It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't make any plans for Sunday. Jesus was wrong!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Don't make any plans for Sunday. Jesus was wrong!

au.news.yahoo.com

Being an ancient hippie I was rather concerned about Friday, May 13, 2011. Not just because it was Friday the Thirteenth but because there was a planetary alignment predicted by the song Aquarius in the musical Hair.

Jupiter was aligned with Mars, but apparently the Moon was not in the Seventh House so nothing changed.

Things will be different a week later. Sunday, May 22, 2011 is going to be a very bad day for people who are not good Christians, because at 6pm on Saturday, May 21, the Rapture is going to happen.

This is when all good souls will be taken to Heaven, leaving the sinners
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This is in the top current news stories on www.yahoo.com.au... currently. Is this some kind of fear mongering? Or perhaps just a sarcastic dig at all the endd of days jibberish that seems to have taken over the world...

I don't find it overly amusing, and not because I making poop in my pants but because there are a lot of people who are going to eat the stuff up.

In regarding the title, I don't quite understand what they mean by "Jesus was wrong!"....

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20/5/11 by spearhead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
In regarding the title, I don't quite understand what they mean by "Jesus was wrong!"....

I think it means that Jesus was wrong predicting that no one would know on what day he would return.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I'm just waiting for the excuses made when it doesn't happen,

similar to every other time a 'Rapture' or 'Religious End Of Times' Scenario has been brought up

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
There are billboards with this date all over town.

"May 21st -- End of the World"

I don't want the world to end but I want something dramatic to change with this messed up set of circumstances.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Can't believe this is on Yahoo ! ahahah.

Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
you do realise that the theory or rapture has only been around for 200 odd years. 18th century christians would have no clue what the fuss is about. The theory of rapture has come about from some obscure translation of 1 Thessalonians Chapter 4

Also Harold Camping was the bloke who predicted, and was shown to be wrong, that the second coming of jesus would be in 1991....

I'm not religious in any way

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JudasIscariot

Well yes, now that makes sense. But surely if Jesus predicted no one could predict his return and they have, then wouldn't that make him a false profit... so therefore perhaps is return is a false prediction. I hate the bible crap so bad....

And so all the good people are going to die and everyone else gets to sit around and kill zombies?

The more I think about it, the media is taking the piss out of the conspiracy theorist as a whole.

Unfortunately, I predict I will rock up to work on Monday morning and have to struggle through an endless day of repetition. Zombie killing would make for a much more exciting day, though I don't see any room for zombies when the world will flood for 150 days and then go up in a cloud of smoke.

Maybe all the zombies will be under the water.... so don't dip your feet.

edit on 20/5/11 by spearhead because: toadd

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
There are billboards with this date all over town.

"May 21st -- End of the World"

I don't want the world to end but I want something dramatic to change with this messed up set of circumstances.

That's exactly what I'm thinking, and that's why i kinda like predictions. On the other hand, any dramatic change will probably be 'For us, By us - The Power That Be'

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

similar to every other time a 'Rapture' or 'Religious End Of Times' Scenario has been brought up

I was thinking the same thing. Let me guess, weve all been forgiven thanks to these End of the Worlders getting people to repent. Or maybe they all go into hiding leaving a pile of clothes on a pair of shoes in the kitchen so everyone will think they were the only ones taking away because of their strong faith.
regardless I think these parents are taking the children's to these churches and seminats preaching about this need to be investigated for child abuse. Can u imagine the anguish and inner torment these poor kids are going through right now? Worried that they are going to die on the next 48hrs.
This kind of falls under the definition of terrorism doesnt it? Using the fear of death to get someone to submit to a political or religious ideology?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
How is He wrong? One can't know but one can believe. Knowing and believing are not the same things.

If guessing or believing is the same as knowing one could postpone Judgement Day indefinitely by guessing or believing every day is that day.
edit on 20-5-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
haha the Aussies be trollin' .

It is a Australian Skeptics blog post.

But you people all crying about "tax money being spent by the CDC to prepare for a zombie apocalypse." might be regreting that choice soon enough.

edit on 20-5-2011 by LikeDuhObviously because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Jesus did not predict Sunday's Rapture...

A lunatic by the name of Harold Camping did....

I'm so sick of Harold and his fundamentalist ramblings

Christians are not saying this... extreme fundamentalist lunatic's are...

Jesus said this...

Mark 13:32 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Acts 1:7 He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has put in his own authority.

Mathew 24:36 "But the day and hour no one knows.not even the angels in heaven,but my Father only.

Yahoo news needs to reevaluate their employee contracts...
whoever wrote that article...

needs shown the door...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chillidog1

I was thinking the same thing. Let me guess, weve all been forgiven thanks to these End of the Worlders getting people to repent. Or maybe they all go into hiding leaving a pile of clothes on a pair of shoes in the kitchen so everyone will think they were the only ones taking away because of their strong faith.

and Drink The Grape Kool-Aid,

Having Personal Belief is one thing, yet capitalizing on that 'Belief' is completely different

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Ok I'm just confirming he's leaving the sinners right? I should be good then. I'm not down with old, bearded guys abducting me anyway. ATTN all sinners I'm having a huge bash Sunday night. No rules except BYOB. All the goodie goodies will be gone so there's gonna be mad skanks here. See you then.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Is that Eastern or Central time?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Part of the illusion will be religious crying out bible verses like, ``there will be mockers in the end time saying where is the promise of his coming`` etc etc. These are nothing more than trigger words, such as Zombies and Apocolypse. Benny Hinn is but one of the Best in his field at brainwashing the masses into Obeying without Questioning. It`s pretty much like that with all power hungry beasts in all areas of the trance.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Not many people are aware that Jesus is already here.

Just a little over 2000 years ago, we arrived on the earth for the first time. My name then was Yeshua ben Yosef, or the Jesus of the Bible, the son of Joseph and Mary. Mary's name then was Mary of Magdala, the woman identified in the Bible as Mary Magdalene. Mary was my wife then, and the first person I appeared to after I was crucified.

Jesus is Alive and Living in Australia - Divine Truth

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

HAHA!!! That dude was one 60 Minutes on Sunday night.... what a doosh!

I can't believe people are following that guy.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Actually, he's over HERE.

www.ra-el.org...

Apparently Christ was born in 1968 in Illinois. And he'll be addressing us via youtube on Saturday.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join