It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official: Obama is NOT a Christian.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by rlnochance

I posted the verses earlier but here you go:

Genesis 12:1-4
The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." So Abram left, as the LORD had told him; and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he set out from Haran.

Cherry picking?
I try to answer everybody, it's tough on a quick-moving thread.

Exodus 21:1-4: "If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing. If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he were married, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself."

What were you saying about cherry picking, oh zealous knower of all things moral?

I've read the Bible 4 times now, 4 different versions.

I'm naturally an atheist now.

Maybe you should try reading the Bible instead of listening to all the crap that your preacher chooses to gurgitate for you.

...."Christians"

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
So you know obama personally huh? And know that he isn't a Christian? Oh whats that......oh it's just your opinion sorry I was confused when it said official in the title. Further more why should it matter what religion anyone on this planet is...that # is getting really old in my opinion. We all live on the same damn planet get over it and learn to love one another and help who ever is in need. Until we learn to do what I just said we are doomed to FAIL.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Religious demographics of the US

Christians make up over 70% of the US population.
Atheists/Agnostics make up over 15%
Judaism over 1%
Islam less than 1%
Buddhism less than 1%
Hinduism less than 1%

b27.cc.trincoll.edu...

www.census.gov...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Here is the truth most all of you are motivated by your political and religious beliefs , there for you dont care what the true facts are .You will put down any one who is against your beliefs no matter how true it may be and then you will back it up with Dogma BS and political lies .WAKE UP politicians are all liers and religion is the greatest form of control ever put them together and you have total control .How bout we start making decisions based on the needs of humanity and the good of the people but no instead you all bicker over the BS the feed you and they sit back with all the power and laugh .I am not attacking any religion i believe if you are spiritual and you do not attempt to use that spirituality to hurt or control others ,then you have every right to practice what you believe .I beg everyone to stop think about what is good for humanity as a whole , or i promise you one day someone with evil motives will get a position of power and in the name of religion will commit an act so awfull we may never recover ...The following video says it all ......

www.youtube.com...

From Religulous Bill Maher's documentary
edit on 20-5-2011 by essanance because: You Tube Link Not Working

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

I was accused of cherry picking responses by another member.

As I have stated already, I have read the Bible, obviously I had a Christian upbringing (big surprise!)

Four times is quite a feat, one I will never achieve...very, very difficult read.

I am positive of my interpretation though, nations that turn their back on Israel (in the end times) will be punished by God.

If Obama was a Christian, he would understand this.

Oh, and as far as my Preacher goes, I haven't been inside of a Church in probably 4 years. Church has nothing to do with being saved IMO...

Now, if you don't believe we are currently seeing the End Times (not this silly Rapture business), this thread will not make one lick of sense to you.

edit on 20-5-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by TheLogicalist

Can you prove to me he's a Christian?

Although after reviewing a full clip of the video, I will admit that I was too quick to post that video. Its seems to me that hes was "bigging up" McCain for not calling him a Muslim. To be honest I couldn't care what faith he was.

ALS

He has Judeo/Christian values but nobody with a 3 digit IQ these days is a Christian or a Muslim. The God of Abraham is an evil scoundrel.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

"Now, if you don't believe we are currently seeing the End Times (not this silly Rapture business), this thread will not make one lick of sense to you."

So you no doubt have proof of that claim right?

OR is that another opinion there is a difference you know..

Horrible things have always happened through out history wanna know why you hear about it a lot more these days?? It's called TV.
edit on 20-5-2011 by AmerikanDekline because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'd repost the Treaty of Tripoli quote that says verbatim that the "United States is in no way founded on the Christian religion", but I'd hope for the sake of ATS that it has already been posted in here.

1) Who cares if Obama is not a Christian?

2) There is a Constitutionally protected defense against a religious litmus test for holding public office.

Your belief that our President must be a Christian is anti-American and would sicken our founding fathers, some of whom were NOT Christian in the least. Please educate yourself on American history, and not through Michele Bachmann, Glenn Beck, and Rick Santorum.

It's sad that to our far right friends, the Constitution is only something to be upheld when it's convenient for them.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

As I have stated already, I have read the Bible, obviously I had a Christian upbringing (big surprise!)

Four times is quite a feat, one I will never achieve...very, very difficult read.

I am positive of my interpretation though, nations that turn their back on Israel (in the end times) will be punished by God.

