It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel rejects total pullback to 1967 borders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

TEL AVIV (Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu headed for talks in Washington on Friday saying that U.S. President Barack Obama's vision of a Palestinian state on the borders of 1967 could leave Israel "indefensible."

"The viability of a Palestinian state cannot come at the expense of Israel's existence," he said in a statement before flying to the United States for scheduled talks with Obama.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

No surprise here.

Only way to truly enforce this, as a friend of mine mentioned in the other thread I made...
Cut all funding to Israel.

However, Obama would kiss 2012 goodbye if he did that.

How do either of these men sleep at night?
edit on 19-5-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If he doesn't tie funding to it, he's just blowing hot air - just like all our other presidents.
Business as usual.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

to be honest, i dont much care for either side in this. but i would rather see the jews come out on top then the palestinians. but either way, im sure we gonna give one side or the other aid if not both.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by unbanable123

It's a sad state of affairs if people truly think that Israel should come out on top in this situation. Israel has been encroaching on the Palestinians ever since the 1967 treaty and have gained over 200% more land than they started with. Where do you think all those Palestinians go. They get booted from their homes and their lives destroyed. Sounds like Israel is the conqueror to me.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Good for Israel....they should never kow-tow to obama or his masters

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
What a waste of U.S. resources if Israel just gave all that land back that they bullied Palestine for.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Good for Israel. Does no one remember how these wars started? The Arabs attacked Israel. Israel kicked there ass. Do you know how the so called Palestinians became refugees? When Israel first formed, all of her neighbors ganged up on her and tried to destroy her. The Arabs were so sure of their victory that they told the "palestinians" to leave "temporarily" so they would not accidentally get hurt whilst they eradicated the Jews. These people left their homes but the Jews won the war. Do you know why they remain in refugee camps after 60 years? Because their islamic brethren need them to live in the camps to show how evil the Israelis are. They refuse to allow them the chance to have lives in the countries where they currently reside. They do little to nothing to alleviate their poor living conditions after 60 YEARS! Isn't charity one of the "pillars of Islam"? This situation continues due to arabic/islamic inaction. They want to eradicate the Israelis, they will never agree to live in peace with the Israelis.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Good for Israel. Does no one remember how these wars started? The Arabs attacked Israel. Israel kicked there ass. Do you know how the so called Palestinians became refugees? When Israel first formed, all of her neighbors ganged up on her and tried to destroy her. The Arabs were so sure of their victory that they told the "palestinians" to leave "temporarily" so they would not accidentally get hurt whilst they eradicated the Jews. These people left their homes but the Jews won the war. Do you know why they remain in refugee camps after 60 years? Because their islamic brethren need them to live in the camps to show how evil the Israelis are. They refuse to allow them the chance to have lives in the countries where they currently reside. They do little to nothing to alleviate their poor living conditions after 60 YEARS! Isn't charity one of the "pillars of Islam"? This situation continues due to arabic/islamic inaction. They want to eradicate the Israelis, they will never agree to live in peace with the Israelis.

Wait! Wait! Please start your history lesson earlier, say, in 1947 or so. It gives an entirely different perspective on the situation, don't you think?

This should become a national chant: CUT THE FUNDING!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
people...this is an act...there needs to be seen in the public eye a sort of row between the two to show that they aren't working an ongoing conspiracy together, countries that is, their leaders are for just that, the public eye.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Let's go back to the Balfour Declaration of 1917.

His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.

Or how about the "original land for peace deal" where 3/4 of "Palestine" was given to the Arab Palestinians with the understanding that the rest would go to the Jews. According to Sir Alec Kirkbride, the British representative in the area, Transjordan was intended to serve as a reserve of land for use in the resettlement of Arabs once the National Home for the Jews in Palestine, which [Britain was] pledged to support, became an accomplished fact.

The 1922 White Paper (also called the Churchill White Paper) was the first official manifesto interpreting the Balfour Declaration. It was issued on June 3, 1922, after investigation of the 1921 disturbances. Although the White Paper stated that the Balfour Declaration could not be amended and that the Jews were in Palestine by right, it partitioned the area of the Mandate by excluding the area east of the Jordan River from Jewish settlement. That land, 76% of the original Palestine Mandate land, was renamed Transjordan and was given to the Emir Abdullah by the British.

Let's go back even further, 2,000 years.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

No, the palestinians are not choosing to live like prisoners as a sick joke to make Israel look bad, they are stuck that way because they are the outcasts of the world. Egypt is hopefully letting some in after the recent rebellions, but Israel is not helping their situation much. They are not a violent people, but they are framed for many attacks like the rockets, the small faction of terrorists in palestine, most assuredly government run to begin with, do not speak for all 1.5 million people. How would you feel if an American dressed up like a Jew, snuck into a concentration camp in 1945, and made a terrorist act, and then 6 million Jews were branded as terrorists? Not very nice.
edit on 19-5-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Israel is doing what it needs to do to survive...one of mr o's mandates was to sever the US/Israel tie so they could be eradicated...and hes doing it....all that palestine cr*p is just that..cr*p...an excuse

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

I believe you are exactly right. It is happening as part of the set up for the coming war predicted by Ezekiel. Israel has been abandoned by her traditional friends. Tarshish is believed by most to be England and the "young lions" would be America, Canada, Australia etc....

Ezekiel 38
8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land [that is] brought back from the sword, [and is] gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them

14 Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know [it]?

15 And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army:

16 And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.

Ezekiel 38:13
Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I sawy let em do what they want. They won the wars...to the victor goes the spoils.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Wait! Wait! Please start your history lesson earlier, say, in 1947 or so. It gives an entirely different perspective on the situation, don't you think?

How about you start your history lesson earlier, say around 1100 B.C. I'm not sure if this is "ATS legal" or not, but here's my post on another thread about this statement by Obama. Actual research and knowledge of history is paramount to any discussion on this area:

Palestine. Palestine. Is this about Philistia? That region on the coast of the Mediterranean that was populated by Myceneans? Yeah the Romans named it "Palestine" because, as Romans usually did, they renamed a place according to Greek nomenclature as a matter of course. "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's", which was everything in his path!

This current "Palestine" place doesn't really exist because it was swallowed by Nebuchadnezzar II around 600 B.C. The people that call themselves Palestinians are mostly Arabs and Jordanians that moved into the area after the Israelites were forcefully removed from the Kingdom of Israel in 70 A.D. (the Diaspora).

Interestingly enough, one of the leaders of the Palestinian Liberation Organization, Zuheir Muhsein, proclaimed in 1977 that Palestine didn't exist, except as a way to maintain the "struggle" between Arabs and Israel:

The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct "Palestinian people" to oppose Zionism.

For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa, while as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan.

I hate quoting Wikipedia, but it's the least biased of the sites where one can find this statement.

While I am somewhat pro-Israel, I am 100% pro-historical accuracy. This site is about denying ignorance, and the existence of Palestine is one of the topics that people seem to not want to learn their history about. They like what's spoon-fed to them by anti-Semites, Zionists, Arab propagandists or what have you.

/TOA
edit on 19-5-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Israel and Hamas both are in violation of UN Resolution 242, which ended the 6 day war.

Israel was told to pull out of territory captured, and Arabs were told to recognize Israel.

See the problem?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
Good for Israel....they should never kow-tow to obama or his masters

Atleast now Israel now knows how the Serbian people felt after world war II, and World War I, the serbian people were betrayed by the same american government that bombed the, the serbs even backed down Joseph Stalin offer of sending more russian troops in Yugoslavia.

I Guess some alliances are nothing more then tactically maneuvers.

edit on 19-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

top topics

join