It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel approves 1,500 settler homes in east Jerusalem following Obama's speech

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Ain't that a riot? Now of course Obama will not cut foreign aid to Israel... his ``return to 1967 borders`` is just talk, empty talk. He ain't got the balls to stand up to the zionist lobby... like every other US president since Israel's creation.

Israel approves 1,500 settler homes in east Jerusalem: NGO

An Israeli government committee on Thursday approved the construction of more than 1,500 settler homes in east Jerusalem, as Israel's premier prepared to leave for talks in Washington, an NGO told AFP.

A spokeswoman for the Ir Amim non-governmental organisation, which calls for Palestinians and Israelis to share Jerusalem, confirmed the interior ministry planning committee gave final approval for two projects.

The decision authorised construction of 620 homes in the settlement neighbourhood of Pisgat Zeev, and another 900 in a second settlement neighbourhood, Har Homa.

And more ``silent annexation`` of East Jerusalem.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
like i've said before and will continue to say...Obama is all talk...and he'll always bend over for israel and that's a guarantee

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Sitting here in the big old US of A where my state is bigger than England, Wales, and Scotland combined, but with about a tenth of the population, it's easy to read these newspaper reports about "settlements" and think they are across the mountains or way out in some Palestinian-inhabited and separate area that is easily defined.

Do me a favor. Go outside the door to your house or apartment, condo, tent, whatever, and look across the street. See that new house going up across the street? That's the "settlement" and that's the physical scale we're tallking about here. Most "settlements" are smaller than your average mall.

Jersusalem sits out in the middle of the desert. There's a freeway just to the the south of Jerusalem that goes to Jordan a few short miles to the East and Tel Aviv a few short miles to the West. The next hill is Bethlehem in Palestinian Controlled territory. Want to go to Jericho (that's Palestinian.) You can bike or walk there easily. It's about sixteen or seventeen miles from Jerusalem. Want to go from the Muslim Quarter of Jeruslame to the Jewish Quarter? Step around a corner. One foot can be in one while the other foot is in the other.

here's one that really blew me away. i;d always heard of the "Golan Heights" and how Syria bombarded Israeli cities from these "heights." I saw the exact place where the Syrian artillery was staged. You walk out of the Israeli city, across a two lane road, and up a small hill that may ne 20 or 30 feet high. That's the Golan Heights.

The point here is that we in the West go about dictating what Israel should do and we have no friggin' idea what the issues are, what the scale is, or what is workable in this situation.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Do the "Palestinians" have the money or equipment to set-up and build 1,500 homes anywhere?...

edit on 19-5-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Do the "Palestinians" have the money or equipment to set-up and build 1,500 homes anywhere?...

edit on 19-5-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

Not sure what you mean by that.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

If I am to understand you correctly, and please correct me if I am misinterpreting you, your saying if a settlement built on your land is no bigger than a Mall you put up with it?

What if it takes the majority of your water supply?

What if you are abused physically & verbally by the residents who naturally see themselves as superior to you?

What would YOU do?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This video will give you all a better insight into the settlements.

Israel has put 300,000 people in these settlements with there lovely swimming pools,there are about 120 of these settlement's...some of them are massive,almost mini cities...they built these settlements on stolen land.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The Israeli government is neo fascist and vindictive. I have been there many, many times. The world will be a much better place without Zionists and even the average Israeli knows it. There are two Israels, the one and people of Jerusalem and the "settlements" and everyone else. Go to Tel Aviv, see beautiful people living well, friendly and happy and industrious. Those pepople -- the majority of Israelis, wish for a secular society and state (Not the abomination they have now that is reflexively vicious, institutionally distrustful and spiteful and vicious to the core for the most slight provokation. It is a high irony that Israel has come to be the oppressor considering the intolerance and hate that caused their very tragic demise in Europe). Go to Jerusalem and the scene changes; there it is all about the religion of Judaism first and last. Everyone is dressed in Orthodox garb. They are not Israelis in my mind, they are Zionists.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I support the destruction of the settlements by the Arabs or anyone else. As it is, the Orthodox in Jerusalem are conducting a public ethnic cleansing, by forcing out Arabs from every corner through financial abuse, literal threats to the Arab children and general harassment. Many Jews there will tell you straightup that Jerusalem MUST be rid of Arabs, period.

Unfortunately for the secular Israeli (who is actually the majority of the population...must more secular than Americans), the Israeli government is controlled by the ultra right wing, (not unlike here) and that group believes its God-given destiny is to have all the lands. The ONLY way they can ever be removed is by violence and this will be the cause of the ulitmate destruction of the nation of Israel. Other countries will be destroyed too, but mark my words, the Israel of today will cease to exist and it is because of their own actions.

