It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Canadian Votes For Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I am Canadian. In fact, Truly Canadian as we say. This used to be a source of pride. It still is. But it is slowly becoming a source of concern.

I know that this thread will be met with thoughts of "What the hell gives a Canadian the right to weigh in on US Politics?" Well, with the surety of the NAU sneaking up on the citizens of both Countries, I believe I have every right to make my plea because it's going to be just as bad for us common folk on both sides of the border.

And my plea is, please get Obama out and give Ron Paul a chance! There is no way in hell that he can make things any worse than what has happened since the Bush/Obama era but it's a guarantee that Obama will continue to drag a great Nation to the bottom if he's allowed to go on.

Let me start out by saying that I have in my past, been guilty of the anti-American sentiment that can be seen growing everyday around the World. I hated Americans for their "We are #1" and "Kill 'em all-Let God sort 'em out" attitude to anyone that dared to question the American values and agendas of their Government.

Well, not anymore.

I can't justify in myself, the hatred of so many innocent people that are facing a complete and utterly horrifying future that so many of us never could have imagined would happen in our lifetimes. The Fall of Rome...again. After all, it wasn't these people that brought the World to it's current mess.

When I see the signs of increasing property theft of hard working people at the hands of the Banking Cartels, the daily pink slips of employees by the 1,000's, the sons and daughters, fathers and mothers coming home in caskets from far-away lands because of unjust wars that no one wants...I can't hate anymore.

As I witness the slow and deliberate destruction of a Constitution that ANY Nation would be proud of and benefit from, The Monsanto's, BP's, JP's, Fannie May's, Big Pharma's and the never ending list of alphabet organizations (seemingly created daily) like DEA, FBI, CIA, TSA, DHS, FEMA and on to infinity it seems, I can't hate anymore.

Sexual assault of seniors, the disabled and children at airports, increasing Police Brutality on the streets, privacy rights ignored, people encouraged to spy on neighbors, friends and family, kid's lemonade stands being fined for selling in their front yard, organic foods, natural milk and soon to be health food stores, all being outlawed...Scares the %^#$ outta me!

It would be too easy to continue along this line of thought but I think I made my point. To continue would take pages.

Which brings me to my point...Ron Paul.

I will be 48 yrs old soon and have been fortunate enough to witness a lot of good people trying and failing in their run for the Presidency of the US. And yet unfortunately, I have never witnessed anyone truly adding anything of value to the office. Maybe a few that tried but couldn't succeed.

I truly believe that Ron Paul could finally be that man to make a difference...if he is given the chance. It may be too late to put ethics and morals back in the White House but it should at least be given a chance by the US people.

I believe he speaks from an honest and open place. I believe he cares about his Country and doesn't want to see it fall any further. The man BELIEVES in the Constitution and wants it restored before it's too late.

When I see the Elite of America stealing everything they can from the citizens and then realize that this is slowly coming to Canada, I get worried. I worry about the disappearance of MY Free Speech, Property Rights, Food and Water Rights, Jobs, Banks, Police Forces etc, all being mirrored in Canada.

I don't know how many Canadians feel the same way as I do, or how many Americans agree or even disagree but I'll end this with one thing.

If you don't want Ron Paul, we'll take him.
Just like your Obama, we have our Harper. And now that they're sleeping together, it's gonna be a train wreck at the border.

I am asking the American People to do something before it's too late and there is no way back for either Nation. Look at the daily threads on just ATS alone. It is becoming the true measure of the times.

Thanks.

edit on 19-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Oh I want Ron Paul he is our last hope of restoring America.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I hear ya bro, as a fellow Canadian i feel that they need to get Ron Paul in there as President to. With the NAU coming the FEMA Camps will be right behind. I feel that Ron will be able to stabilize the American economy in time. So Ron Paul has my vote too.....not that this means much though

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Gosh, jude, haven't you been paying attention?

All the experts say that Ron Paul is a kook and his ideas will ruin america! What, do you want to go back to the 1830s or something?

Thanks, friend. I agree heartily with you. I'd gladly take anyone with a better shot at the presidency as long as they shared the majority of his views and had anywhere close to his level of consistency and dedication to their beliefs. Right now, though, Ron is once again the only real option here.

Take care - and if I have anything to say about it: Canada can't have Dr. Paul, we're not finished with him yet!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You can put anyone in the big throne but the point is moot when they are surrounded by snakes and thieves. Washington DC is going to suddenly toe the line because a man with good intent is at the helm? Round up the corrupt and the corruptors, eliminate them from their positions of power, maybe then we would stand a chance.

