather but even that isn't 100%. I love to believe in weird and unearthly things as much as the next guy but this bull# predicting the end crap sucks. It's always based on loosely strung together theories that don't hold any water are getting #ing old.

link   
The End of the World tomorrow is not happening that I'm almost sure of lol.

link   

No no I understand. Have a nice night

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join