It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Asks US To Respect Pakistan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
It's all "tit for tat" saber rattling and China has to much investment to just throw it away on a country like Pakistan. I mean seriously, you honestly think that when push comes to shove China would risk losing it's billions perhaps trillions of dollars it has invested in the U.S. economy for a country like Pakistan?

All of the money China has invested in the dollar is in risk of becoming worthless based on what the US is doing to its own economy. They've already stated they intend on diversifying more into other currencies and cutting the amount of debt they've been "holding" for us by 2/3. The US is a major market for the Chinese but what exports of ours do they rely on? The same is true of Japan, which up until recently held a huge trade surplus.

Pakistan needs to learn that harbouring terrorist garbage will not be tolerated. Killing UBL was a fantastic decision and I respect President Obama for having the guts to pull it off.

Give me a break. Osama was reported dead by Middle Eastern news outlets about a decade ago. Even US MSM mirrored those articles, Fox and CNN and all the other usuals. That whole "operation" and the 200 different stories that came out of it were obviously not the whole truth. The US has been funding the Pakistani ISI for decades. If you want to talk about corrupt officials you can start there. I would have figured a Canadian would have been more up to snuff on this stuff than an American, since we have to deal with a total media black out. Do you guys worship us up there or something? Pointing out Chinese corruption ahead of American corruption is ridiculous.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

Pakistan needs to learn that harbouring terrorist garbage will not be tolerated. Killing UBL was a fantastic decision and I respect President Obama for having the guts to pull it off.

Yep, I saw Obama there in the thick of battle..
My hero..

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Canada doesn't seem to be that well equipped and with NATO and the US forces prancing around the world spreading themselves thin.... Russia or China or both could move in quite easily.... And there are not too many armed Canadians (excluding rural areas) but we could certainly paste them with beer cans.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I take it you're not from BC. Loads of Chinese here. I'm sure that China would not just ditch them if it went down.

And besides, it is a major fallacy for Harper to resist ties with China. They will be most necessary if we wish to survive the next 100 years as a sovereign country in a brave new world after the age of American imperialism... unless it really is Harper's goal to assimilate us into the US...

As for those who keep citing the Chinese general claiming China is too weak to fight the US, I guess you haven't studied Sun Tzu or anything to do with Chinese strategy because this is Art of War 101. I have never seen China in a more capable position, nor the US in such a vulnerable one (broke, outstretched, low on global popularity scale, etc).

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Well then we are talking about WW3 and all gloves are off, a full scale invasion of North America would lead to a full realease of nuclear weapons against China,

Obama's the one in control of the nukes and those who control Obama live outside of North America... Would you trust them to order Obama to "take off the gloves"?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

I don't think Obama has the balls to nuke China.

Joe Biden probably does though.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

This where you and I differ. I believe that he was actually taken out that night by special forces, even though this is a "conspiracy website". I would like to see the images though of him dead, people deserve that much.

Corruption lies on both sides of the ocean, it always has in all political parties. It's just harder to find information on corrupt Chinese officials as they seem to have a failry good strangle hold on information.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

This where you and I differ. I believe that he was actually taken out that night by special forces, even though this is a "conspiracy website".

You at least realize that you're taking this completely on faith from our military/political leaders, and even in the face of many pieces of conflicting evidence, including mismatching many mismatching stories of what allegedly happened and even several reports that he has already been dead for years, right?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by soleprobe

I don't think Obama has the balls to nuke China.

Joe Biden probably does though.

I know this may come as a shock, but Obama and Biden don't control or run anything… not even the content of their speeches.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I'm half and half with it. Until I see an image of him dead I won't be completely convinced, but I imagine the U.S. didn't just have a serious helicopter malfunction in the middle of Pakistan just to create a conspiracy. Then, on top of that, forgot to take with them the "super duper high tech" tail piece.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I don't understand the helicopter thing either but I also don't think that it was the US's goal to take a top-secret new helicopter into Pakistan just to blow it up and leave pieces laying around.

It would be ironic if guerrilla forces destroyed it, and the US made up the story about Osama being there just to draw attention away from their massive blunder.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

im glad some have the grey to not take what he said on face value...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Can't really find much of this news on the net after doing some searches, how credible is this site that you posted OP? This kind of reminds me of the Cuban Missile Crisis when Kennedy said any missile coming from Cuba would be regarded as a Russia attack and will be dealt with appropriately, obviously not the same situation but it does ring a few bells. China and Pakistan are both nuclear countries and if what the article said was true this is something the U.S. has never faced before; 2 on 1.

Although I'm sure there's nothing to worry about, didn't some high ranking Chinese official just say the other day that China would be no match for American right now? I don't think China is all that hungry for war as they seem to be getting their job done without any physical violence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join