It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims kicked off planes – Islamophobia at a peak?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Everytime I see a post that labels Muslims in a blanket manner, the terrorists who hijacked the religion win. Every time we pass a law that restricts a personal freedom in the name of security, the terrorists win.

The people who say Islam is a religion of hate should take some time to understand it before passing judgment on it. Then they should take some time to read the bible and understand their own religion as well.

Islam, Judaism, Christianity, all of them have done horrible things in the name of God at one point or another, including recently.

Its going to take people who can get over fear and paranoia to progress us forward. The more we fear each other, the more we are going to regress as a people and the higher the body count is going to be. The only way we are going to win as a people is to reject extremism across the board, from Judaism, from Christianity and even from Islam.

I had the unique experience of living in Michigan for some time, and was close to dearborn. This is the largest concentration of arabs in the US. Not once did I ever feel unwlecome, afraid ,out of place, in danger etc. The religious community in this area included religions other than Islam, and at no point have I ever seen any type of religious wars.

What I did see was a Jewish Synagogue put on a yearly event that gave back to the community. When that event fell on a high Jewish Holiday, did they cancel it?

Nope.... Why?

Because the local Mosque and their members volunteered to take over the event so the jewish people could enjoy their holiday. It is now looking like it will be a joint event from that point on, whcih I think is terrific.

As far as the article goes, a line must be drawn in the sand. If passengers on a flight feel uncomfortable with other passengers, they have every right to report, complain etc about it. In the end though, it should be those people who have issues that should be removed from the flight, and not the others.

We have our first amendment rights in this country, which allow us freedom to worship any religion we want. It does not say any releigion except Islam.

Singaling out Islam in this manner does not make us safer...
Singaling out Islam in this manner erodes ALL of our first amendment rights to freedom to worship...

Radicals is to Islam as the KKK is to Christianity.

Holding an entire people / religion accountible for the actions of a radicalized segment is not only ignorant, but a slap in the face to the very fundamentals this country was founded on.

The 1st Amendment guarantees people the right to worship whatever God they choose.
That very same amendment allows people to make uninformed, ignorant comments about other religions.

If anything, we should be making a stand when incidents like this occur. When we are silent when this occurs in our presence, our silence condones the actions.

This is how assinine people look when they make a blanket statement or allow paranoia based on ignorance take control - I highly encourage people to watch this video, keep an open mind, and think about this problem.

edit on 19-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I wasn't suprised when -I opened this thread again to read the comments- and I saw mostly bigotory. I wonder what the general IQ of people on ATS is. I think if all of the ATS members were morphed into one single body we would find the general IQ to be somewhere around 17.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Not exactly shocking this.

In 2006 AND 2007, Security Agents stopped the British MP Shahid Malik, then detained and searched him for explosives at a Washington airport after a meeting with the US Department of Homeland Security.

Now, given he was a known British MP and Minister of State of International Development so would presumably have been well known to US Security services, the TSA people must have selected him based solely on the fact he was a Muslim and ntohing else. To have happened to him twice shows the stunning level of bigotry and racism knocking around.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, Muslims only have their own ilk to blame for the way a great portion of the world views them today. This general paranoia around Islam has been brought upon themselves. It's simply human nature that people be weary of them. It's called self preservation. No one wants to be the next possible victim right. That's what fuels the fear. If more moderates would stand up and speak out against their fanatical brethren publicly, things might slowly change for the better.

IRM

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

It's wierd, because if you replaced the word "Muslim" with "Jew", you'd be called an antisemite and run out of town, no matter how correct you may or may not be. Some people dislike Jews for a variety of reasons, usually because a small number of them seem to control a large amount of wealth and shaft us via the banks, but you wouldn't be able to rag on all Jews because of that.

I could say the same about Christians too. If you take a small sample of nutjob, bible bashers with extreme views and then extrapolate that to EVERY Christian in the world, you'd be called a bigot and an idiot.

Why do you think it is acceptable to do it to Muslims?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Why do you think it is acceptable to do it to Muslims?

It's the rationale of fear... as I explained above... and it's understandable. Jewish people aren't launching terror attacks against the west. Islam is. We are at war with a certain brand of Islam, not Judaism. In that context, the fear is understandable.

