It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5-21-2011 Rapture... Get the facts strait...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I as a christian completely agree with you. We will not know the day nor the hour. Just keep praying and do your best to obey Christ's teachings.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
"Predictions" or "prophecies" based on a corrupt Book (Bible) are bound to FAIL.
They will ALWAYS fail.

You can keep going on and posting predictions here every day - they will all FAIL because their base is corrupt.

You cannot try and predict something when you are not sure which parts of the book are from God and which aren't.
It is enough that ONE number somewhere is wrong and your whole calculation crumbles ... and there are MANY wrong numbers in the bible where they contradict each other every three pages.

Hogwash.
edit on 20/5/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by xFiDgetx

Originally posted by jaxnmarko
reply to post by jaxnmarko

Hmmm let me clarify. Is the teaching that Jesus is One with God only in Catholicism? As opposed to a true Son that is separate from God and thus less knowledgeable and powerful?

No, the teaching that Jesus is God is a Christian tenant and not solely Catholic. The idea, I believe is that Jesus is the right hand of the father. Aside from being a quote from the bible it is an example of how it should be viewed: The Father has always been, as have his hands; both left and right. At a particular time he sent his right hand down in the form of an earthly man. The man Jesus would then be no less God but not the entirety of God... sorta dealy-thing...

I'm sure that can be clarified, I just don't think I'm good enough to do it.

I'm an athiest .. but I still must confess that's one of the soundest descriptions I've heard to explain the difference between Jesus and God

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This Rapture prophacy is as much a joke as Religion itself, its all a load of crap, best off without it in my oppinion

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It's odd, to me, to think of God and/or Christ as some entity "out there" somewhere in Heaven or the clouds or what have you. It is said in Genesis that God has created us in His image. Therefore, we, within ourselves have all the possibilities of God, of course only on a personal/internal level.

The return or resurrection of Christ is a sort of personal awakening to our spiritual lives. And the path to this awakening requires many tribulations.

As far as the great earthquakes and such happening tomorrow as predicted by Camping...that's about as believable as Coombes' illuminati card/HAARP predictions.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
FACT: it is 12:53 here in Asia. No rapture.

The original poster and REAL Christians are vindicated!

For those who like numbers...Instead of 5/21/11, try 1 Thes. 5

But you are cherry picking. 1 Thessalonians 5:4 specifically says those who are in the light will *not* be surprised like all those who are asleep. How do you know that those people who believe it will happen aren't in the light? And I mean *know*. From the looks of it to me, they have a certain kind of "perfect faith", especially the ones getting rid of everything. The very scripture you are quoting seems to indicate to me that you *would* be surprised if it happened this weekend, and thus it would have been like a thief in the night... happening while you were asleep and not in the light.

As I mentioned in the thread you made about this, I am very much looking forward to starting my new gig on Monday... but I'm also not going to be so arrogant as to say I know for sure what is or isn't going to happen. I may be confident, but not certain.

I am confident that my house won't be broken into this weekend by a thief in the night... but not *certain*... and I certainly wouldn't be that surprised. Only those who are certain something won't happen can be surprised if it does happen.

As for being a real Christian... I don't personally feel a sense of vindication generally falls into the goals Jesus had in his teachings about forgiveness and love.

Namaste.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Mathematically speaking, I think God is not 1+1+1=3, but 1x1x1=1.

I am glad this post exists. Christianity has a ridiculously hard time by many being taken seriously, because many of it's representatives are outright hypocrites..be it their lifestyles, false doctrine, or spoken words. Granted none are perfect, but it is expected that Christians read the Bible, apply it to their lives, and have a repentant and forgiving heart.

Regarding end of times, the Bible gives us a pretty good idea of the state of the world before the Day of Judgement. Jesus will come like a thief in the night only to those who are unaware of the signs or to those who are least expecting it.

