It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Emergency Vehicle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
For the last few years I have been taking photos of emergency vehicles of all shapes and sizes. I started taking photos of emergency vehicles back in 2007. However, due to some computer problems, I lost those photos. In 2009, I restarted taking photos of them beginning with my town's Labor Day Parade. Which there were quite a few emergency vehicles that showed up for the parade. Here are a few photos of the vehicles in that parade. The following photos are of Cedar Grove's 1965 Maxim pumper, their 2005 Chevrolet/Horton Type II box ambulance, and their 2008 Pierce Contender pumper.

After the photos of some of Cedar Grove's apparatus. We have Chesapeake Volunteer Fire Department's entire fleet of apparatus. The following photos are of their 1999 HME/Smeal pumper, their 2003 Spartan Metro Star, and their 2006 Ford Expedition.

The following photos are of apparatus from the Racine Volunteer Fire Department in Boone County, West Virginia. First up is their 1994 Freightliner/Allegheny Fire Equipment pumper tanker combination. The second photo is of their 2009 Spartan/Emergency One rescue pumper #482.

This photo was shot in March of last year at South Charleston Fire Department's "Spring Hill Station" station number two.

Yesterday, I went down to Charleston, West Virginia to catch the 2011 West Virginia Public Safety Expo parade that was scheduled to start around 6pm yesterday. Needless to say that I missed the parade considering that traffic was absolutely horrid on the interstate. However, I did not miss getting a few photos of a few trucks after the parade was over. I found these trucks and a couple police cars parked on Clendenin Street next to the Charleston Civic Center where the expo is being held until Sunday.

First up, we have The State of West Virginia's Office of Mine Safety, Health, & Training Command Post Vehicle along with Southern West Virginia University's Mine Rescue team "Task Force One."

Next up is the 130th Airlift Wing, Kanawha County Fire Station #27, and one of thier crash trucks. Not only does the National Guard protect the ANG base. It also provides crash response and medical coverage for Yeager Airport. It also provides fire prevention and automobile extrication to businesses along Keystone Drive and the area of Greenbrier Street outside of the city limits. They also responds to mutual aid requests anywhere in the county when requested for it.

Smithers Volunteer Fire Department, Kanawha County Fire Station #8 and Fayette County Fire Station #6.
Smithers engine number sixty seven.

Alum Creek Volunteer Fire Department, Kanawha County & Lincoln County Fire Station 17, engines 171 and 173. An old Ford C class pumper and a 2005 International Navistar.

Charleston Fire Department, Kanawha County Station #400, engine 4-5-1. This one was recetnly purchased back in Janurary of this year.

Jefferson Volunteer Fire Department, Kanawha County Fire Station #19, tanker 194.

Glasgow Volunteer Fire Department, Kanawha County Fire Station #7, tanker Seventy One.

Healthnet Aeromedical Service's "Critical Care Transport" Ambulance.

Frame Volunteer Fire Department, Kanawha County Fire Station 34, engine 343 and utility 345

Clendenin Volunteer Fire Department, Kanawha County Fire Station #1, engine number eleven.

Pinch Volunteer Fire Department, Kanawha County Fire Station #2, Utility two five.

Buffalo Volunteer Fire Department, Putnam County Fire Station #100, Brush truck #117.

One of the Kanawha County Sheriff Department's Ford Explorers.

Charleston, West Virginia Regional Airport Authority Police.

One of Dunbar Police Departments' Dodge Chargers.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Wow.. really kewl. Why do airport vehicles always look odd, though? Is there some aesthetic standards as play here?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

I have always wondered why airport police units are different myself. I think it is where it is it is governed by the state Port Authority. Plus, even though it is the same paint colors like what Charleston Police has on their cars. The airport police put a different design on the side of their cars to distinguish theirs from Charleston's cars.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
what word starts with F- and ends with -uck

FIRETRUCK

Great thread gimmie I will have to see where my pics from last years parade are.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Honestly........

