It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official: Obama is NOT a Christian.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Isn't Israel a Jewish state? Just how are yesterday's statements being misconstrued to say Obama's not a Christian?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther9111776
religion should not dictate national policy

There's really not much more to say...

I consider my self a follower of Jesus's teachings (although I won't label myself a Christian because of all the other implications that come along with that name), and yet I believe we have absolutely NO business poking our nose into the Israel/Palestine affairs, or continuing to spend over $100 billion annually on foreign aid.

I think Obama's stance on Israel is wrong as well, but only because he is saying anything about it at all; rather than focusing his attention on our own national concerns as we continue to exceed the $14 trillion debt ceiling and plunge ourselves further toward an economic collapse.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Who cares...get over it already!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigdaddy7ftr
I consider my self a follower of Jesus's teachings (although I won't label myself a Christian because of all the other implications that come along with that name)

A follower of Jesus is a Christian. Christian comes from Christ who is Jesus.

Doesn't really matter if you refuse the label because some Christians screwed up the meaning.

I mean call yourself "ma-ma-kaka-koony" for all I care, but at the end of the day you are still Christian if you are a follower of Jesus.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The fact that my 15 minutes of fame has extended a little longer than 15 minutes is somewhat surprising to me and completely baffling to my wife.
Barack Obama

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by rlnochance

I posted the verses earlier but here you go:

Genesis 12:1-4
The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." So Abram left, as the LORD had told him; and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he set out from Haran.

Cherry picking?
I try to answer everybody, it's tough on a quick-moving thread.

Hmmm ..Maybe you should folow Abraham ..go to Isreal go help the Christians spread the word over there I'd bet you would be great at it. Hell ya never know you may love it

edit on 20-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: added a smiley for you

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Wow, I find this thread and many posts religiously discriminating. I'm a pagan, and my God(esse)s don't tell me to kill anyone who doesn't believe in them, they want us to UNDERSTAND other views and RESPECT them. The union of Church and State ended with many, many years ago, why is this even an issue? How dare you focus on religion as a catalyst... wouldn't it be more productive to focus on how your elected leader is doing his job as outlined?
For the record, once everyone in the world was Pagan, until a human wrote a book called a bible. It is said that man made god in his own image, and I find any blood-thirsty war-monger god is more human than you'd like to realize.

I am disgusted that ATS is like this.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

but at the end of the day you are still Christian if you are a follower of Jesus.

That would surely depend on which jesus

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by goldentorch

First it's my avatar...now it's my signature.

You people have got to do better than that.

Quoting your signature (which was meant to be slightly tongue in cheek by the way), gave you an easy out. As well as berating me for quoting your signature could you not have attempted to answer any of the issues raised. If we are to decide international issues and disputes by interpretations of a discredited, in many peoples corrupt book. Even if it wasn't such a forgery ie; many many different authors questionable chronology and the fact it is a mish mash and plagiarism of earlier belief systems, it would still not be the way of settling or any countries response to international disputes. Your way is the way of Imperialists, bigots, racists throughout the aeons.
You are not responding to any of the issues raised.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Reply to post by rlnochance

Quite literally, if you are blessing the Jews, you are blessing Israel, which goes down the line to Abraham.

So in effect, you are blessing Abraham by blessing his descendants.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Not official at all. There are many divisions of Christianity that don't all believe in the same things. I mean, just look at all the May 21st'ers. The Bible says that no mortal can know the date of the Rapture until it's already occurred, yet millions of Christians in the US alone believe that tomorrow is the end-date just because some dude told them that it is.
edit on 5/20/2011 by banandar123 because: Clarification

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Reply to post by Spirit Warrior 11:11

So by saying he did not come to abolish the law, he …abolished the law?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
How anyone can support Palestine is beyond me how anyone can support what the animals did to this poor family
www.israeltoday.co.il...

Then celebrate by partying in the street afterwards is beyond me, I truly hope the world ends soon I don't think people deserve to live any more it has got out of control and people should be wiped of the face of the earth.

link   
whaaaaa? you dont like obama's 2 state israel/palestine policy so now obama's gotta to be muslim yea?

grow the # up will ya?

if you want our support. if you want our aid. if you want our weapons. tow the line and follow our advise.
that's not asking too much is it.

link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

I'm a masochist because I tend my threads?

Jesus denounced the Old Testament?

Yep, okay.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
reply to post by mudbeed

but at the end of the day you are still Christian if you are a follower of Jesus.

That would surely depend on which jesus

Exactly... if it were this Jesus

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

Your kind comes and goes here daily.

What you do is take a thread, attack the OP, get the OP off track with useless nonesense that adds nothing

nothing

to the discussion.

Nice try but I'm moving on from you now.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Obama is a freemason, of course he isn't Christian, he really worships the Devil

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLogicalist
reply to post by Signals

took one look at the title then your avatar and didn't read.

Here's another example folks...

It's all about my avatar YES focus on his avatar..."He has an Alien for an avatar...He CAN'T be serious or be a Christian!!!"

Pathetic!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Revelation 3:9... " I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. "

I am not religious but that verse has always reminded me of recent and current day Israel. It pretty well sums it right up.

OP, I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish by saying USA should defend the barbaric Israeli government. Any true Christian would surely denounce the actions of most if not all world governments. Obama's religious beliefs do not change the fact that he is a well placed puppet. I could fo on for ever but I will have to cut it short since I am typing on my mobile phone.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join