IRM

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Originally posted by TheLogicalist
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

As a pilot myself (not a airline pilot),I would never allow a muslim on my plane....ever...

I dont even allow them on my property.

You, my friend, are an IDIOT and a racist one at that,,

If I get censored for that...oh well....I felt it needed to be said.

I believe they should take the pilot and airline for every cent they have,,,,bankrupt them and him...make companies realize that ignorance is not allowed.

After 9/11 you can call me want you want.
I know the following:
It wasn't Bobby, Tiffany, Jamal, who hijacked those planes.

It was the Muhammads, Abduls, Abdullahs and etc in other words it was the MUSLIMS.

It was also the Muslims who celebrated in the streets on 9/11

Now this the part when you or someone else comes in and says:

You are a sheep
It was the Aliens
It was the Government
9/11 was a figment of you imagination
etc some other random BS.

I will reply and say that your argument will be Bull.
edit on 20-5-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
PROFILE PROFILE PROFILE................

It should be MUSLIMS getting groped at airports not regular everyday american 6-7 year old boys and girls, not grandma it should be the MUSLIMS.

If any muslims are offended, prove to me that muslims are not responsible for terrorist attacts in Pakistan, India, Europe and Terror alerts AROUND the WORLD.

Tell me that there is not a video of a 12 year old Muslim beheading a man on the internet.
Tell me there is not a video of children who have been beheaded by Muslims.

Yeah... I rest my case.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Well then what would you say about Americans who also celebrated the death of Osama....I consider them the same thing as both people cheered when their enemies were killed.

So is one OK in your book and the other is disgraceful or were both a sign of idiocy?

So you are willing to blame an entire culture for the few bad ones?

That is just moronic, I can see your a complete moron and there is no talking to someone so ignorant....by the way...I don't know what I think about 9/11...could actually care less..

edit on 20-5-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Well then what would you say about Americans who also celebrated the death of Osama....same thing both people cheered when their enemies were killed.

So Its not okay to cheer when someone who is considered evil to 95% of people outside of one religion is killed.

A person who has killed 3000+ Americans And thousands of people around the world? Who reason is because we are not part of his religion and because we are "infidels".

It's not okay to cheer then?
Sorry that's not the same thing.
Try again

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Sorry that's not the same thing.
Try again

Uhh...yeh it is...both sides considered either side evil.

In the end it was idiots cheering the death of others....to say different is idiotic and hypocritical.

If 95% of the world thought Justin Bieber was God ..would you also follow along like a good little sheep..

I could care less what people thought of Osama...your argument is that every Muslim alive thinks like him and should therefore be treated like crap.

You have no proof of course just a preconceived notion you conjured up...and do not bother showing me YouTube footage to prove a point..because I could also find footage of any radical and claim that all people of that race, religion or affiliation thinks alike....ie radical Christians...show the Phelps family and tell you that all Christians believe what they say. It would be false of course..but in my delusional mind(if I had one)..I would be right..

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Interesting, another set of Muslim Imans were pulled off of planes going to the same conference. This doesn't happen regularly, and it can't be a coincidence.

Could someone have called in anonymous tips of possible terrorist attack being planned.?

That would be my guess.

I hope one day I get to ask a Black American who is a Muslim, why in the world would he choose to be a Muslim considering what Muslims did to Black Africans for centuries. Far, far more Africans were taken out of Africa to be slaves in the Middle East than ever went to the U.S.. In the Americas, you can see the descendents of the former slaves everywhere. Many are celebrities, famous actors, musicians, and athletes. Where are the descendents of slaves in the middle east? All the male slaves were castrated, everything cut off. Female slaves were all sex slaves, and if they had children, probably the boys, snip snip, and the girls of course sex slaves again.

How do you keep that out of your head when you are down on the carpet praying to Mecca?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
oh well when/ or if that next attack by the Muslims blows up a plane or train, or whereever

..It will because people did not profile..

Meanwhile Innocent People and CHILDREN are going to continue basically be molested at security lines because Mr. Barack Obama in the White house want to make friends with violent people. Even though The Muslims killed 3k+ of us and continue to threaten us but they are good people.. Total BS
Even if he did want to profile his "Supporters" will be in a uproar. And we all know Elections mean more then safety these days.

