It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5-21-2011 Rapture... Get the facts strait...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Where did the Bible come from...!?!

In fact all current re;igious books...!!

They came from Primitive, desert dwelling nomads, not much more advanced than the Remote tribes in South America.

If I had a time machine and went back to then, drove upto Jesus and his buddies in M 4x4 Rodeo Crew Cab...

They would think I was a god...

They would write about it and start a religion over it..

I just can't believe that Civilised, Human beings, living in a modern era like this, can follow any book written by primitives thousands of years ago...

Just isn't logical...!!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Well I agree with you about no one knowing the day or the hour. Only the Father, Son & Holy Ghost do. But you might want to change your spelling. Strait needs to be straight. And profit needs to be prophet.

Originally posted by Ironclad

Where did the Bible come from...!?!

In fact all current re;igious books...!!

They came from Primitive, desert dwelling nomads, not much more advanced than the Remote tribes in South America.

Ironclad, the fact you say what you say shows me and anyone that have read the Holy Bible and have done any research at all that you don't know what you're talking about. The Holy Bible is a library of books written by people of different background, social status, education. It consists of history, letters, poems, songs.

It all flows together miraculously. Psalm 22 by David, King of Israel is a prophetic Psalm of what happened to Jesus Christ. Isaiah 52 & 53 go into that too. In fact The Son of God & what would happen is pointed to far back as the beginning of Genesis. There is more evidence for the reliability of the New Testament than any other ancient writing. It is a fact that a man named Jesus called the Christ existed. He's spoken of in non-Biblical sources.

The wisdom of Agur in Proverbs 30 point to God having a son and asking his name.

It does not matter how much a person reads the Holy Bible. Unless the Holy Spirit draws us to the Father, we cannot know the truth, we cannot be free from sin. It is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ we are saved. That faith which leads us to repentance is itself the Holy Spirit working on us. I've been a Christian since mid 2003.
edit on 21-5-2011 by soaringhawk because: replying to another person.

edit on 21-5-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

greetings from china its now 18.50 and happy to report scotty has not been beaming anyone up just did a reality check and checked with the local die hard christian down the road his still there as well

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Dont believe this crap, its just another method to keep you scared and to put all you're trust in the 'Almighty' Jesus (LOL)!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
what a load of bs. nothing to report from australia. someone will have a lot of explaining tommorrow lol

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The reason why no one was raptured is because no one was christian enough.

No, you can't have a refund.

Peace!
*Drives off in dodge viper*

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
I've seen too many people on here mock Christians
over this stupid Rapture prophecy BS...

I wanna set some things strait...

Christians are not saying this... extreme fundamentalist lunatic's are...

I'm Christian... my family is Christian... we aren't saying the rapture is coming...

Jesus did not predict Sunday's Rapture...

The Bible is not saying 5-21-2011 is the Rapture

A lunatic by the name of Harold Camping did....

This is what is in the Bible says about the Rapture and the End of Time...

Mark 13:32 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Acts 1:7 He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has put in his own authority.

Mathew 24:36 "But the day and hour no one knows.not even the angels in heaven,but my Father only.

If Harold and his followers actually read the Bible...

They would know they were wrong...

Harold Camping is a false profit...

-End of Line

edit on 5/20/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

Yes!! Finally someone who has pointed that out, that guy is not really a Christian because like you said and like I said in another thread he wouldn't have predicted this date, or the one in 1994, if he was indeed a true Christian. If he actually takes the bible as fact he would not have done this at all. Oh well, who will survive and what will be left of them?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

There is no such thing as a "rapture" of the church. I used to believe this stuff, until I studied Greek and Hebrew. Jesus said "I pray not that you should take them out of the world, but that you should keep them safe from the evil one." John 17:15.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

Jesus said Lazarus was "asleep", not dead. It is appointed unto man to die only once, according to the bible. I am not a bible thumper, only have studied it.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Seeing that so many people on ATS are religious is one of the biggest let downs I've had in a while.

Deny ignorance? Yeah right.
What a waste.

You can believe in a higher power and not be religious, but you can't believe the stories in the bible and not be delusional.

It's called mass hysteria.

It's one of the greatest mockeries of the human race.