By the way, I see parallels here. Like Israelis, Americans are becoming LESS educated and more superstitious. The cult-like hard right breeds at a pace outstripping the moderates and the left. Like the hard right, the Orthodox are blood thirsty, warring and have a religiously spawned psychosis that leads them to conflict after conflict.
edit on 19-5-2011 by pajoly because: choice of words

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Of course Israel AGREED by signing the Oslo accord NOT to build any more settlements but then when did Israel honor any of their agreements?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
Of course Israel AGREED by signing the Oslo accord NOT to build any more settlements but then when did Israel honor any of their agreements?

Well, you can thank the al-Aqsa Intifada for that, I mean, "acts of resistance against the occupiers".

People are less inclined to work with others when others would rather walk past your graves.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

They are building on land already settled by Jews. They are not building new settlements; merely building houses on land already controlled by Israel.

No Arab houses are being destroyed..

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

On stolen land? You mean, Judea and Samaria, the land Jordan renamed 'the west bank' ie; referring to the western bank of the Jordan (and whats the utility in retaining the name, other then continuing the perception that this land isnt historically Jewish) river, when they took control of Judea/Samaria after the '48 war???

This land has always been known as Judea and Samaria, so lets not play games. Youre basically saying "judea" - which bears the name of the Jews, rightfully belongs to the Arabs.

And that is a pitifully weak argument.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
like i've said before and will continue to say...Obama is all talk...and he'll always bend over for israel and that's a guarantee

fact is all his speech did was help Israel step up its occupation.

edit on 22-5-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
So basically....that crooked politician 'Prime Minister' of Yisro'el 'Nuttin'Honey' (aka: Ne-TAN-ya-hu) has extended his fat 'middle finger' (as the Americans say) right into the face of the sitting President of the United States, basically saying, 'Thanks for giving your back to pre-1967 borders speech. Now you can just go and screw off - we Yisro'elis will do exactly as we please - as we always have ..oh but before you go.. you better make sure the US taxpayer cheque to Yisro'el is on time this month - otherwise our AIPAC will sick the New York Crowd on you...and you won't like it much...'

Charming...I say, make the Yisro'elis withdraw to their original pre-1967 borders (in accordance with past and passed UN Resolutions) or....cut off US aid to Eretz Yisro'el.

But I seriously doubt Obama has the intestinal fortitude to go up against Nuttin'Honey or AIPAC at this particular juncture - there's waaaay too much money and potentially damaging press-coverage involved - especially if Obama really wants to run for re-election...

Does Obama really think the rest of the world is NOT going to notice the stab in the back that the Prime Minister of that tiny little froward nation just gave him (and by extension, to all US citizens) - and NOT notice that he's going to (again !) allow them to get away with it?

I mean, seriously folks, that tiny 'little abortion' (to quote Norman Finklestein) is barely the size of the state of Delaware...and Obama acts like we're afraid of them...

Maybe the Yisro'elis have all the pictures of where the bodies are hidden...in other words, the Dirt on Obama...

Sure makes you wonder how they could be so brazen, when we send these ingrates all that hard earned American Ca$h every month - and on time too...!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

Youre so full of theories, arent you......

Where abouts in San Fran do you live?? have you attended the grove?

Whys it such a massive deal whether Israel builds 1500 houses on their own land?

Why are you always trying to provoke Israel hatred? Why do you mock Jews by saying "Eretz Yisrael"
..Whats the point in that? youve already made it perfectly clear youre against the state, yet you refer to it in the manner of a religious Jew - as if to mock them... why?

If Anyone here has a working brain, and if they understand the nature of your polemics against Israel, and a bunch of seemingly inconsequential pieces of information (like your name, your being from the most liberal/pagan city on earth) they would see beneath the lines and get that youre just trying to incite Israel/Jew hatred.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Hi Don't

The United Nations (the 'goyim') granted pre 1967 land to these people. Let them stay within what the gentiles gave them back in 1947 and no more...

Clear? Rule of Law? Huh?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

Well...that would have been the case if the Arav Goyim didnt decide to attack Israel unprovoked...

Egypt and Jordan took a gamble. Egypt was given back the sinai (an area larger then Israel proper) out of 'good faith' for a promise of peace....Which apparently has runned out with Mubarak gone. So Egypt gets to keep the sinai, but Israel not their promise of peace..... Fair deal eh? A 'scouts honor' vs. a 60,000 square km piece of land (which reminds me, back in '53, there were proposals thay would have solved this issue. Relocate the 700,000 displaced palestinians to the Sinai.... Just as Israel was barren and desolate before the Jews arrived, as Mark Twain descrbied Palestine in his 1869 book 'the innocents abroad'... But for some odd, inexplicable reason, the Arabs and Europeans, and even the israelis snuffed this suggestion, so too could the Sinai be transformed into fertile land)

But Jordan made a mistake attacking Israel. They lost the land of Judea and Samaria - the Jewish peoples ancient homeland...and now they want it back? they want Judea - the land which bears the Jews name, back? Despite it containing old Jerusalem, with its hundreds of synagogues (now much less thanks to the massive destruction wrought by Jordan during their occupation of the 'west bank')....

