It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 Declassified on NatGeo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Hey guys, I just saw a preview commercial for a new documentary on the National Geographic channel set to air this Sunday evening called Area 51 Declassified. It promises to have interviews with actual former employees of Area 51 who are going to "spill the beans" on it. You can read about it and watch some clips here:

channel.nationalgeographic.com...-Videos/10228_00

What do you guys think? True story? Disinfo? Based on the clips, it looks as if they're going to deny the whole "aliens/UFOs" story, but it still looks rather interesting, perhaps some great insight into how things actually operate there. From what I've seen in the clips, the claims a lot of people have made about even the employees and pilots not knowing what they're working on seems to be true.

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up.

Edit: there are also a lot of neat "behind restricted lines" photos from Area 51 on the site.

edit on 19-5-2011 by Charizard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Just in time for it to be moved to a new location... (actually 2 new locations). That's like tossing the baggy and spraying a bunch of Lysol just before your mom walks in; something is still fishy, but the evidence is long gone.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

dude, a lot of people these days have NO clue what youre talking about.. its not "baggie" anymore, its whatever they call it.. and its definitely NOT lysol, its febreeeeeeeze

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Charizard

Of course the blasted thing just has to air the day after we all die. Erm, well all the good boys and girls. I guess the naughty ones will know the truth now! Stupid Harold Camping...

Honestly though, the thing I have seen time and time again with these types of shows is that it is the same information rehashed again and again with different words and a new commentator. Would many on ATS love to hear something new about the site? Sure! Sadly, I don't think this will happen.

Thanks for letting us know Mr. Charizard, our Pokémon friend!
I may have to check this out to see.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Dear Charizard

Oh but only if it were true.

Interesting as it will be no doubt, you will get no more than the party line.

Sorry but anybody who thinks other than that is deluded.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It'll just be a show about top secret planes, military tech etc... basically saying look we had this crazy stuff for that time here, but no aliens. So you can't take everything this program presents to be the whole truth.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

I thought that was a great analogy. Totally pictured it!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
Just in time for it to be moved to a new location... (actually 2 new locations). That's like tossing the baggy and spraying a bunch of Lysol just before your mom walks in; something is still fishy, but the evidence is long gone.
lol Try exhaling into a used toilet paper roll with fabric softener on the other end.
Someone I used to work with years ago informed me of this strategy.

Back on topic: I don't believe anything interesting will come from this, per usual. In fact, this seems to be total bs. I clicked the alien one and I see garbage about "WHEN ALIENS ATTACK." Come on...
edit on 19/5/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiefHockey
It'll just be a show about top secret planes, military tech etc... basically saying look we had this crazy stuff for that time here, but no aliens. So you can't take everything this program presents to be the whole truth.

Yeah, that's the gist I'm getting. Basically a "Cold War" documentary mainly talking about the development of the U2 and Blackbird, but hey, I'm a sucker for shows like this. I've already set the DVR, though I'm sure if it reveals anything too controversial, they'll just delete it from my DVR like they did with the FEMA camp episode of Conspiracy Theory.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jewston
reply to post by Mactire

dude, a lot of people these days have NO clue what youre talking about.. its not "baggie" anymore, its whatever they call it.. and its definitely NOT lysol, its febreeeeeeeze

I have no idea what I'm talking about. I've never smoked the $h!t, but I have a step-brother who I'm sure has never taken a breath of oxygen in his life.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It seems to me there are too many "what if" scenario shows and movies right now.

The History Channel, Discovery, etc. they all have shows that never seem to come to conclusive evidence,
and in your average fiction shows, they are infusing the public with fear about aliens. Look at The Event!

It's like they are prepping the world to tell them that there ARE extra-terrestrials, and shaping the public opinion to
fear their arrival.

I don't personally believe a race of alien is coming to take over our world, but I honestly don't know!!!

Does anybody, really?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

This has already been posted HERE and HERE

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Looks like an interesting show, I'll be watching. Hopefully they ignore the stupid alien nonsense.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
"Area 51 Declassified" is the first documentary to focus solely on the actual, documented history of the Groom Lake test facility instead of the usual mythology that we have seen in previous television programs. The National Geographic crew had unprecedented access to declassified documents, interviews, and subject matter experts. The only drawback is the relatively narrow emphasis on some of the older projects (U-2, A-12, etc.), but hopefully this will be framed in a wider context.

National Geographic is also working on "The Truth Behind Area 51," a documentary that will probably cover all the things missed in "Area 51 Declassified." It, too, will be a documentary that is solidly based in well documented fact and credible sources. There will necessarily be some overlapping material in the two shows but each will offer material that has not previously been aired in any television show about Area 51.

The History Channel is offering a new perspective on Area 51, as well, in the "Outliers" episode of "How The States Got Their Shapes." The show is part of a miniseries that examines the unique aspects of each of the 50 states. Nevada is unusual because more than 80% of the state is federally owned and restricted from public use, encompassing such secretive test facilities as Area 51, the Nevada National Security Site, and Tonopah Test Range. Again, expect to see factual information trump fantasy.

All I can say is that it's about time. There have been too many crappy shows about this subject.
edit on 21-5-2011 by Shadowhawk because: corrected a typo

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jewston

We use Mason Jars now FYI lol

This show should be cool, but its gonna be 98% disinfo and 2% real info, like the location lol

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
you know they use false evidence to cover their selfs up

they "allowed" such shows to be on air to simply distract everyone

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I watched it. Very disappointing. Especially from a UFO standpoint.

I find it hard to believe though that all of Area 51 was for Project Oxchart (at the time). Over 12 years!! Heck I think I got as much, if not more from this thread about Project Oxchart.

The Road to Area 51: After Decades of Denial, Five Former Insiders Speak Out!: Project Oxcart
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join