It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Canadian Votes For Ron Paul

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack
Wrong.

This nations only chance is if our citizens stop being stooges, get off their rumps and actually try to make a different.
The idiots on this website who thinks it's up to a man in a fancy suit to fix everything, is beyond ridiculous.

Do you people even vote for your local mayor? Or even your State governor?
People are supporting Ron Paul just as they were supporting Obama in 08, and they'll falling for the trap again.
As if you honestly believe Ron Paul will get in and do whatever he want, without outside influences.

Smh.

Golden words.
I don't understand people talking about awakening, and believing politician at the same time. Noncence.

Ps. I need to order bumper stickers saying-

-" if you vote, you're an idiot."

edit on 20-5-2011 by Karbofos because: Added sticker idea.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karbofos

Originally posted by DuceizBack
Wrong.

This nations only chance is if our citizens stop being stooges, get off their rumps and actually try to make a different.
The idiots on this website who thinks it's up to a man in a fancy suit to fix everything, is beyond ridiculous.

Do you people even vote for your local mayor? Or even your State governor?
People are supporting Ron Paul just as they were supporting Obama in 08, and they'll falling for the trap again.
As if you honestly believe Ron Paul will get in and do whatever he want, without outside influences.

Smh.

Golden words.
I don't understand people talking about awakening, and believing politician at the same time. Noncence.

Ps. I need to order bumper stickers saying-

-" if you vote, you're an idiot."

edit on 20-5-2011 by Karbofos because: Added sticker idea.

Paul talks less like a politician and more like your everyday informed person!

That is an awakening! Especially in political circles!

Respect,

-AS-

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

The key word is "talks". That's what politicians do.you want to hear it? They will say it.don't want hope'n'change anymore? How about fair taxes and liberty this time?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karbofos

The key word is "talks". That's what politicians do.you want to hear it? They will say it.don't want hope'n'change anymore? How about fair taxes and liberty this time?

Touche my friend

I most certainly cannot argue that point!

Star for you!

Respect,

-AS-

ETA: You must think that if there must be at least one more go-around of elections that Ron Paul's logic is at least SOUND logic no? At least his reputation "appears" to be sincere. I will totally and completely ask for forgiveness if this LAST president fails America. If this man is NOT elected do NOT expect any change for the better!
edit on 20-5-2011 by AeonStorm because: eta

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

No disrespect here, friend, but a lot of people here on the forum, and in the country for some reason manipulated to think what president is actually in charge of anything. For love sake! It's just a guy reading teleprompter! That's it. Nothing more that.
It's like a hat.
And what's going on is people talking-this guy( country)is in the bad shape. He's broke, ill, and falling apart. But we gonna change the hat( president) and guy(country) will change into healthy, rich, composed individual.
Baseball cap didn't work, he still crapping out. It's ok everybody I have Stetson)))

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Karbofos

Yeah, I guess I can understand your view-point. What I do find disheartening is your lack of faith (which may be properly placed!).

I guess I just don't want to believe there is no chance what-so-ever of a possible redemption of America by someone who seems to actually care...

dude, you completely bummed me out.

Star

Respect,

-AS-
edit on 20-5-2011 by AeonStorm because: star + structure

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Well, even for the most pessimistic voter, Mr. Paul at least seems to be pulling his weight in Congress. From documentation on his acts, he is very active in his role, and the US needs more politicians like him, who actually do their job, not smile pretty for the cameras, and kiss babies.

Paul authors more bills than the average representative, such as those that impose term limits, or abolish the income tax[84] or the Federal Reserve; many do not escape committee review. He has written successful legislation to prevent eminent domain seizure of a church in New York, and a bill transferring ownership of the Lake Texana dam project from the federal government to Texas.

By amending other legislation, he has barred funding for national identification numbers, funding for federal teacher certification,[16] International Criminal Court jurisdiction over the U.S. military, American participation in any U.N. global tax, and surveillance on peaceful First Amendment activities by citizens.[85]

In March 2001, Paul introduced a bill to repeal the 1973 War Powers Resolution (WPR) and reinstate the process of formal declaration of war by Congress.[86] Later in 2001, Paul voted to authorize the president, pursuant to WPR, to respond to those responsible for the September 11, 2001, attacks.[87] He also introduced Sunlight Rule legislation, which requires lawmakers to take enough time to read bills before voting on them,[88] after the Patriot Act was passed within 24 hours of its introduction.

Paul was one of six Republicans to vote against the Iraq War Resolution, and (with Oregon representative Peter DeFazio) sponsored a resolution to repeal the war authorization in February 2003. Paul's speech, 35 "Questions That Won't Be Asked About Iraq",[89] was translated and published in German, French, Russian, Italian, and Swiss periodicals before the Iraq War began.[80] Paul says his fellow members of Congress have increased government spending by 75 percent during George W. Bush's administration.[90] After a 2005 bill was touted as "slashing" government waste, Paul wrote that it decreased spending by a fraction of one percent and that "Congress couldn't slash spending if the members' lives depended on it."[91] He said that in three years he had voted against more than 700 bills intended to expand government.[92]

Paul has introduced several bills to apply tax credits toward education, including credits for parental spending on public, private, or homeschool students (Family Education Freedom Act); for salaries for all K–12 teachers, librarians, counselors, and other school personnel; and for donations to scholarships or to benefit academics (Education Improvement Tax Cut Act).[93] In accord with his political positions, he has also introduced the Sanctity of Life Act, the We the People Act, and the American Freedom Agenda Act.[94]

Politics has become Hollywood, all dolled up for the red carpet, people throwing panties, crying and swooning like a bunch of teenage Beiberheads. It's sickening to know that a man with REAL substance will not get in office because he's got wrinkles, and looks like your history teacher. Shame on the shallow voters...

I'd vote for him, if I were a US citizen...you could do worse, and likely will...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join