No.. You dont attack someone and thrn ask for 'take backs' after you lose. Especially when the land you occupied was land deeply coveted - the heart and soul of the ancient Jewish homeland. . .

Though its funny how you pretend to care....when all you really care about is increasing the anti-israel sentiment..or the anti-Judaism sentiment.. pretty much anything to make sure the orthodox Jewish dream of returning, resettling and reestablishing (and lets not forget destroying the dome of the rock and rebuilding the 3rd temple
) a Jewish kingdom based on the Mosaic Law in the land of Israel - from the nile to the euphrates...

I cant remember where i read this.... But i think it was the gnostics who regarded the Jews as the incarnation of an evil mentality....They called the G-d of the bible, the G-d of Israel, a 'demiurge'...basically an idea that 'creates' the world, and gives one the sense of having been a created being...The gnostics, marcion, i know was particarly acrimonious towards the Jews, like the Romans, Greek, Babylonians, and Egyptians, believed in a G-d that is entirely impersonal, entirely beyond definition; in short, beyond morality, beyond human thought, beyond human conception, in every way shape or form. .......so the middleages created this myth of 'the wandering Jew", sort of like the wandering soul, lost in its confusion of temporal, dualistic perception....just floating about, sort of like the Jews have 'floated about' throughout their years in the diaspora...... I would almost say that the governments the Jews have found themselves under - most undoubtedly, pagans putting on the appearance of devout, orthodox christians - have dealt with the Jews in just this fashion; treating them as the living symbol of the "lower mind", which responds to the world as it appears....

This in short is what the nations, the goy (which just means nation,. Nothing inherently pejorative about the term) have done to the Jews...and this is why the Jews are still the center-piece of human attention, some 3500 years after sinai..

I would probably think this 'drama' were true if it werent for the truth of the Hebrew Torah. If you study Torah, learn it at an esoteric level, learn Hebrew, Gematria, and other kabbalistic schemes, you too would humble yourself and stand by the Jews..by G-d....who created the world, has intentions for the world, and exists beyond the world...As the maxim goes שְׁמַע יִשְׂרָאֵל יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵינוּ יְהוָה אֶחָד ....

Just so sad that some people use their free will to be evil....

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Israel attacked Egypt first in the 1967 war stop spreading this lie.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

aye..

you really are stubborn.

Egypt had GONEB into Israel. They had entered Israel, aswell as amassing their army at the Israeli Border....

Thats not a military provocation to you?

I wonder how America would respond if China were entering american waters or entering America proper... What if china was buildign their army at the American Border?

Would the world criticize America for responding pre-emptively when all signs indicate that China is planning a military attack?

Have you ever heard of a pre-emptive attack? Do you understand the utility in such attacks? Do you think it would be right to do just do away with the idea alltogether?

Stick to Buddhism/spirituality mayabong. You dont understand a thing about politics.

Or how bout this:

Israel reiterated declarations made in 1957 that any closure of the Straits would be considered an act of war, or justification for war.[21][22] Nasser declared the Straits closed to Israeli shipping on May 22–23.

It is nothing short of AMAZING that a thread which regards or atleast is trying to contend that Israel building on their own land in the west bank is a "big middle finger to america", yet Egypts closing a strait used by Israeli tankers, thus of importance to the Israeli economy/infrastructure, to you cannot be legitimately regarded an act of war...

IN ALL other times and places, this would be regarded as a provocation of war. Economic war. Israel had even warned them.... So they attacked, because THEY were attacked. They were instigated with, and not vice-verca.

On May 30, Jordan and Egypt signed a defense pact. The following day, at Jordan's invitation, the Iraqi army began deploying troops and armored units in Jordan.[23] They were later reinforced by an Egyptian contingent. On June 1, Israel formed a National Unity Government by widening its cabinet, and on June 4 the decision was made to go to war. The next morning, Israel launched Operation Focus, a large-scale surprise air strike that was the opening of the Six-Day War.

Serioiusly man..Read up on this... Are you Blind? Can you read? They had made military pacts, even Iraq sent troops into Jordan...and so when Israel responded to this gross military/economic provocation, now THEY are the ones deemed the instigators!!?

And you consider yourself a man of truth, of fairness, of justice??

Youre full of # if you think that.

Link
edit on 22-5-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join