Otherwise its just four more years of bickering between R (Really?) and D (D'oh!).

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It's encouraging to see our neighbors to the north cast support for America's last chance: Dr. Ron Paul.

He really is the last chance we have.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I think it's completely appropriate for a Canadian to have an opinion on who is the president of America since, niext to America, U.S. politics affect Canada and Mexico the most. Obama has been bad for the globe, not just America. And I'm glad to see you've thrown your lot in with us wackos that respect freedom and liberty.

/TOA

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Regardless if this is a Ron Paul support thread or not, but op you have nailed all the concerns I am having about current state of affairs in the govt.

2 party system has failed miserably. Republicans and Democrats all have there head up the wazzoo and nothing is getting done. Its all just a damn circus to entertain the public.

However, i think the damage has been done and voting has no real impact anymore. But regardless i'll vote one last time and that vote goes for Ron Paul.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Being someone who was born and lived in Canada his whole life, I too find myself agreeing with you. If you look at the situation our neighbours are in as a "cancerous tumor," then it will surely spread into all other places of the Earth. In fact, it's already getting up to that point which is why humanity has to react together in this. If Ron Paul can be the cure or at least be able to cause it to regress, which he seems to be, then he obviously would have my vote as well if I were American. Perhaps he could be the true catalyst of change that Obama so horribly failed to be for the US.

Definitely, everyone needs to come together for things like this... it effects us all. I couldn't in good conscious sit up here in and Canada and wipe the sweat off my forehead and lie to myself by saying "Phew! At least it isn't happening to me!" That's a horrible thing to think.

Love conquers all, and unity is also love. What they fear in us is our ability to unite. Don't forget that.
edit on 19/5/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I hope to be rid of the cancerous conservatives witch seemingly want to bring American style corruption to Canada.
Stephen Harper's a no good bum.
Canada formerly known as a peace keeping nation with the help of the conservatives lost that title.Someone should check the stocks he bought before Libya.
As for Ron Paul yes his ideas are radical but Americas problems are huge and I too believe Ron Paul has the answers.
He seems to be the only one with the nuts to speak out against the corruption plaguing you're country.
edit on 19-5-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Ron Paul is Americas only chance, seriously if obama gets in for a second term just stick your heads between your legs and kiss your asses goodbye... it is literally over, if he gets in then kiss america good bye the crap will hit the fan.

Ron Paul for 2012.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Wrong.

This nations only chance is if our citizens stop being stooges, get off their rumps and actually try to make a different.
The idiots on this website who thinks it's up to a man in a fancy suit to fix everything, is beyond ridiculous.

Do you people even vote for your local mayor? Or even your State governor?
People are supporting Ron Paul just as they were supporting Obama in 08, and they'll falling for the trap again.
As if you honestly believe Ron Paul will get in and do whatever he want, without outside influences.

Smh.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

agreed people do need to get of there duffs and do something.I do vote I live in Canada.We have the same problems you have developing here with our new government.The American style war on crime has begun here more jails longer sentences harsher penalties the war on drugs.The war on drugs in the U.S. has been grossly infective. Causing disease and and organized crime groups like the U.S. had during prohibition.The conservatives in Canada want to get rid of safe injection sites witch have been proven in reducing harm to addicts.

Great thread by the way s&f

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by enament
reply to post by DuceizBack

agreed people do need to get of there duffs and do something.I do vote I live in Canada.We have the same problems you have developing here with our new government.The American style war on crime has begun here more jails longer sentences harsher penalties the war on drugs.The war on drugs in the U.S. has been grossly infective. Causing disease and and organized crime groups like the U.S. had during prohibition.The conservatives in Canada want to get rid of safe injection sites witch have been proven in reducing harm to addicts.

Great thread by the way s&f

We do not have the same problems. Our debt is not even a fraction of their debt. We do not do have the stuff America does. We do not have some private corporation printing our money. You have to understand that ANY sort of treatment of crime (jails OR actual correctional institutions using appropriate treatment) is EXTREMELY expensive. I agree with you with the war on drugs but NO other party pledged to deal with this issue.

