It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5-21-2011 Rapture... Get the facts strait...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Originally posted by Caji316
There are more types of Christians out there now that there are stars in the sky...one hates this group, the other hates this group..and they are suppose to be Christian ???? Seems I don't remember Jesus talking about this group of Christians over here and that group over there...and how this group is stupid and this group is ignorant and that group over by the well are talking about the group over at the tents, etc......

IMO that's the problem with Protestantism... everyone can make her own interpretation, and there's nobody to check it and see!
Vicky

Protestantism isn't exactly religious anarchy. People should think for themselves, they should have their own interpretations. They should be able to discuss them and should not fear being wrong, or other people being right as the case may be. What we should not have, in my opinion, is a caste of people who are held to a level of infallibility.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

Give em time...
someone... somewhere will figure out how to hide behind a Buddhist banner and get rich by saying

"Buddha is coming back next week... now give me 10,000,000 million dollars so we can raise awareness!"

Con artist lurk everywhere...
its a damn shame too...

cos they mess up everything they touch

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Dear EvolEric,

Originally posted by EvolEric
I've seen too many people on here mock Christians
over this stupid Rapture prophecy BS...

I wanna set some things strait...

Christians are not saying this... extreme fundamentalist lunatic's are...

I'm Christian... my family is Christian... we aren't saying the rapture is coming...

Jesus did not predict Sunday's Rapture...

The Bible is not saying 5-21-2011 is the Rapture

A lunatic by the name of Harold Camping did....

This is what is in the Bible says about the Rapture and the End of Time...

If Harold and his followers actually read the Bible...

They would know they were wrong...

Harold Camping is a false profit...

-End of Line

edit on 5/20/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

Christians are mocked because they believe a book which has zero historical proof that it's contents are "real" or historically correct. They are also mocked because they refuse to do even one minutes worth of research to question their blind faith. Point 1.

It is Prophet.. not profit. One is a spiritual person, the other is related to money. Point 2.

Regards,
T
edit on 20-5-2011 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Jesus is not the Almighty God. When he was here on earth, he prayed to the Almighty God who was in heaven. How could he be the son and the father at the same time.

There are also scriptures that says that no human could ever see the Almighty God and live. People did see Jesus
and lived.

The holy ghost that the Catholics speak about is not a third person\god\being. It is Almighty Gods active force, or in other words his power

There are many Christians who do not believe in the Trinity (Jesus, God, Holy Spirit as one being)

Its all written in the bible, Ill post the scriptures later as I dont have the time to do it now.

Yes there are many religions that profess to be Christian. Not all can be true Christians that Jesus and the Almighty God would approve of though. That us because they all teach a different thing. Eg Catholics are not predicting Rapture on 21st. Harold Camping is.

Jesus even prophesied this:

Matthew 7:22

Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'

Then Jesus went on to say:

Matthew 7:23

Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Interesting times that we live in people. Don't be deceived by people doing powerful works and miracles because as you can see from above, Jesus did warn us.

Further, if a person seems to have superhuman powers to perform miracles and the power\strength does not originate from the Almighty God then from where does it come from? The devil and his demons.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc
They are also mocked because they refuse to do even one minutes worth of research to question their blind faith. Point 1.

It is Prophet.. not profit. One is a spiritual person, the other is related to money. Point 2.

Regards,
T

Research and questioning is EXACTLY what brought me to faith in God. Once examined, I discovered that there is far too much imperical evidence of the existence a Supreme Being to ignore. Only the willfully blind refuse to accept it. Point 1.

You are correct with the spelling, but the meaning isn't lost. Camping's profit from this is far from false. Point 2.

Instead of chasing trivial typos to support an agenda, I think we can all agree that Camping is a money-whore and is the polar opposite of any real Christian ideology. S&F for you, Eric!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Is there anybody here that actually believes Camping is right?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Toldyouso

I certainly hope not! Not on ATS, anyway. Besides, I have too many Bucket List items left!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jebediah

Dear Jebediah,

I was not chasing typos, had I been I think I would have ripped his post apart due to the extremely poor use of English grammar. It is however quite important for someone of religious belief to discern between a "false Prophet" and a "false profit". In the context which it was written I am pretty sure the OP meant Prophet although, as you point out, ironically it would seem both work here =) Point 1.

I am very happy for you that your research led you to find belief in a supreme being, or God. If that led you to being a Christian, you sadly didn't do quite enough research. I am not sure which religion you settled on, sadly pretty much all of them are contrived. Point 2.

