It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official: Obama is NOT a Christian.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
And you are a christian? Yet you support the "vipers" and "hypocrites" as Jesus called them.
You support the state of Israel. They ARE those vipers and hypocrites.
And even more, you believe Jesus is GOD, yet you support those who killed your God!

WHAT exactly will happen to anyone who doesn't support Israel? What?

Moses CURSED the Jews, David CURSED them, Jesus CURSED them and even GOD CURSED THEM for their wickedness - and YOU want to support them?

God does not support the evildoers.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSR71

Guess that's something we will all find out someday
huh hun
For now I'm betting bo is right there with ya on this on.e

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

"At the end of the Millennium, we will be removed from this earth to the New Jerusalem the Lord has been preparing for us, and from that vantage point, we will witness the greatest fireworks display in history as God envelops this earth in fire, burning away the pollution of Satan's last revolt (2 Peter 3:10-13). Out of that fiery inferno will come new heavens and a new earth where we will live forever in the New Jerusalem in the presence of Almighty God and His Son (Revelation 21:1-7)."

www.lamblion.com... (the link you provided)

Some UFO experts might agree that this sounds like Aliens saving us from a Sun disaster. Claiming that the end times is here because of an Obama speech has just as much credibility as my UFO statement. Have a nice day.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Reply to post by BIGPoJo

Umm.

I was refuting your statement about Israel.

Nice try at deflection, though.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This thread is probably the most stupid here on ATS. Like one member already said religion should not dictate foreign policy.

Firstly Obama calling for a two-state solution on the pre-June 1967 borders is purely symbolic. If he really wanted Israel to withdraw he would cut that $3 billion dollars in miitary aid. He has to appear like he is doing somthing for his liberal fan base.

By calling for a two-state solution on the pre-June 1967 borders America would be adhering by international law as it is inadmisable to acquire territory through war. It is also illegal to transfer civillian population in territory which is being occupied by your military.

Israel is more so a burden to the United States then it is an ally. What does America get in return for fighting Israel wars, for constantly vetoing resolutions for Israel in the security consel and for giving Israel billions in aid?
Here is what the U.S gets- Dead soldiers, Muslims feeling angry at the West forcing them to raicalise and billions in debt which the U.S can't afford. Israel wll be part of the reason for America's colapse.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by BIGPoJo

Umm.

I was refuting your statement about Israel.

Nice try at deflection, though.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Zing! Just kidding. Actually I was not deflecting, I was just replying to your post to comment on how silly this whole thread is.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
"It's Official: I'm Insane!"

That's how your post looks to people who don't let their fear of God rule their lives.

Talk about a misleading subject for a post though... Knocked the ball out of the park on that one. Obama did a good deed in my opinion. Frankly, I wish we'd just sit out the entire middle east problem and let them deal with it on their own.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi
And you are a christian? Yet you support the "vipers" and "hypocrites" as Jesus called them.

He did not call all Jews that. He called the Pharisees vipers and hypocrites.

No, they were the Pharisees, known today as Orthodox Jews.

And even more, you believe Jesus is GOD, yet you support those who killed your God!

No, the Jews, overall, liked Jesus. It was the ruling elite (aka the Pharisees . . . aka . . . the Orthodox Jews (who still, to this day reject him and ridicule people who believe in him)) that killed him.

Matthew 26:4 - Then the chief priests, the scribes, and the elders of the people assembled at the palace of the High Priest, who was called Caiphas, and plotted to take Jesus by trickery and kill Him, "But not during the festival,” they said, “or there may be a riot among the people.”

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I personally have no interest in other people's religion. i don't care if he is Buddhist. I'm not sticking up for him. I would rather almost anyone else in office. I can't understand why people think they have a right to question another persons religions though. Seems stupid. I mean If you beleive your going to heaven. it's not your problem If you view some else as not going there. It's there problem

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It looked pretty obvious to me that he was not Christian. His primary nationality practices Muslim religion. His name is kinda Muslim sounding. But I am not one to judge what religion someone practices. And F.Y.I. nobody said America has to be a Christian nation. But a nation of freedom of religion. As long as the president does his job he can practice what ever religion he wants.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Calm down there, Hitler. That comment was completely unnecessary in relation to the topic at hand here.