I almost forgot about having taken this photo a few years ago when I saw it. This is the second oldest fire truck in Kanawha County that is still able to be operated. Marmet Volunteer Fire Department's 1926 Seagraves hose truck.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Thanks so much for sharing these excellent photographs. I too enjoy seeing emergency vehicles as well as special equipment trucks. Their massive size and impeccable cleanliness lend to their awesomeness IMHO. Like most guys, I've loved Firemen since I was a boy. They are modern day Super-Heroes, the real McCoy, helping people even if they have to put themselves in harms way. There are few things like that in our lives. I have big respect for Ambulance volunteers as well; those brave men & women rarely have a happy call, like to assist on a childbirth.

The Police Chargers in my town are dark blue with minimal script on the sides, and it blends with the contours. Their windows are tint black and the emergency lights are hidden on the interior. Vicious looking cars, somewhat 'Mad Max', and they scare the heck out of you when they put on the light show. Very cool.

If you're ever in No.NJ do spend some time in our rural area toward the NY State & PA borders. You will see quite a few very old pumpers & fire rigs parked in unused pastures and on spacious lawns.

Have you thought of backing up your HDD to a second HDD, or to a service that stores them for you? it sucks big time that you lost your earlier images. Hope you have a great Summer getting lots of new pics

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I figured that it was about time that I shot a video of someone responding to a call of some sort. Charleston Fire Department Rescue Co. 1 responding to the alarm for a car accident just up the road from where I was at. I will admit for a short video, you can tell how fast he had that rig going.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I honestly forgot about having these photos online and now I have decided to post these. My father and I were out running errands one day and we just happened to discover a truck from Priority Patient Transport out of Harrisonburg, Virginia. It just so happens to be that my father is a paramedic here in my home county. So I decided to ask the medic crew if I could grab a couple of photos of their ambulance to which they said yes to.

As I had finished taking a photo of the front of the ambulance I had walked to the rear of the truck. At first, I did not notice it right off and it took me a minute or two to realize what exactly it was.
i11.photobucket.com..." border=0>

Now, my father has always called whatever truck he is on a "Cabulance" and that most of the calls he runs are the seekers trying to go to the hospital to get their fix. As I was looking at the back to get a shot of the rear doors I got a good look at the license plate and what it said above the numbers. It was then that I realized that it said "TAXI" in capital letters.
i11.photobucket.com..." border=0>

edit on 2-2-2012 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Cedar Grove's newest truck, Engine Co. 63, that was purchased earlier this year from Pierce Manufacturing through Finley Fire Apparatus out of McConnelsville, Ohio.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Fixing or at least attempting to fix the last two photos from the post before.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Some more photos to add.

This was taken in May of 2013 during the National Train Day celebration that was being held in Huntington, WV. Huntington Fire Department's Tower 1 residing at fire station #1, Huntington's Centennial Fire Station, awaiting its next call of alarm in either downtown, South Side, Guyandotte, or Pea Ridge parts of the city.

While on a three day rail fanning vacation over in southern West Virginia and south central Virginia. I ran into an officer from the Montgomery County Sheriffs Department at a local gas station. So my friend and I asked for and were granted permission to take a few photos of his ride. This is a brand new 2013 Ford Explorer Interceptor bought by the county.

While returning to our hotel room for the night after a successful day of rail fanning between Roanoke and Christiansburg, Virginia. We just happened to stop for gas at the Marathon station in Narrows, Virginia to get some gas and something to eat. As we were walking in, my friend just happened to notice two police cars setting out in the front lot by the doors. Again, after asking for and receiving permission to take a few photos. An older model Crown Vic Interceptor belonging to the Giles County Sheriff and a Dodge Charger belonging to the Narrows Police Department set out in the parking lot in front of Burger King in Narrows.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Great information. Most drivers are familiar with law enforcement vehicles like fire trucks and State Department of Transportation apart from local police and sheriffs and state police.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Hey really cool, thanks for sharing OP. I've always had a thing for emergency vehicles.

new topics

top topics

join