Harold Camping ought not be so stubborn; even he is but a lowly man capable of error. The man is old and rigid in his ways, and even he needs prayer and forgiveness in the event he is proven wrong.
edit on 20-5-2011 by oceanbreeze21 because: spelling error

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

With all due respect, my Bible (Genesis 1:26) says, "And God said, Let us make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Emphasis is placed on "our" of course.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
I've seen too many people on here mock Christians
over this stupid Rapture prophecy BS...

I wanna set some things strait...

Christians are not saying this... extreme fundamentalist lunatic's are...

I'm Christian... my family is Christian... we aren't saying the rapture is coming...

Jesus did not predict Sunday's Rapture...

The Bible is not saying 5-21-2011 is the Rapture

A lunatic by the name of Harold Camping did....

This is what is in the Bible says about the Rapture and the End of Time...

Mark 13:32 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Acts 1:7 He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has put in his own authority.

Mathew 24:36 "But the day and hour no one knows.not even the angels in heaven,but my Father only.

If Harold and his followers actually read the Bible...

They would know they were wrong...

Harold Camping is a false profit...

-End of Line

edit on 5/20/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

You're absolutely right but you're speaking to a crowd that can't even separate true Muslims from psycho terrorists that twist the words of the Koran to fit their goals. Its like saying everyone in America must be gay since San Francisco has a large gay population.

True Christianity has no denomination and knows that what matters is the teachings of Jesus, nothing more, nothing less. All of the extras are man-made.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by oceanbreeze21

Emphasis on OUR, yes, as God is here being referred back to as US, in the plural. Whether you refer to God as a plurality or a singularity, we are still created in His image.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Well, let's hope that this group does not meet up at some compound, "off" themselves, and call that the "rapture".

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Your a sad person

I'm sorry you feel so pressed to make such an effort to dispel Christianity.

I really am...

Who ever wrong you...

Whatever they did... it wasnt right...

I am sorry, I truly am

but you can't condemn an entire religion based on one person... or small group of people...

Now I know this wasn't written to me but it deserves a response.

I know plenty of Christian and Catholics as I used to be one and I am also Italian, I know a couple things about the religion, having read the bible, Koran and bahavad-Gita.

I also know a fair majority of Christians have never read the bible and never will even after you mock them. Now why wouldn't they? This is what they supposedly believe and what they believe to be in control of their lives, and I am not talking about reading parts, reading the whole thing. They will not because they are lazy and ignorant, that's why they go to religion, it's an easy way out of learning just to say "god did it". And any collection of lazy and ignorant people must be feared.

Religion has hurt many, many people. Ask those poor kids who were molested, or the nuns who were raped by men of the "father". That does not include the many, many wars religion has caused and is the reason why we "hate" the middle east so much.

There was a time when religion reigned supreme and it was called the dark ages for a reason. All free thinking people were punished with death and many scientists had to hold back their advancement because religious people would get upset if anything deterred away from their "god made it" mentality.

Religion should be hated, if your not against religion you have not learned anything. They teach lies, they hurt people and they want your money. If it was anyone else you would tell them where to go and how to get there, but since they protect your precious god they get put on a pedestal.

Religious people are ignorant, they refuse to learn and attribute the beauty of the world to an invisible man that lives in the sky, who is very similar to Santa Claus, only he gives you one big present, and it's when you die.

Gods are fragile things, they can be killed with a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Pred...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Jesus was probably an extraterrestrial alien. I reckon the rapture just means them aliens will come back to earth either to conquer us, or make peace. Although I reckon conquering us makes more sense...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

Your a sad person

I'm sorry you feel so pressed to make such an effort to dispel Christianity.

I really am...

Who ever wrong you...

Whatever they did... it wasnt right...

I am sorry, I truly am

but you can't condemn an entire religion based on one person... or small group of people...

Now I know this wasn't written to me but it deserves a response.

I know plenty of Christian and Catholics as I used to be one and I am also Italian, I know a couple things about the religion, having read the bible, Koran and bahavad-Gita.

I also know a fair majority of Christians have never read the bible and never will even after you mock them. Now why wouldn't they? This is what they supposedly believe and what they believe to be in control of their lives, and I am not talking about reading parts, reading the whole thing. They will not because they are lazy and ignorant, that's why they go to religion, it's an easy way out of learning just to say "god did it". And any collection of lazy and ignorant people must be feared.

