Originally posted by soaringhawk
you refer to so called Biblical scholars but offer nothing in defence of Islam. Nothing to defend what you hold onto it. And that's what matters.
Unlike you, and the likes of you, full of EMPTY TALK about the "Holy Spirit" that has ENTERED YOU, and moot points like that, I, in fact offer proof
for my claims:
Show me a single book, other than Qur'an, that:
- doesn't fall into any literary criteria
- has it's opening statement (Bismillah) made of 19 characters
- where the number 19 appears as a word once in that 6000+ verses book
- and it just so happens that the first words of that book to ever be revealed to the man are made of 19 words
- and although the chapter containing these words is the first revealed chapter, in the book itself it is chapter no. 96 - the 19th ch. from the
- what's more weird, this ch. (96) has, guess what, 19 verses
- furthermore, this book has the word for "day" scattered throughout it exactly 365 times
- the word for month exactly 12 times
- the word for sea exactly 32 times (71.11111% out of 45 - amount of water on earth)
- and the word for land 13 times (28.88889% out of 45 - amount of land on earth)
- has "angel" mentioned 88 times, just as "devil" (88 times)
- has a chapter called "sun" each verse of which ends with the letter H(e) (Hydrogen/Helium - accidentally the main elements of the sun)
- has a chapter called "iron", which, is chapter no. 57 - the middle of the book sort to say - just like the middle of the iron isotopes (57)
- and the word "The iron" - "El hadid" has, by "pure chance" the numerical value of 57, whereas "iron" (Hadid) has a numerical value of 26 -
absolutely coincidentally the atomic number of iron
- still more, it mentions "tree" 26 times, just as the word "plant"
- it also has "seven heavens" repeated 7 times. And even "The creation of the heavens" also 7 times.
- further, this book has the word "paradise" repeated 77 times - like the word "hell"
- it also has the word "man" repeated 23 times, just like "woman" and, this, just for the "fun", is also:
- the number of the human chromosomes (46) from the egg and sperm in the formation of the human embryo; 23 each from mother and father.
- this utterly "unspectacular" book, being more than 1400 years old, has in it, the descriptions of:
-- the Big Bang -- the Expansion of the Universe -- the Big Crunch -- the Dark Matter -- the Black Holes -- the relativity of time -- the origin of
iron from outer space -- the significance of fingertips -- the pain receptors in the skin, etc...
- further, in this "any book with good amount of pages", we find that it has:
-- 114 chapters, and the sum of the chapter numbers (1+2+...+114) is: 6555
-- the sum of the verses (7+286+...) is 6236
-- out of the total sum of ch. number plus number of v. (1 + 7, 2 + 286,) we get .... wait for it:
-- total of the odd numbers: 6555
-- total of the even numbers: 6236
-- interestingly, in this book the author makes a quite strange oath. "By the even and the odd ..." (Q, 89:3)
- now, this book has an even weirder property: it is NOT written chronologically - the author doesn't start with verse 1 of ch. 1, then writes verse 2
of ch. 1 etc ...
So, during hardship, getting tortured, attacked etc. for 23 years he writes a verse here and there, from totally DIFFERENT chapters, and the whole
time he keeps in mind (since he cant ACTUALLY write/read) where which verse will go, in which chapter, after which verse etc.
AND ALL THAT WHILE CREATING A SUPREME MATHEMATICAL SYSTEM AND DESCRIBING SCIENTIFIC FACTS DISCOVERED THOUSAND+ YEARS LATER.
Nay, but those who disbelieve live in denial, And Allah, all unseen, surroundeth them. Nay, this is a glorious Qur'an! (Qur'an,
edit on 22/5/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)