Now, if you don't believe we are currently seeing the End Times (not this silly Rapture business), this thread will not make one lick of sense to you.

I won't turn my back on Israel simply because Muslims suck a whole lot more than Jews. I do actively oppose the evil God of Abraham and seek his total destruction and if that means exterminating his most virulent followers that too would be a great pleasure.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AmerikanDekline

If you are oblivious to the current things happening in the world today, or you feel no corelation between current events and the Bible, no amount of "proof" will be sufficient.

Again, the thread is about Obama telling the world he was a Christian. He can't be! Christians understand our relationship with the Jewish people...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MedicalHolocaust

I won't turn my back on Israel simply because Muslims suck a whole lot more than Jews. I do actively oppose the evil God of Abraham and seek his total destruction and if that means exterminating his most virulent followers that too would be a great pleasure.

Well aren't you just an adorable little potential global criminal.

Hate logic. Awesome.
edit on 20-5-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05

Your belief that our President must be a Christian is anti-American and would sicken our founding fathers.

Please link where I have stated this.

Obama TOLD us he was a Christian. He's not. Another lie. A BIG ONE.

Have you even read this thread?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

reply to post by AmerikanDekline

If you are oblivious to the current things happening in the world today, or you feel no corelation between current events and the Bible, no amount of "proof" will be sufficient.

Again, the thread is about Obama telling the world he was a Christian. He can't be! Christians understand our relationship with the Jewish people...

Well how about the fact that I am aware of "current things in the world today" and I can honestly say that you are rediculous.

As far as GOD punishing us? Are you so blind to not know that Muslims, Jews, and Christians HAVE THE SAME GOD?

What is more likely?

He punishes us for fighting like three year olds over land

or

He punishes us for NOT FIGHTING AND FORCING A PEACE AGREEMENT.

Hmm let me think....

Your theory is not only wrong, but it completely lacks any common sense.

Our history with Israel goes back to WWII and they need to be just as responsible for peace in the region as the palestinians.

GOD wont punish us, but your lack of reason is punishing me.
edit on 20-5-2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
How is it a big lie?

Sometimes you have to trick idiotic Christian enthusiasts into looking past nonsensical crap like that..

What you SHOULD be looking at in shame is WHY he had to CLAIM to be christian just to get elected? I think that is a much larger problem.
edit on 20-5-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

replied to wrong person please delete

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Wow. Umm, no.

*Anyone practising or born into Judaism is, by the Torah, a Jew.

*It is a reference to the Catholic church and the Protestant church's who claim to be Jewish (following Jesus) but don't.

iamthewitness.com...

Way to spout off typical centuries old anti-jewish propaganda.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

"Again, the thread is about Obama telling the world he was a Christian. He can't be! Christians understand our relationship with the Jewish people..."

Actually he can be. What you are doing is stating an opinion and telling everyone it's a fact. Then refusing to provide any evidence of your claims.

You see this don't you..?

On a side note have you ever stopped to think that many religions around the world probably actually worship the same God but portray him in a different light because they live in another part of the world and have different cultures. Many religious books from around the world share the same stories. Have you ever looked into anything other than Christianity? Or No?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LexiconV
reply to post by Signals

Which Christian wing are you referring to... the right wing one of intolerance and hate or the left wing that bleeds into ridiculous fairy-tales. Either way the bird is from an era of the past and is consuming the flesh of a peaceful future for humanity. All religions need to be de-feathered, tarred and thrown into an abyss of lost memories. Bring on the individual relationship with the creator, one without the salesman/manipulator in the middle.

Time for the kids out there to get passed the tooth-fairy type characters handed down by the Semitic nomads lost in remote deserts thousands of years ago.

Sh!t happens whether we are on this planet or not, If anything we make it worse for the creatures who share this world... perhaps they are the 'meek ones' who will eventually inherit the earth. That would be an obvious conclusion for a the last nomad dying in the desert. He goes back into the food chain as vulture dung.

That's a pretty fair post I think and deserves more stars than it has.
There's no middle-path anymore, just the extreme's of either bunch of clowns who seem to of gotten too much power and control in the governments of the world...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Blue Beam Project

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

"If you are oblivious to the current things happening in the world today, or you feel no corelation between current events and the Bible, no amount of "proof" will be sufficient. "

You do realize that far worst things have happened through the lifespan of our planet? Is it different now because humans are involved are we special?

I just want to understand your viewpoint...you apparently think we are in the end times..Is this right?

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join