It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5-21-2011 Rapture... Get the facts strait...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by xFiDgetx
I understand what you're saying and there have been many atrocities done in the name of religion. But there are atrocities preformed every day in the name of many things and the blame for them should be laid at the feet of the offenders. The books mentioned in your post in no way endorse or promote those acts nor do the large majority of the people that follow those books.
No matter what philosophy or doctrine you try to encourage there will always be some *WHAT*head trying to muck it all up. We should blame those people that preform horrendous acts and stop trying to apply it to the books that preach the exact opposite.

I'm not sure how much of any of these books you have read personally but they both teach violent actions. God killed many in the bible, god also sacrificed many in the bible, just to test their beliefs.

They promote violence, it's just most people have enough common sense not to go through with it. It says in the bible that if you child acts up take them outside and stone them, actually that is in the same paragraph that says homosexuality is wrong.

Now there's one, talk to the gays, they will tell you how violent and horrible religion is.

Pred...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
The devil, you know that bad guy, is the one who told Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge

Pred...

Nope, no "tree of knowledge". Do not read corrupted books.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
There are more types of Christians out there now that there are stars in the sky...one hates this group, the other hates this group..and they are suppose to be Christian ???? Seems I don't remember Jesus talking about this group of Christians over here and that group over there...and how this group is stupid and this group is ignorant and that group over by the well are talking about the group over at the tents, etc......

Oh really?

Let's see what Jesus said about the religious leaders of his day:

Book of Matthew
23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
23:16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!
23:17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?
23:18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.
23:19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?

Jesus didn't stutter. We should not either. When a "Christian leader" speaks falsely, we are obligated to point it out.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi

The devil, you know that bad guy, is the one who told Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge

Pred...

In each of the stories, the trouble begins with human sin. Adam and Eve eat of the fruit of the forbidden tree (2:16-17; 3:1-7). (What kind of fruit is not mentioned and it is immaterial. The idea that it was an apple seems to come from a Latin pun: the same word, malum, means both “evil” and “apple.”)

The "forbidden tree" that will provide visions of god.

Sorry didn't know I would be playing a semantics game...

Pred...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

So the Bible is literal now?
Just curious.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi

Pred...

In each of the stories, the trouble begins with human sin. Adam and Eve eat of the fruit of the forbidden tree (2:16-17; 3:1-7). (What kind of fruit is not mentioned and it is immaterial. The idea that it was an apple seems to come from a Latin pun: the same word, malum, means both “evil” and “apple.”)

The "forbidden tree" that will provide visions of god.

Sorry didn't know I would be playing a semantics game...

Pred...

No no no, that is not my point. This is my point: God did not forbid them to eat of the tree of KNOWLEDGE - since you said God is against humans having knowledge. God only forbade them to APPROACH a tree. No mention of the "tree of knowledge".
Then Satan came to them, because he had sworn he will make them all fall, and told them this:

"Your Lord did not forbid you this tree except that you become angels or become of the immortal."
And he swore [by Allah ] to them, "Indeed, I am to you from among the sincere advisors."

So he made them fall, through deception. And when they tasted of the tree, their private parts became apparent to them, and they began to fasten together over themselves from the leaves of Paradise. And their Lord called to them, "Did I not forbid you from that tree and tell you that Satan is to you a clear enemy?"

(Qur'an, 7:20-22)

It is indeed VERY IMPORTANT choosing every word when quoting this. Because, if you base on the account in the Bible, then it sure seems God is an evil person who does not want humans to get knowledge - but if you base on Qur'an - then you see that God WARNED them that Satan is an open ENEMY to them, and he will try to deceive them. Which he did.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo

So the Bible is literal now?
Just curious.

These are the words of Jesus.
This is what He said about the religious leaders of the day.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

I am sure that on Sunday, Harold will still be here and will be rolling in the cash that he has somehow collected through this event that he devised.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Originally posted by NorthStargal52
I never payed attention to this anyhoo .. it' sounded too much like a fake fad .. why people keep on with this stuff I have no Idea???

Especially something of that magnitude and to drag the Myan Culture in it too??? dont make alot of sense!!!

Unless you know a elder from a tribe who has actually told anyone of his personal visions I would still say that I highly doubt whether it would be spread like this was ..

Our visions an prophecys are private .. they wernt meant for the world to know .. but there are some that have been out on youtube ....and those that have no one seems to care anyways ..

I find it rather amusing that you can put down others prohecies,but yet you stand behind an elder from a tribe ,who has personal visions?

Seems a little hypocritical to me.