As for the whole Obama thing; what does it matter that he's not a Christian? I don't see how him not belonging to one religious denomination makes him an enemy.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

He never said he was a christian, he has said he was born a Muslim somewhere.
And religeon should have nothing to do Government Period, but it does. The public will not vote for anyone that is not religious, not a single politican will ever get elected for any seat in any Parliment in any Country.

Religeon is so entrenched in US Government, that swearing in of the
President requires him Swear to God, Why????
So you can't be President if your NOT born there (except Obama) or if your a Athiest.

Even the Law Courts are entrenched in Religeon. It has changed now, but any witness that would not Honour God would be frowned upon and may not even be allowed to testify due to that Hold your hand on the Bible and swear to God thing. Why????

And some countries even require you state on your religeon on your Driving License, Why????. Are Athiests automatically the driver at fault because they don't believe in religeon.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by Sparky63

What does the Bible say about nations that turn their back on Israel?

What does the bible say about cutting your hair or operating mechanical equipment on the sabbath?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

He never said he was a Christian

President Obama said Tuesday that he is a "Christian by choice" and that his decision was influenced by gospel teachings about salvation and the importance of loving one another.

His mother and the grandparents who helped raised him weren't regular churchgoers, Obama told a group here. But he became a Christian later in life because of the religion's basic principles, he said.

source

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi

WHAT exactly will happen to anyone who doesn't support Israel? What?

Moses CURSED the Jews, David CURSED them, Jesus CURSED them and even GOD CURSED THEM for their wickedness - and YOU want to support them?

God does not support the evildoers.

And Jesus called Gentiles pigs and dogs.

Matthew 7:6

Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Matthew 10:5-8

These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,[a] drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

Mark 7:25-28

For a certain woman, whose young daughter had an unclean spirit, heard of him, and came and fell at his feet: The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter.
But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs.
And she answered and said unto him, Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs.

Lastly he also said this: Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Most telling from Paul, in Ephesians 2:11-13

Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands)— remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

Ephesians 2:19

Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household,

I'm not taking sides on the issue, but the blatant distortion or ignorance of scripture in this thread is driving me crazy.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

Good point. While replies to this came in the form of a variety of distractions irrelevant to your post ("Jesus accused the scribes", "Jesus called gentiles dogs" etc) the fact remains that the jews (read=israelites) were warned of doom by every other OT prophet. And they were driven out of the land, as warned... (hey its bible prophecy, right).

Israel was to be restored by the messiah... NOT via their own effort as happened in 1948. Funnily the jews behind the zionist movement were mostly atheists and marxists. This is NOT legit. The christians infatuated with Israel are deluded that the political "birth" of Israel is "prophecy" coming true.

edit on 20-5-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

So your quotes basically imply that Jesus was sent to a specific group of people.
Jesus himself said that he was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.
I dont know how christians miss these glaring points.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well, apparently TPTB have moved this to the "Rant Forum". Fair enough. I maintain none of my posts made it so. The thread most certainly is "political madness", but oh well.

There was a fair amount of Shillery involved with a fair amount of members unaware of current events.

If we turn our back on Israel, we are done for, take it to the bank.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Well, apparently TPTB have moved this to the "Rant Forum". Fair enough. I maintain none of my posts made it so. The thread most certainly is "political madness", but oh well.

There was a fair amount of Shillery involved with a fair amount of members unaware of current events.

If we turn our back on Israel, we are done for, take it to the bank.

OK, I can agree with that. That should have been the title of your post. Our Marines train with Israeli troops. They have nukes. They also have plenty conflict over there putting them on edge. We are better friends than foes, that's for sure.

I found an interesting read on the Marine training.
Marines to train at new Israeli combat center.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

Sorry, but by labeling me a Christian you're implying I only follow the teaching of Jesus...and this would be an incorrect assumption.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join