Obviously I cannot agree with everything the conservatives want to do. But from a completely rational perspective they are at the moment the best choice for the job for Canada, to improve the economy, create jobs and reduce the debt. When these core issues have been addressed we can move on to other issues in terms of importance, or specific groups of individuals. And it would be at this stage, I believe, we need a completely different party to rule, but until then, conservatives is what we need.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsMyName

The royal Canadian mint is a private corporation. Canada does not print its own currency.And as far as our debt the conservatives have spent us into the hole.The liberals balanced the budget when they were in power.Stephen Harper I'm pretty sure is a bilderberg group attendee as well.Yes I agree our debt is not substantial yet.
And if you don't believe me that the government does not print it's own currency take a bill out of you're pocket and read the part that says bank of Canada not government of Canada.
I compare Ron Paul to the N.D.P party. except the N.D.P. are not . as extreme

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack
Wrong.

This nations only chance is if our citizens stop being stooges, get off their rumps and actually try to make a different.
The idiots on this website who thinks it's up to a man in a fancy suit to fix everything, is beyond ridiculous.

Do you people even vote for your local mayor? Or even your State governor?
People are supporting Ron Paul just as they were supporting Obama in 08, and they'll falling for the trap again.
As if you honestly believe Ron Paul will get in and do whatever he want, without outside influences.

Smh.

Thanks,

I understand where you're coming from and it seems that it may be out of frustration due to a lack of a United front with the voters. We have that same problem North and South of the border.

Completely agree.

As stated in my original post, we can be guaranteed that Obama will continue to take all of us down the rabbit hole if elected again. Canada and the US alike.

There is no way to know ahead of time what RP will achieve and that's also true.

But at least with RP, there may be a chance. Just like the Rock Star campaigning of Obama a few years ago, RP is gaining in popularity but it seems there is a slight difference. Obama told the voters what he intended to do while RP is saying what the Nation needs. And that is a return of the Constitution. Small grasp at straws I know. But it's important.

Even Ralph Nader is warning of the approaching NAU. Here's an open letter to Harper from Nader:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So I just truly think that if there is no way RP can make it worse, and he can't...at least give him a chance. Obama has broken every one of his campaign promises. If RP keeps at least 10% true to his path, we at least stand a chance.

Thanks

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I am a 39 year old Canadian

And I couldn't agree more with your original post. I think I've been following Ron Paul since about 2007 and I believe what he talks about. Sound currency, proper foreign policy, development of a stable long term energy policy, and he tells it how it is... you don't get a feeling of "spin" from Ron Paul.

I understand your sentiment towards the "Canadian's shouldn't talk about US politics" crap... I've met that mentality before on forums and I have a simple reply to that... I have many friends and some family in the USA, and some of my Canadian family have properties in both countries and travel frequently between the two doing business.

So why the hell wouldn't I have an opinion and care about the policies of a country that I have family in?

Vote Ron Paul and pray TPTB don't have him killed.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by enament
reply to post by ThisIsMyName

The royal Canadian mint is a private corporation. Canada does not print its own currency.And as far as our debt the conservatives have spent us into the hole.The liberals balanced the budget when they were in power.Stephen Harper I'm pretty sure is a bilderberg group attendee as well.Yes I agree our debt is not substantial yet.
And if you don't believe me that the government does not print it's own currency take a bill out of you're pocket and read the part that says bank of Canada not government of Canada.
I compare Ron Paul to the N.D.P party. except the N.D.P. are not . as extreme

Ok, great, you attacked one hole in my argument, my mistake.

Liberals did not balance the budget they spent us to record debt + they were also corrupt and there was a huge scandal. Of course Harper has spent money to recover the economy but hasn't really dug a hole, it is at a manageable level.

There also is no supporting evidence that the Bilderberg is anything bad. For all we know its just business people planning the future of the economy against the great eastern economies or some other bull#.

NDP would spend us in a hole. Think about the cost of doubling the pension of our quickly rising senior population. Thats 6600$ per senior per year. + All their other promises and their extreme Quebecism practically putting them in line with the Bloc. NDP almost has no relation to Ron Paul. At the end of the day what Canada needs is different from what USA needs.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Here, here Jude11!

I'm a Canadian and I am for Ron Paul!

I know that Ron may turn out to be the cruelest joke of all but he is truly America's last hope to return to a semblance of normalcy!

I implore all of my brethren in the States, take a chance. I wish there was a politician who spoke such logic here in Canada.

SnF

Respect,

-AS-
edit on 20-5-2011 by AeonStorm because: snf

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The next president, if there is one, will have to be kin to all other presidents....If he isn't, well, he want be president of the US...Every president is kin in the US except 1..How he got through, I don't know...Maybe after all he is kin in some way and it was just missed..But, the bloodline has to be there....They must in some way have the blood line of a King or Queen of England.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join