Regards,
T

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Chuck Missler is on Coast to Coast talking about this same thing right now. He can straighten people about this topic.

Toldyouso

Is there anybody here that actually believes Camping is right?

I believe there is a large potential for this ending very wrong. Heavens Gate ? Sets people up for a big downer.
edit on 20-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

Point one... received. I agree.
Point two... I am a Christian, however do not agree with the dogma associated with organized religion. Unfortunately, you are correct when you speak of what religion has become. I prefer to not to base my beliefs on what someone else dictates.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Jebediah

Dear Jebediah,

Thank you for the response =)

Then it would seem we are in complete understanding.

I wish you well.

Regards,
T

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

Cute....

I've done more research than you could possibly imagine...

I sought other religions...

I quite enjoyed the darker arts...

Thus the name Evol Eric (its also a play on words... mocking the word "Love")

I still like the darker side of things...

That's why I have the devil and bunch of skulls tattooed on my arms...

That's why to this day I enjoy Black Metal-Death Metal and Metal in General...

But my trip through darkness was not without a light...

events transpired that opened my eyes...

If you only knew...

But my relationship with God is not Blind...
And I do worship him...

and it is not because of some book...

I know God exists...

That book didnt tell me...

Don't call me blind

Your post in this thread was off key...

I referred to the mockings that have been brought on by the current rapture BS

And it has spurred a LOT

I didn't ask your opinion on the subject of

"Why do you think people mock Christians"

sorry I didnt ask that...nope nada, negative, negatory

You fail.

by the way havent you ever heard of a play on words?
Prophet-Profit...

guess not...

Cos old Harold is making a mighty fine Profit off of being a Prophet...

Godbless you torqpoc

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Your opening statement is: "I've seen too many people on here mock Christians over this stupid Rapture prophecy BS". To which my response of why Christians are mocked was quite valid, it is an opinion which contextually falls very much in line with your OP. Christians are mocked for numerous reasons, least of which are prophecies =)

Edit - I forgot to add Eric, Godbless you also =)

Regards,
T

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Check out this post by weedwhacker from another thread...

According to that...

I'm in the wrong business...

no wait... I wanna keep my soul...
they are too hard to get back once you sell them...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

To which my response of why Christians are mocked was quite valid

Your a sad person

I'm sorry you feel so pressed to make such an effort to dispel Christianity.

I really am...

Who ever wrong you...

Whatever they did... it wasnt right...

I am sorry, I truly am

but you can't condemn an entire religion based on one person... or small group of people...

There isnt a religion on this planet that can 100% be "proven"
You can pick apart any religious doctrine or decree...

that's why you gotta go on a little faith...

Once you do... thats when the "good stuff" appears...

Godbless you

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Okie dokie... you wish to continue, let's continue. Christianity is a prefabricated load of bull, with no historical basis whatsoever. So essentially you're following a religion created to further a political and social agenda not one based on spiritual enlightenment at all. Christianity is all about subjugation, terror, murder, money and power.

Who wronged me? Noone. Do I feel it necessary to have my life be all about bashing Christianity, not at all, I simply responded to your post politely and that is as far as it goes. You now take it one step further to personally pitying me and taking it to a personal level? =)

Good Lord, get a grip please! I don't need or want your pity.

And in closing, for the record, it is "you're a sad person" dictionary.reference.com...

I pity your use of English grammar =)

Anything else you'd care to add Eric?

T

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I'm a Christian as well and I know Camping is wrong. He's gonna get OWNED on Sunday when he followers beg for their $$$ back.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

Christianity is all about subjugation, terror, murder, money and power.

No that would be con artists and ass hole's

I'm neither... I'm a Christian

You brought it to a personal level,
when you felt necessary to mock my religion and call me blind...

But...
Thanks for correcting my grammar...

YOUR! so awesome for doing so...

The English language sucks anyways

I much rather speak Swedish...

Gäspning!!!! Du är som en post.
Du håller att gå runt och runt upprepa samma gamla samma gamla.
Svag människa.... svag svag människa!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by weareclouds

If they can find him! He'll probably resurface sometime in the not too distant future, when the cash has run out!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Dear Eric,

Thank you! The little Swedish segment was so well put, and since I understand Swedish all I can say is history speaks for itself.

That rhetoric I keep repeating, as you so aptly put, isn't mine. People have been saying the same thing for centuries.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

T

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join