Religion has hurt many, many people. Ask those poor kids who were molested, or the nuns who were raped by men of the "father". That does not include the many, many wars religion has caused and is the reason why we "hate" the middle east so much.

There was a time when religion reigned supreme and it was called the dark ages for a reason. All free thinking people were punished with death and many scientists had to hold back their advancement because religious people would get upset if anything deterred away from their "god made it" mentality.

Religion should be hated, if your not against religion you have not learned anything. They teach lies, they hurt people and they want your money. If it was anyone else you would tell them where to go and how to get there, but since they protect your precious god they get put on a pedestal.

Religious people are ignorant, they refuse to learn and attribute the beauty of the world to an invisible man that lives in the sky, who is very similar to Santa Claus, only he gives you one big present, and it's when you die.

Gods are fragile things, they can be killed with a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Pred...

I understand what you're saying and there have been many atrocities done in the name of religion. But there are atrocities preformed every day in the name of many things and the blame for them should be laid at the feet of the offenders. The books mentioned in your post in no way endorse or promote those acts nor do the large majority of the people that follow those books.
No matter what philosophy or doctrine you try to encourage there will always be some *WHAT*head trying to muck it all up. We should blame those people that preform horrendous acts and stop trying to apply it to the books that preach the exact opposite.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I've seen too many people on here mock Christians
over this stupid Rapture prophecy BS...

I wanna set some things strait...

Christians are not saying this... extreme fundamentalist lunatic's are...

edit on 5/20/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

I think most "normal" people already know this, but if you felt compelled to get the story straight then all the power to you.

Anyone who blames all (or any) Christians for this should get their head checked.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Why thank you.

After posting it I wasn't sure it was clear at all.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
DIRECTLY from the Bible...

"But of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only"

So anyone who says they know the day is a flat out liar. That dude is selling books. Period.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I haven't met one person who takes this serious.

The facts are: Nobody knows the date in which the world will succumb to Rapture, let alone a football score.

It's all horse crap.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

The rapture could well be an elaborate ploy for project Blue Beam to take effect. If something does happen on the 21st of may, then remember it is not Gods wrath...www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

I totally agree he is wrong in predicting the end of the world.. I am a Christian and have read God's letter ( The Bible ) and also do not believe in any rapture.. God never worked that way with ANY ONE if you read His word.. He never raptured Moses and the slaves out of Egypt...Jonah from the whale... The 3 men from the furnace or Noah from the flood among countless other stories in there.. They all went through the ordeal but came out on the other side unharmed.. So shall it be in the last days.. The caught up in the clouds happens when Jesus returns AFTER the tribulation time is over. If all Christians were going to be raptured and spared the tribulation then Jesus would have no reason to warn His followers of what is to come and say WHEN YOU SEE THESE THINGS START TO HAPPEN MY RETURN IS CLOSE... if they were all taken away before all that happens.. The rapture is a lie dreamed up by Satan to turn believers against God... He is a tricky little Devil and has fooled many with this lie. He is figuring when the people are left behind they will turn on God and if you think about it he is probably right that the faith of many will be lost. The end time will be like in the time of Noah the scriptures say.. Nothing is new under the sun..All that is going to happen has happened before are all clues given to man that if they read what has happened in the past you can have a clue about what is to come..My personal belief in the May 21, 2011 date is that if you go back to Noah's time and read what happened there you can figure out that God gave Noah 7 days warning of the flood to prepare for it,, God in turn has given the end time generations 7000 years from the destruction of the world in Noahs day to turn to Him as 1 day = 1000 years in God's time.. On the 7th day the rain started and the Ark was sealed thus this is the sealing of the time salvation is accepted till after the tribulation.. That's the way I understand it. This is the cut off time spoken of in the Bible where God will no longer deal with man or hear their cries. And things will happen from tomorrow till the end as it took 40 days and 40 nights of rain to flood the earth..It doesn't happen instantaniously.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join