It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Shadow Near Swamp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
How do I explain this....I've never seen this before in my life.

I was out in a boat tonight. The sun had set but it was still light out. I'm looking at the sky and I see this straight up and down shadow coming literally out of the ground in this swamp. It looked like it was about 15ft high, 1 foot wide and very straight. It was very faint and it was not the sky in the background. It was just like a flashlight shooting straight up except it was a faint dark shadow. It was coming from one specific area about 20 ft into the bog from the shoreline. There are no houses around this, nothing foreign could've done this.

I drove back and forth for about 20 mins until it was dark and couldn't see it anymore.

I've lived here for about 10 years now, I'm extremely familiar with the lake/swamp area and I have never in my life witnessed something like that.

First thought was swamp gas, but gas would not come out of the ground in a straight shot like that, it would be wavy and possibly cause a blurred look behind it. I'm completely stumped here. I'm going tomorrow when it's light out to check it out first hand. I would've walked to it but I didn't have my boots with me....and of course since I'm fishing, no camera or cell phone. I'll try to post pics tomorrow if I see it again.

It wasn't my eyes playing tricks on me. I was watching it for about 20 minutes and it was visible only from certain angles but always coming from the same spot.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
You better stay out of your neighbors POT field....He might not recognize you and send something your way you don't want...lol...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Ouch...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I've lived here for about 10 years now, I'm extremely familiar with the lake/swamp area and I have never in my life witnessed something like that.

..and that's a reason i suscribed to this thread.
Please, post more info, if you find/see something more.

btw, i'd like to have location of this place, if it's not a problem.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hmm you said it was really tall and straight?

Maybe it's like the one I saw? I drew a pic of it in the 2nd post of this ats thread.

I am curious if it looked anything like that?

If not, what differences do you notice?

Any further information you have would be appreciated thanks.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by intelinside451

Sounds familiar to the stick people seem in South America and the one near the buildings in Russia(may have been a tree). There's a few ATS threads about these, maybe compare and contrast the other findings. Maybe do a sketch of it, if possible. Though, it being in shadow form is interesting...maybe a stick shadow to say an unformed Shadow person...
Thanks for sharing.

edit on 19-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

My shadow was very faint, light was coming through it. Yours looks more like a solid black shadow. This was also outside which could be explained by light bending or something of the sorts. There were no other odd lights, sounds or motions with this. Just odd black light coming straight out of the ground.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by potential_problem

I'm in Vilas Co. which is in Northern Wisconsin.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The energies change during the sunrise / sunset cycles. My first guess, an entity of some kind coming about.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I've have seen flies group into a tall columns like the one you describe.I usually see it quite often in swamps. Could that be what you seen?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

No this was definitely a shadow of some kind. It was a perfect column. About 10-20ft high and 6in-12in across. I'm going back tomorrow during the day to check it out, then again with a camera tomorrow night. I usually have an answer or at least a good theory to everything in life. This is just really digging at me. I can't even begin to explain what it was or how it was formed.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

I can't seem to find any information on stick people...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
very interesting would like to have seen that with my own eyes sounds interesting.Interested to see how you make out tomorrow

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelinside451
reply to post by potential_problem

I'm in Vilas Co. which is in Northern Wisconsin.

..i just want to look at exact location of that swamp on google maps, and search for some history of that area..this may be not enough.

----
btw, let's stay away from anthropocentrism there guys, as we are not talking about "people" here, imho.
it would limit unnecesary comments about people made of mist, etc..

new topics

top topics

join