It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims kicked off planes – Islamophobia at a peak?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Muslims kicked off planes – Islamophobia at a peak?

rt.com

One of the latest targets of discrimination is a 61-year-old Imam.
Amin Abdul Latif was recently pulled off an airplane together with his son – also an Imam. Despite having passed through all the security checks the pair was yanked from their flight without explanation.
“I’ve never experienced anything like that before – that level of humiliation and disrespect. Never in my life! As an American citizen, you expect more,” said the Imam.
The irony – the Brooklyn mosque leader was headed to a conference on Islamophobia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Everyday I read the news I tend to become more cynical. Everyday I hear about idiocy like this. Everyday I hear people telling us to fear the scary freedom hating Muslims like they would tell children during the cold war to hate the crazy, blood sucking Reds, like the Germans told Aryans to hate the crazy, immoral Jews and so forth.

Who here actually knew someone on a personal level that has died in America as a result of Islamic terrorism? The answer I can assume is very few.

But, who here knew a soldier on a personal level that died as a result of his government sending him to a foreign country? The answer I can assume will be far larger.

Who here is worried about terrorism not becuase it is endagering our lives but becuase it is allowing TPTB to slowly take away a scared populaces freedom?

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

The new and improved ATS Search feature is very, very useful. I merely entered two words:

'muslim' and 'airplane'....and, know what?:

From May 7th ---- www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Damn that really good. I just copied and pasted the title of the article. Found nothing.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
Everyday I hear about idiocy like this.

Idiocy like this would of prevented 9/11. What you call idiocy, I call vigilance.

Islam is a religion of hate.

Regardless of opinion, the pilot's choice is final. If he doesn't want to fly with a certain person onboard, he doesn't have to.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I have found that in the new "search", less is more. The entire title is too much....but, the key words that are the topic of the story, they will usually work to bring up other threads....

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

....the pilot's choice is final.

Yes...an old joke in the airlines (probably started with mariners....):

Rule #1: The Captain is always right.

Rule #2: If the Captain is wrong, see Rule #1.....

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

This article is about 2 seperate imams. Get it together and quit tryna be a bigshot.

Quote from the article:

Amin Abdul Latif was one of 4 Imams headed to the anti-prejudice conference that day ejected from their flights.

That's 2 seperate incidents dude.
edit on 19-5-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I know this Imam personally, the most radical thing he's ever done is eat salad with no dressing. Really though??

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The captain has the final say on an airplane. Just as he does on a ship. There was a reason he even knew they were on board. How many times have you flown? Did you meet the captain? So it was maybe all the other paying customers? Maybe they were protesting in their own way or maybe these clowns gave them a reason to be afraid. Funny thing is Arab leaders never blow themselves up. They have their women and children do it for them. It was probably the safest plane to be on in the world.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Oh, really????

Have another look. Or, was there another incident, identical to the first one? That somehow only made the news weeks later??

"Russia Today" is NOT a "news" organization...propaganda, and junk.

Occam's Razor is at work, here.

Checking names, now.

I still say that "RT" is junk, and usually designed to spin in any anti-USA way it can.

edit on Thu 19 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
Everyday I hear about idiocy like this.

Idiocy like this would of prevented 9/11. What you call idiocy, I call vigilance.

Islam is a religion of hate.

Regardless of opinion, the pilot's choice is final. If he doesn't want to fly with a certain person onboard, he doesn't have to.
What you call vigilance, I call ignorance.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

These 2 Imams aren't Arab, they're Black. Try again..

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

lol there is names in both of the SEPERATE articles, and I KNOW this Imam and have spoken to him since it happened. 4 Imams were pulled from 2 seperate flights that same day!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

As a pilot myself (not a airline pilot),I would never allow a muslim on my plane....ever...

I dont even allow them on my property.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLogicalist

Lovely.......

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

So....Latif was not on Atlantic Southeast Airlines flight 5224? In N. Carolina?

Well....if you say. Still, when the passengers are the ones who raise the alert, what else can be done? Tough position....

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

You're speculating because nowhere in the article does it say that passengers raised alert.

Imam Abdul-Latif was flying out of La Guardia headed to North Carolina, and was pulled off at La Guardia.

Here's a better and more reputable news story for you buddy.

Charolette Observer
edit on 19-5-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLogicalist

As a pilot myself (not a airline pilot),I would never allow a muslim on my plane....ever...

I dont even allow them on my property.

You, my friend, are an IDIOT and a racist one at that,,

If I get censored for that...oh well....I felt it needed to be said.

I believe they should take the pilot and airline for every cent they have,,,,bankrupt them and him...make companies realize that ignorance is not allowed.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

He seems to think planes get blown up daily by muslims who are OVBIOUSLY muslim.. What a fool. If anybody were trying to bomb a plane, I think they would get on the plane as inconspicuous as possible. Not wearing a kifu (cap) and thobe (robe)...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join