It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5-21-2011 Rapture... Get the facts strait...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

Brother, are you ok? Are you upset that you did not get Raptured? Friend, if you need to get some issues off your chest, Im sure there are plenty of friendly members here that will lend you a listening ear.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

You say that Harold Camping is a lunatic... yet, you have a common belief that 'Rapture' will happen one day. He might of got the day wrong, but he still believes its going to happen just like you do.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Toldyouso

Going by your name I can tell you are a troll. I do not believe what Mr. Camping said, never did.
If you go with the Holy Bible no one will. And I'm fine.
Being caught up is in the Holy Bible but not rapture. Not how it's commonly taught.
edit on 21-5-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

reply to post by Chevalerous

ATS rules & guidelines. I suggest you go read them.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
And when this doesn't happen, Camping and/or his followers will say that this either a test to get everyone's attention to get ready for the real date or they'll claim that their prayers subverted the almighty hand of God.

Personally, Camping is pretty old so maybe he decided to check out on this date.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
You are still #ing thick for being a christian though

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Jimmy
You are still #ing thick for being a christian though

Hi, have you two met?
Terms & Conditions

16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'm just about to head out and buy a new lawnmower for the garden, can someone let me know if the rapture is still on for today? If it is still on is it worth my while tidying the garden? Will a nicely cut lawn swing it with him upstairs regarding a seat on this rapture ride?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by clangers23

Naughty Naughty
You have money left over to buy a mower? Why didnt you donate it all over to Mr Camping? Im afraid no Rapture ticket for you....

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
Christians are not saying this... extreme fundamentalist lunatic's are...

Does that matter anymore? The line between religion and its fanatics was erased over the last decade in America. All Muslims are extremists because of a really small minority of them. Time to apply that to everyone. Better hold on because you guys have some really good extremists in Africa.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

I have an extreme fundamentalist cat who raptures rats. His name is Christian and he always leaves the tail and a bit of fluff behind after dining on the rat.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
Christians are not saying this... extreme fundamentalist lunatic's are...

They are Christians saying this, they have a different interpretation of the bible to you. Christianity is defined by numerous Christian churches each with their own interpretation. It has always been this way.

Here in Europe many view mainstream US evangelical Christianity with it's very literal interpretation to be pretty extreme.
edit on 21-5-2011 by clangers23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Every prediction will fail when it is based on a corrupted book.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It's bad form to insult someone else's belief system, whether said beliefs seem silly to you or not.

IRONY ALERT!!! The very same people who complain about fanatical Christians and their zealousness are currently on here doing the same thing- shouting and beating us all over the head with your own beliefs.

If this man believes his Lord will rapture all his chosen few, then let him believe it. If you believe he's daft, then you hold your own beliefs.

This merry go round suits no one. If he's wrong, so what? It's not your life or integrity on the line. It is easy to put the veracity of ANY line of belief on trial, and debunk it. What's difficult is allowing each and every voice to sing its own song. Have compassion, and let Mr. Camping and his followers deal with their own mortality the way they see fit.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
To a non-religious person, all this stuff just seems silly. Its not their fault they are religious, they are born into it and I believe its a social disease.

Jesus really is just Santa Clause for grow ups.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
It's bad form to insult someone else's belief system, whether said beliefs seem silly to you or not.

IRONY ALERT!!! The very same people who complain about fanatical Christians and their zealousness are currently on here doing the same thing- shouting and beating us all over the head with your own beliefs.

If this man believes his Lord will rapture all his chosen few, then let him believe it. If you believe he's daft, then you hold your own beliefs.

This merry go round suits no one. If he's wrong, so what? It's not your life or integrity on the line. It is easy to put the veracity of ANY line of belief on trial, and debunk it. What's difficult is allowing each and every voice to sing its own song. Have compassion, and let Mr. Camping and his followers deal with their own mortality the way they see fit.

"What's difficult is allowing each and every voice to sing its own song"
You're a contradiction by your own words.
Leave people to their own religion, judgements and humour too.

IRONY ALERT!!! The very same person who complains about other people complaining about fanatical Christians and their zealousness is currently on here doing the same thing- shouting and beating us all over the head with his own beliefs.
My stomach hurts!
edit on 21-5-2011 by LexiconV because: Cause I was laughing so much my stomach hurt.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Personal abuse is always unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. Respect and mockery I'm not so sure. This is after all a discussion forum if I and other non-believers not only do not share your beliefs but find them to be ridiculous are we not allowed to politely express that view?

There appears to be an underlying belief with individuals of one religious persuasion or another that their inherent belief set is somehow ring fenced and beyond certain critical comment e.g. I am a Christian, I take my faith seriously and therefore so should you, you must respect my views and not mock them.

If I came on here and expressed a personal belief that the works of Tolkien and in particular The Hobbit are in actual fact a work of fact rather than fiction and that I very literally believed them, would others not be entitled to mock that view? If you subscribe to a belief set shared my millions of others then that automatically excludes you from mockery?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
But, to what end? What do YOU gain from mocking another's beliefs?

Does it make you feel better about your own?

It is abundantly obvious that NO ONE has the real answer to what lies beyond, so everyone is entitled to their views, however ridiculous I may see them.

Compassion means that you have an understanding that every one of us is doing the best we can do knowing what we currently know. Easy to deconstruct and mock, harder to accept that they have the right to worship and believe however they see fit.

Must've hit a nerve.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
There are more types of Christians out there now that there are stars in the sky...one hates this group, the other hates this group..and they are suppose to be Christian ???? Seems I don't remember Jesus talking about this group of Christians over here and that group over there...and how this group is stupid and this group is ignorant and that group over by the well are talking about the group over at the tents, etc......

"Religion" is God's worst enemy, right after satan.

Man made religion. God is God.

If you want to know the mind of God, study the Bible. It was written by men but wholly inspired by God.

It is the way it is today because that is the way God wanted it to be.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Star to you from me. Well said.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

But, to what end? What do YOU gain from mocking another's beliefs?

Does it make you feel better about your own?

It is abundantly obvious that NO ONE has the real answer to what lies beyond, so everyone is entitled to their views, however ridiculous I may see them.

Compassion means that you have an understanding that every one of us is doing the best we can do knowing what we currently know. Easy to deconstruct and mock, harder to accept that they have the right to worship and believe however they see fit.

Must've hit a nerve.

I'd go to war to defend your right to your own belief system and right to worship, that doesn't mean I have to take your specific belief seriously.

I'd suggest it's a normal human reaction to a position or belief that we perceive as being ridiculous in nature. A shared belief not worthy of consideration etc.... I'd also suggest that debate of any kind involves a re-enforcement of one's own belief system hence the reason why we often passionately debate a subject matter.

An emotional reaction to a debate is not abnormal. If I was to enter into a debate discussing homosexuality or abortion with devout Christians (as i have) the reaction I would often get is anger, disbelief and mockery.

Surely as long as it's not too aggressive or personal a little mockery or self-depracating humour is hardly a bad thing? Perhaps to show that we don't always take ourselves so very, very seriously?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join