Peace.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by terilynn

You say the Bible does not speak of anyone being raptured. I must respectfully disagree. Enoch lived a Godly life and "walked with God" after which "he was not, for God took him." (Gen 5:1-18). Enoch did not taste death.
Elijah was also "raptured." 2 Kngs, chapter 2 states Elijah and Elisha came to a river. Elijah struck the water, which parted, allowing the two to cross the river on dry land. Then Elijah was taken to heaven in a whirlwind, accompanied by a chariot of fire.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Toldyouso

Hi friend, I mostly agree with you. God is God. God is not man. Jesus is not God. It's pretty simple to figure out. I used to believe in all that fundamentalist theology until I started researching for myself. The "Trinity" is a manmade doctrine. God has no other gods before Him. I appreciate the scriptures you listed. If Christ were to stop by today, he would probably quote both of those scriptures.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Jesus said :"And no man hath ascended into Heaven, but he that came down from Heaven, even the Son of man which is in Heaven." John 3:13. So, Christ just said that neither Enoch or Elijah were "raptured" into Heaven because they never came down from Heaven.
edit on 21-5-2011 by aero56 because: typo

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by aero56

He wasn't speaking about what some call the rapture. But the Holy Bible does say we'll be caught up and changed in the twinkling of an eye. The trinity is not a man made doctrine.
The fact of the holy trinity is shown from the beginning of Genesis. Jesus made it clear that He and the Father are one. That before Abraham was, He was. You can say you read the Greek & Hebrew but so have plenty of other's. You've discovered nothing new and scripture is not open to private interpretation.

-John 1:1-3-In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2The same was in the beginning with God.

3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

-Isaiah 44:11- I , even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.|
[John 14:6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

-Isaiah 44:6-8- Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

7And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them.

8Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.]

-Revelation 22:12-16-And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

16I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

It was the Word ( The son of God ) which walked with the two angels whom visited Abraham & had later went to gather Lot and his family before the LORD destroyed the cities of Sodom & Gomorrah for their wickedness.

It was the Son of God which appeared to Adam & Eve in the garden and made clothing out of animal skin. That was the first sacrifice as the result of the fall. It was the Son of God that picked Moses up and placed him in the cleft of the rock and Moses was covered by His hand and saw his back as the Lord walked by.

-Exodus 33:18-23- 18- And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.

19And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

20And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

21And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:

22And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:

23And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

So the Holy Trinity is very scriptural and very real. You cannot be a Christian and believe that Jesus is not God. In heaven three bear witness. The Father, Son and Holy Ghost. And these three agree as one. He who denies Jesus is the Son of God is anti-Christ and truth is not in that person.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
I've seen too many people on here mock Christians
over this stupid Rapture prophecy BS...

edit on 5/20/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

Christians are mocked for their belief in the stories in the bible.

Why? If you take fiction for fact, then all of your other beliefs also become irrelevant to those who seek truth.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I'll have you Christian bashers know that you're violating the rules and will be reported. I really don't care that plenty of you speak lies and behave childishly. Jesus was made fun of, the apostles were. Mocking and the other behaviour toward Christians is nothing new. But for the stability and keeping this board civil the rules must be enforced.

So either participate in a mature manner or stop regurgitating the same old garbage that people have said time and time again because it really shows how insecure in your unbelief you really are. Go outside and play.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by aero56

Sorry, but you need to read the referenced chapters. Enoch and Ezekial have not yet died. The bible clearly states they were "translated" by God, to be with God, until they complete their destiny.
Enoch and Ezekial are the two witnesses who will appear during the tribulation and preach against the Antichrist, calling him out, so to speak. The bible says they will "prophpsey for 1240 days." They will be able to dystroy those who come against them, control the weather and call down plagues. At the end of the 3 1/2 years, God will remove his protection and they will be killed. They will lie in the street for 3 1/2 days, then they will be resurrected and taken to heaven. I refer you to Revealtion chapter 11.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk
I'll have you Christian bashers know that you're violating the rules and will be reported.

Whose rules? GOD's??

you're violating the rules and will be reported.

Yeah, you do that! please report to God that the people on ATS are being incredibly naughty and totally out of control!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Hey people, Seems strange but for some reason FamilyRadio is not broadcasting at the moment. Hope that lot are all ok.....

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Well said!!!! I had a computerapocalypse yesterday!!! Dont worry my monitor just blew up but it went straight too heaven so dont cry....lol .

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join