It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official: Obama is NOT a Christian.

page: 27
<< 24  25  26   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by infojunkie2

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
The modern State of Israel is nothing more than a glorified Western military base on stolen land. They have no right to exist.

If the US wants to create a Jewish homeland, they should do it on their OWN land, not someone elses'.

Oh really, well maybe you should go back to Great Britian then,since your ancesters stole the land you live on from the indians. or maybe Texas should be given back to Mexico, it the same smell as what you are talking about,but only you speak without knowledge.

I've always heard two wrongs do not a make a right.

The point being that Israel was CREATED by the West. They WOULD NOT survive without western financial and military support. They are a glorified British/American military base plopped down in oil-rich land to keep the land divided.

Also, Israel was created on stolen land just a half century ago. ne can point to several instances of nations built on stolen land throughout history, but that doesn't make Israel in the right. It's just makes them in guilty company.

I am not saying all Israeli's should leave. I'm saying they should stand on their own, instead of begging the US for money, arms, etc.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by Signals

This topic shouldn't even need to be discussed. Why?

1. It cannot be proven either way if Obama is a Christian or isn't (though I'm willing to bet he is). Even then his faith is 100% HIS business and doesn't have anything to do with politics.

2. It is not a requirement of the Christian faith to support the modern State of Israel, therefore even if he did 'turn his back' on Israel it wouldn't mean he was any less of a Christian.

3. Obama did NOT turn his back on Israel, in fact he spoke in favour of Israel, maybe you should actually listen to the speech he gave.

Seconded! Quoted for truth, and all the rest..
Here in New Zealand the faith of any MP is rightly considered her or his business, no one else's.
Vicky

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I believe that Obama is an agnostic-atheist...he may have some spiritualist leanings, but like any intelligent person, he is not much for fairy tails.

He just suggests he has a religion (christianity) to appease the moronic masses that fear invisible boogiemen and require leaders to speak to invisible friends before starting their crusades.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEV1L79
I love Israel and I love jews, and all you jew haters are pathetic.

Islam is an evil horrible cult that needs to be wiped out if you don't see that you deserve to die.

So much love... and hate, in a single post. So lets qualify your comment... What do you LOVE about Israel and Jews?

And why do I deserve to die if I don't believe that Islam needs to be wiped out?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by grahag

Originally posted by DEV1L79
I love Israel and I love jews, and all you jew haters are pathetic.

Islam is an evil horrible cult that needs to be wiped out if you don't see that you deserve to die.

So much love... and hate, in a single post. So lets qualify your comment... What do you LOVE about Israel and Jews?

And why do I deserve to die if I don't believe that Islam needs to be wiped out?

He's just advancing typical Zionist propaganda that implies anyone who disagrees with the modern state of Israel hates jews. Despite, of course, the numerous notable jews (and Israeli jews!) who also oppose the modern state of israel.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Now now... Lets give him/her a chance to answer. I'm actually very curious what their thought process is.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by Sparky63

What does the Bible say about nations that turn their back on Israel?

who cares what the bible says. it's a book.
books are written, edited and manipulated by people
some of those people succeed in fooling others
they tell them that their imaginary friend was the ghost writer
i for one don't buy this

i strongly support the statement made by others in this thread: religion shouldn't have a place in politics
but than again that god fraud is too good a trick to control the feeble minded and the scared ones
to turn it in for rational thinking

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Maybe some of you are just too PC trained to realize what is happening...

America IS a Christian nation, to deny this is like trying to deny fried chicken and apple pie. Don't give me that nonsense.

maybe you should refrain from posting here for a while
and spend the time that becomes available
to study

maybe than you'll have a better chance of making a statement
that makes sense, when it comes to history

do some research on the religious positions taken by your founding fathers
and while you're at it, there is a body of wonderful literature to help you
understand the efforts taken to control the relation between religion and politics
by giving heaps of importance to the freedom of religion legal frameworks

or is this too difficult?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

You're the one who used 'non-Christian' as a bad thing. To classify a whole group of individuals as bad is to be a bigot. Should I not call a serial killer a murderer either?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

I was quite offended by your post. No I am not 13. I am 39 and I consider myself quite intelligent, thank you. Our nation was founded on a belief in God. Jesus is God in the flesh. Now granted, what our nation was founded on and where we stand now as a nation are miles apart. I don't understand why people have to start calling names and insulting people to get their point across on this site, but I see it quite a lot and it really shows me the caliber of people here. Can you explain to me what is wrong with the list I provided?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

The modern State of Israel is nothing more than a glorified Western military base on stolen land. They have no right to exist.

If the US wants to create a Jewish homeland, they should do it on their OWN land, not someone elses'.

The US didn't create Israel the British did.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by infojunkie2

Oh really, well maybe you should go back to Great Britian then,since your ancesters stole the land you live on from the indians. or maybe Texas should be given back to Mexico, it the same smell as what you are talking about,but only you speak without knowledge.

Texas won it's own independence from Mexico before joining the US so we don't have to give anything back so you might want to expand your own knowledge.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

America was not founded on a belief in any deity, it was founded on secular values from the Enlightenment, where do you think they got 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" from?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Absolute nonsense.

You come on this thread, call me a bigot, and then spend 3-4 posts backpeddling / trying to explain it.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverSleepingEyes

maybe you should refrain from posting here for a while
and spend the time that becomes available
to study

maybe than you'll have a better chance of making a statement
that makes sense, when it comes to history

Hey the next time I need some advice on what to do in my free time, I'll u2u you.

Also, please post all recommended reading for my study sessions. You sound like a professor, or teacher of some sort...So I'm in luck here. Would you feel uncomfortable if I asked you to be like a "Mentor" to me?
Often I feel lost here, it would be helpful to have someone I could trust, someone that could guide me on this journey...This journey for knowledge, The Truth.

This is incredibly exciting, I feel like I could have a new beginning here on ATS. This will without a doubt improve my posts and threads!

I just Friended you...patiently awaiting your return Friending.

This is my last post in this thread, when it was sent to the Rant Forum, it was killed. Thanks.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Signals because: classified

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
oops, double.
edit on 23/5/11 by madnessinmysoul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Okay, so apparently calling someone who views everyone who is not a member of their group as inferior a bigot is against the manners and decorum.

There is nothing good or bad about being a Christian. I'm a non-Christian, does that make me any less American? Does that invalidate my citizenship? No!

And I'd like to once more point out that my points haven't been addressed, as I said a hell of a lot more than my accurate description of your actions.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
Okay, so apparently calling someone who views everyone who is not a member of their group as inferior a bigot is against the manners and decorum.

There is nothing good or bad about being a Christian. I'm a non-Christian, does that make me any less American? Does that invalidate my citizenship? No!

And I'd like to once more point out that my points haven't been addressed, as I said a hell of a lot more than my accurate description of your actions.

oh, but I have the feeling the OP isn't interested in attempting to debate, let alone address points that doesn't fit his mental scheme. I have the feeling he prefers to repeat statements that are so easily being proven utterly wrong. Instead of adjusting his opinions based on facts, he continues to spread the end-product of a bull taking in food (an attempt to avoid automated censorship)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This thread seems to have run its course.

**CLOSED**

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26   >>

join