It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where'd ATS go???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This evening, for about an hour or so, maybe less, just very recently, my access to ATS blew out. I tried about 10 different ways to get into it, but everytime, it looked like an all black all redacted covered up Stan Friedman UFO document.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Pics or it didnt happen.

Second.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I have pics, but you'l have to come and get them. From my cold dead hand.

(I have circulation problems, and the dropsy.)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
This evening, for about an hour or so, maybe less, just very recently, my access to ATS blew out. I tried about 10 different ways to get into it, but everytime, it looked like an all black all redacted covered up Stan Friedman UFO document.

Happened to me as well, the connection seems to have been getting stuck on ads.abovetopsecret.com and another ad link.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I had the same thing happen...no biggie...they were just censoring some stuff out I suppose.

Who knows...maybe it was maintenance on the system...maybe not!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Yeah, maintenence on the system. Those boys call themselves "the plumbers"! (ie, government break-in/meyhem....)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I havent had an outage - BUT - I am concerned about a thread that I was reading and now get error 404 what the hell is that all about - I was using the info in the thread for my research and now its gone gone gone PTB or ATS please what do u think??

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by addicted2011
I havent had an outage - BUT - I am concerned about a thread that I was reading and now get error 404 what the hell is that all about - I was using the info in the thread for my research and now its gone gone gone PTB or ATS please what do u think??

I had started a thread a few hours before that involving ways to punish the big banks. It got erased and is no where to be found. 404 error, and it was getting flags and stars. now I can't flag any threads. I will repost, but I think that is pretty messed up. Makes me think that we came under attack. Why no response from any mods?

The link in my signature was the thread that got deleted. Could someone resurrect it from the grave???
edit on 5/20/11 by TheRealJayZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRealJayZ

I read that thread and it was very good. It does seem odd that it disappeared but then alot of things are starting to seem odd around here now days. Thumbs up to you for reposting it and staying the course.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Sometimes there are outages.

It happens with pretty much every site occasionally.

We do the best we can to get it back as quickly as possible.

As far as trashed threads go, our system is set up specifically so that when a thread is moved or trashed a PM is automatically sent from the staff member who moved it to the member who created it.

We do this so that the member can see who moved it and can respond with any questions they may have, such as why was it trashed and what might need to be changed in order to post it again.

If you're not sure where to find your messages just click on "Tools" at the top of the page, and then "Messages."

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

It seems that there is some explanation for the outage and the removal of your thread...well sort of.

My question is: Did you get a message as to why your thread was trashed or is this just an ambiguous statement from the mod?

No offense to the moderator on duty of course...I just want to know if there is any validity to his thread getting trashed...you know...deny ignorance and all that!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

I received a message saying my thread had been moved to the trash bin for suspect reasons.

Your thread is being trashed because it violates T&C specifically:
15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Yikes...that does not sound good. I have to agree though it is a suspect reason. Maybe it would be better recieved by ATS if it were worded in the form of a rant and reposted with others supporting the idea by taking action themselves...that way it could not be mistaken for a recruitment of sorts. Just a thought because I believe in your cause and movement in this direction and I would only hope others would see the value in it. Good luck and I hope to see the topic in a new thread.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Relax OP,

it was fireworks.

top topics

join