What I'm saying is claiming a rapture and then claiming that it was begot from the Myan culture is double toungues .. if you want to belive in BS go right ahead .. just because someone said on Dec 21 before the rapture comes you have to quik hide all your money would you do it?? you obviously dont understand what I meant and its way above yer head .. never mind "oh no a zombie attack"
They are warning people of this ... it's been on the news!!!
edit on 20-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: rapture ad zombie attack added it was on the news

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I totaly understand where your comming from .. I have christian friends that are level headed and arnt into every doomday warning or dogma that comes out .. unfortunatly there is nothing one can do .. it has happened to my traditonal members also its just BS ... I cant believe it got this far .. so I cant say I havnt had a little fun with it myself .. but yeah folks I dont believe we will be seeing a rapture .. any time soon ..IMO nsg52

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Hi, thanks for setting the record straight with this guy. I was raised Catholic with a lot of church and stuff growing up but for the life of me don't ever remember being taught anything about a "rapture". Where is it mentioned in the bible and what does it entail exactly? Thanks.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sostoned
Where is it mentioned in the bible and what does it entail exactly? Thanks.

It is nowhere mentioned. They devised that theory in the 1800s for the first time, based on a letter paul wrote to some dudes. and he invented the whole thing of course, because he wanted to DIVIDE the believers.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It's at times like this I wish we had a christian government, 10% tithe or as many taxes as you can get away with, I know which I would choose

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I read in one of these many Camping/May 21 posts people wondering aloud how much money he has brought in with all of these prophetic predictions he has about tomorrow...

CNN looks into his IRS financials...

money.cnn.com...

If anyone else has posted this link, I apologize... there's just too many posts to go digging through in all of these thread to look for one.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

He has! He uses man to do this just as Jesus said when He was scolding the teachers of religious laws in the first 4 books of the New Testament... The anti-christ will be a church appearing to be holy but will really be a wolf in sheeps clothing... He uses man to twist God's words and most blindly follow mans interpretations of God's word rather then reading it for themselves and asking God to grant them the wisdom needed to understand it. The blind leading the blind will both fall in the ditch! Jesus said that about the teachers of religious laws.. Soon the whole world will see just how sly Satan is at deceiving when they find they were deceived and fooled by him... Rapture is not even in the Bible... God never raptured anyone of the prophets including Jesus so He isn't going to rapture anyone else either. I feel sorry for those who believe what they are taught by man instead of learning from the Father and His word.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Amen! I totally agree with this statement! Have to watch out for organized religions.. They are in it for the money it brings them.. They tell you all feel good stuff so you will continue to come and fill up their offering plates.. Jesus never passed an offering plate to those He preached to.. Jesus didn't preach from a large church... In fact the priests were the ones who demanded Jesus be crucified because He spoke against them and their teachings.. Look back in History,,, Search and see WHO changed God's Saturday Sabbath to Sunday.. See who invented Christmas and Easter to take the place of God's set appointed festivals? It was man who did this.. God never changed His times and laws in the Bible.. All it takes is a little research and alot of reading... Christmas, Easter, not in the Bible.. Pagan holidays! Search it for yourself Google the origins of those holidays and see if they aren't sun god holidays celebrated by the pagans... Find out why they were labeled Christian... Has nothing to do with the Bible or God's will... All has to do with POWER! They changed all these things to attract the pagans to Christianity to gain more power in numbers and to accept the changes is accepting the MARK of the Beast.. Accepting mans authority to change what God said is law ( 4th commandment ) and what God said to celebrate forever generation to generation ( Passover, Festival of Unleavened Bread, Festival of Harvest and Festival of Final Harvest ) Read Exodus 23... Funny how Exodus 13 states the celebration Passover and uses the words...verse 9... This annual festival will be a visible reminder to you, like a mark branded on your hands or your forehead.Let it remind you always to keep the Lord's instructions in your minds and on your lips.Repeated once again in verse 16 of that chapter.. Must be important... Those who are sealed by God follow His laws and ways and those who follow man made traditions have accepted the mark of the beast.. The mark isn't coming...it has been here for some time now... Yet folks are still waiting on it to come.. Marking of hands and/or forehead means doing the works of mans traditions like following their traditions or thinking it is Ok that man changed what God set as laws or commands. Simple as that!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

You are very correct, I grew up in a very religious household and was always upset when people generalized without looking further into it.

I don't know why anyone would listen to this Camping quack.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Several of my friends have been driving me absolutely crazy with this whole thing.

I'm an Atheist, and several of them consider themselves to be pretty religious. However, what really annoys me the most is that I'm having to quote their own bible to them to try and convince them that this guy is a complete lunatic. Let's not forget the fact he has been wrong before.

So in summary, much respect to the Christian's out there who do read their bibles and aren't buying into any of this insanity.

Have a great day and a pleasant tomorrow!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Only a couple more hours...I guess we will all find out soon enough

I think it's bull but doomsday talk always gets too me no matter how silly.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Se7enex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I am actually more concerned about the planetary alignment happening tomorrow because we might get a mega earthquake. I am not sure what planets are lining up but it might get pretty nasty somewhere on Saturday. If the rapture happens then I go to heaven holding a Heineken (I'm a vegetarian)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join