It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous planning "Operation Rapture"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by i am just saying

you forgot oral roberts,"If you dont send me a million dollars god is going to kill me" he he he

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epiphron

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
They might believe that they were not apart of the Rapture and kill themselves thinking it's better to be dead than go through the End Times.

Natural selection at it's best.

The truth is that we all have free will. These pranksters would not be forcing anyone to commit suicide and aren't even suggesting it.

Any adult who still believes in fairy tales, and wants to commit suicide based on those fairy tales, gets no sympathy from me.

Thats very cold.

Man these are people not animals.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

It's been said the value of a society is found in how it treats its weakest members. Given how the most animals and their environments are treated pretty much everywhere, I'd say the people are lucky to just have a choice.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Thats very cold.

Man these are people not animals.

Humans are animals too. Actually, the main thing that separates us from lesser evolved animals is rationality.

The thing is though, these 'rapture' people seem to be lacking any degree of rationality at all. What kind of reasoning human being would not only govern their lives based on a 2000 year old fairy tale, but actually think that an imaginary being is going to come down from the clouds and take them back to an imaginary place as a reward for believing in that imaginary place?

Honestly I think most animals show more rationality than that. If these people are so out of touch with reality that they would be willing to take their own life, then so be it.

Use them as an example to teach your kids the foolishness of religious belief.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by i am just saying

So those that mocked God were killed? Doesn't sound like a very nice entity to me, sounds like someone with low self-confidence and murderous tendancies! Or are you saying it's kinda coincidental that these people were killed after having a pop at God?

I find it hard to believe that people can still keep their faith when an apparent omnipotent being allows so much pain and suffering on his/her planet. Where justice is flawed, innocent people are dying and rapists win the lottery, shouldn't he step in, or is he too busy smiting people that mock him?

I'm just trying to be rational, if that's possible when it comes to religion.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join