It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Airlines Ad at Ground Zero Called Inappropriate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

United Airlines Ad at Ground Zero Called Inappropriate

www.nbcnewyork.com

A United Airlines ad across the street from ground zero that reads "You're going to like where we land" has some New Yorkers saying the sign is insensitive because it is so close to where United Flight 175 struck the south tower on 9/11.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Ignorant. Tacky. Id spell out some curse words if it were possible, but Im sure it offend somebody somehow. This is really a disgrace to be honest. Im sure that these signs arent only around Ground Zero and are placed alot of other places but you know that the guy that put it up had some reservations doing so. I wonder how long it will be up.

www.nbcnewyork.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

I dunno, so does this mean restaurants in certain German cities can't put up billboards saying "you'll love what we're cooking up"?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

They are free to put up whatever they want, where they want. Doesnt mean people have to like it. I was just posting my thoughts on the article that was written. If I lived in New York and had to see that everyday Id be a little peeved as well.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
10+ years later.. Its an ad campaign that most likely didnt take placement into account. Its not meant to be insesative in the least.

At what point do we move on? We must never forget what occured, but we cant be held hostage to the past either.
edit on 19-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

At what point do we move on? We must never forget what occured, but we cant be held hostage to the past either.
edit on 19-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

for real though. time to move on already. this is starting to remind of the southerners that cling to the civil war bullcrap after all these years. it's only upsetting and offensive if you let it be.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I agree that we can't hold on to the past too much, but I feel like someone, at some point in the placement of the ad, should have thought about how insensitive it could be. I'm sure the families of the victims would agree.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I love it. Someone involved in ad placement just got fired. Lol.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Sorry, I wasn't trying to seem offensive to you, just giving my opinion, (in a very obscure way) on the whole "issue".

join