It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Obama ignores the War Powers Resolution; Turning point in America?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Here we go again. . . .
Oh goody!
So we don't have drones
So a US Admiral isn't in charge
So we're not flying missions. . . .

Good night.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Deadline is nullified as we are out way before the deadline was reached which makes this argument moot.

The point I'm trying to make is that I don't think we actually are out of the way.

From what I understand, we are still making unmanned drone strikes in the country. Unmanned drones would still be considered "armed forces" (unless I am completely mistaken), and therefore would violate the War Powers Resolution.

Operation Odyssey Dawn may have officially ended, but the US military would appear to still be active in Libya.
edit on 20-5-2011 by drwizardphd because: grammar

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Deadline is nullified as we are out way before the deadline was reached which makes this argument moot.

The point I'm trying to make is that I don't think we actually are out of the way.

From what I understand, we are still making unmanned drone strikes in the country. Unmanned drones would still be considered "armed forces" (unless I am completely mistaken), and therefore would violate the War Powers Resolution.

Operation Odyssey Dawn may have officially ended, but the US military would appear to still be active in Libya.
edit on 20-5-2011 by drwizardphd because: grammar

Also the American military does not serve under a foreign entity. Involvement of US personnel and equipment still comes under the war powers act.

At the same time; we have ignored the war powers act for years. Why should we pay attention to it now.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by The Baby Seal Club

As pointed out, Reagan, Clinton did igore it. Does that make it right? Especially with the conflicts in the ME, we should be stirring the pot?

Just because someone violated the law in the past provides NO excuse for anyone to break it in the future.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Just going to interject something I read here,

Several reports have indicated the administration is weighing whether to pause the mission in Libya, only to restart it and presumably reset the 60-day timeline. Or the administration could stop using its drones for attacks. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

The way this is worded kinda closes the case on weather or not we are still active in Libya. Or am I misreading something?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

So the Obama Admin is calling a time out?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well I have read through the last couple of pages and people going rounds that we are no longer militarily active in Libya, well does this article not imply that we still are? Might be the meds tonight perhaps my eyes are playing tricks on me?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

My meds could prolly trump yours. . . .
but
We still have drones flying
We still have fighter planes flying
We still have an Admiral (Navy) in charge of it. . . .

We are there. Whether Obama likes it or not.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

So the Obama Admin is calling a time out?

Be sure to tune in next week for musical chairs and mum ball!!!! Don't forget your nap mat.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well it is now 10:30 PM on the east coast. I see nothing in the news about our troops being withdrawn.

Has anyone got the impeachment proceeding drawn up yet????

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by beezzer

Well it is now 10:30 PM on the east coast. I see nothing in the news about our troops being withdrawn.

Has anyone got the impeachment proceeding drawn up yet????

No.
But I'll bet that Idol parades have been mapped.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I'm just amazed how people like you can ignore Bush's 8 years of incompetency.....

Most of us on ATS think ALL politicians are lower than whale poop. Given all the threads on the 9-11 con job how can you state "People like you"

Remember the Tea party (Beezer is a member, I am not) was formed because many were completely disgusted with the elite puppets we get as candidates - whether DemiRats or reBOOBlicans. The tea party supports Ron Paul who wants to bring our troops home and has been saying so for years.

We have had nothing but traitors in the White House and the District of Columbia for close to a hundred years otherwise the Fed would have been shut down long ago!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

The tea party is just another "republican based" political party being financed by the corporate elite. I would vote for Ron Paul, but what I wish he would do is disenfranchise himself from the Republican party. His views have been in conflict with the republican platform and his own party members have ridiculed him. So why not run as a 3rd party candidate or as an independent? He's a Libertarian so his political views are not shared by neither party.

As for the "people like you" statement, I've read numerous threads attacking and pointing the finger at Obama for the mess this country is in, yet ignoring the fact that Bush's administration started creating policies unprecedented in American politics. Granted Obama is following lock step with these policies, but saying Obama was the turning point in American politics, come on!

These political parties are all guilty for slowly removing our constitutional rights, giving corporations a hand in shaping our laws, and causing our children to be sacrificed in illegal wars for their own secret agendas. Pointing the finger at one and neglecting the person who opened the gates to possibly setting in motion the down fall of this country is to me comparing apples to oranges.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling

I've watched Obama do the total opposite of what his flowery campaign promises claimed he stood for so often I've lost count.

The total opposite?

such as what?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by jam321
Do Drone strikes in Pakistan violate the War Power Act?

Maybe I should ask these six Republicans.

The drone attacks were voted and funds appropriated for, by congress. So it would not be in violation.
But you bring up an interesting point. Would votes for appropriation assume tacit approval for any act? If that is the case, then all Obama has to say is "You voted for defense spending" ergo "you voted for the attacks".

Actually Pakistan government allowed the US to have drone attacks in their country so it's their fault.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by Hessling

I've watched Obama do the total opposite of what his flowery campaign promises claimed he stood for so often I've lost count.

The total opposite?

such as what?

There are a lot of examples to be honest, spread over many different sources. To cut to the chase, I'm going to post a video that gives a general idea of why I made that statement. Hope it gives an idea of where I'm coming from.

Cheers!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join