People are trying to be "Politically Correct.."

Good luck with that.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I'm a black american muslim, ask me.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

There are quite a bit of nutjob churchies out there, everyone runs into them on a regular basis, especially the useless pieces of human garbage protesting at U.S. soldiers funerals, I would give 5000$ to be alone in a room with one them for just 10 minutes with a pair of brass knuckles, I think most Americans would. But that's all they are, all talk, full of piss and vinegar preaching to each other thier little stories from thier little great book they love to follow, but hey, to each thier own, it's a free country.

HOWEVER, when was the last time one of these christian nutjobs comitted a major terrorist act in the name of that religion? I think an abortion clinic or two was blown up back in the mid 1990's but that's a far cry from the amount and the scale of terror created by islam and it's followers in the past 20 years. Using the same tired old cliches that all religions are just as bad when it comes to terrorism is pure rubbish, lets stick to modern day numbers and facts.

People have a very good reason to be suspect of muslims boarding aircraft as we are unable to tell what thier true intentions are. None of these so called "moderates" speak out on a regular basis against radical groups and terrorist acts to try and ease tensions people have over islam in North America. If they did so, I would imagine people wouldn't be so suspect and untrusting. It's in peoples nature to be suspecting of a dangerous situation, to want to live and to be able to board a plane and not worry if the guy a couple aisles over is going to pull a jihad with a pair of box cutters. So called "moderates" don't even have the decency to back off on building a mosque mere shouting distance away from ground zero in NY City, what do they expect?

To date there has been 17220 deadly terror attacks in the name of islam since 9/11. White knuckle terror at it's finest, the so called religion of peace, or else!

edit on 21-5-2011 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

PROFILE PROFILE PROFILE................

It should be MUSLIMS getting groped at airports not regular everyday american 6-7 year old boys and girls, not grandma it should be the MUSLIMS.

If any muslims are offended, prove to me that muslims are not responsible for terrorist attacts in Pakistan, India, Europe and Terror alerts AROUND the WORLD.

Tell me that there is not a video of a 12 year old Muslim beheading a man on the internet.
Tell me there is not a video of children who have been beheaded by Muslims.

Yeah... I rest my case.

yes, they should have to prove themselves every day.

too bad. not this, "well don't look at me!" "i didn't do it" "lol" bs.

and what was the cause of this? i haven't seen alot about it.

is it being squashed for the imams?

right there is a conspiracy. poor poor pitiful me.

thought you people can smell a false flag a mile away?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Please do answer.

I am sure that you have been told that Islamic slavery was kinder than what the Europeans carried out, but if take the time to do the research, you will find that is not true.

www.faithfreedom.org...

inthenameofallah.org...&%20African%20Slave%20Trade.html

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Based upon your logic, I should leave Islam because of the fact that ARABS kept African slaves.

1- The African slave trade in Africa was not done because they were Muslim, actually their faith had very little to do with it, that was an Arab thing. You don't see Muslims taking African slaves do you? No, because it has nothing to do with Islam.

2- If that's the case then I couldn't be Christian either because I belief most of the European slave traders who brought us HERE were Christian.

3- If I should leave Islam, I should also leave America because my ancestors were persocuted like HELL.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Um, yes, Islam actively supported slavery. Your chosen prophet Mohammed enthusiastically endorsed slavery, and not only owned slaves, but also actively participated in the conquest of others and the taking of slaves.

Christians, mainly the British who are Protestants and not Catholics who took most of the slaves, also are the people who ended slavery around the globe, not only within their own country but also across Africa and the Middle East, which was the last strong hold for those practicing slavery.

The U.S. is the country that originally established the rights of freedom, and fought a bloody war to end slavery. Claims otherwise are nonsense, read the slave states articles of secession.

You complain about the treatment of your ancestors here in the U.S., but in the Middle East, you would never have been born. They castrated males slaves before bringing them out of Africa. How do you overlook that?

Rather than leave the U.S., you might want to consider some non-Abrahamic religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join