It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First time in history: Venezula suspends license of citizen.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

CARACAS, May 18 (Reuters) - Car-friendly Venezuela, where gasoline is almost free and troublesome highway rules rarely imposed, has suspended a bus driver from the roads for a year in the first case of a suspended license in the OPEC nation.

af.reuters.com...

lmao. Very interesting....

Still wonder why we here in oil-rich Alberta, 2nd largest reserves in the world, are paying 5$ a gallon.
edit on 19-5-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I don't understand what you are getting at. The driver was suspended for being drunk and driving unsafely. That was right.

What does the story have to do with gas prices in Alberta?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
I don't understand what you are getting at. The driver was suspended for being drunk and driving unsafely. That was right.

What does the story have to do with gas prices in Alberta?

lmao. Sorry, I got carried off topic.

1st being that's it's amazing this is the FIRST TIME someone had their license suspended there.
2nd, it got me thinking they are paying 12 cents a gallon but we have more oil here in Alberta and are paying 5$ a gallon.
edit on 20-5-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

edit on 20-5-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

My guess would be that Chavez, for better or for worse, does not subsidize the industry because the industry is nationalized anyway so it'd be like passing the money from the right hand to the left one. On the contrary, subsidies seem to be the MO here in North America. Just my guess.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Both is true
here we dont have any driving regulations if you have any trouble they let you go by payment.
And yes still is the gasoline cheap. To drive here you have to know where the holes in the road are. They call them huecos tragacarros (careatingholes).

top topics

join