It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i can't wait for the *SNIP* to hit the fan...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JoyDreamer

oh...i do enjoy my times. i am always laughing. i am always the one joking around. i am always looking for the positive. but there's nothing wrong with accepting what you're heart knows is coming and preparing for it.

destruction has played out in the world since the day it was created. why does everyone think it's gonna stop now?

you are right...you have to make the most of life. and i do. can i not be a happy person who actually does live life in such a positive manner that people always comment about my positive mood, attitude and views, always looking to me for guidance through their personal storms because they know that i am a light and still at the same time yearn for the splendor that awaits us on the other side of this next great destruction?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angrybadger
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

If anything remotely like what youre wishing for happens your pile of goodies and guns will be taken from you no matter how many bullets or walmart first aid kits you have.You can jump in your army green jeep with your 600 cans of beans and drive to some hollywood safe zone in your mind,blasting zombies and waiting till "the herd is thinned out" .see how long that lasts, Theres no romance to want your wishing for wether you think youre prepared or not,

very well put....bang on right in my opinion.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I think this is a pretty good thread.
While people may (rightly so) fear the apocalypse / collapse etc.
It's only normal that there will be those who wish to see it.
The non-banditry ones hark for a better life to come once folk rebuild and try to put right what the ptb have taken from people.
There is no end in a SHTF as there's always been survivors.
Mankind has emerged from the ice-age, flood, numerous upheavals of war, disease and more. I think the next obstacle won't wipe us out...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Well, we are clearly both "asses" anyway, so whats the matter?

Anyway, it was more aimed at the entire belief system and attitude that you and many others are espousing. Whether or not you meant it, it is what was said. i see no attempts to help others, i see no effort to begin walking and building in the direction that is wanted. All i see is how terrible this world is, and how after the nebulous "it" happens, how all things will be better for no reason. If there is to be some sort of mass ascendence, it will only be of those that appreciated what they had before such a thing occurs. That reason will only exist if people choose to change, it doesnt matter how bad it gets. This can (and is) done right now. You carry an extremely (oddly) similar style to another poster brianegan. If what you say is true that you dont believe what you say, then you are similar in another regard that you both use deception. This is not the time for such things, it is the time to lead by example, and live the change we want to see. That decision will absolutely not be made for us. It is too easy to get swept up by the current of our mind, on the things we "feel," instead of basing the perspective on the one who feels.

Lets get going, lets make a change! The time is no longer sitting around doing nothing, its time to live the way we want to see in the world. Nothing else will change anything. It is about cooperation, and we can do that even if we disagree. We can still explore things together, and that is my point. If one wasnt only talking the talk, but walking the walk, my division would have been turned into exploration, curiosity and cooperation, not perpetuated. If such things continue, it will just continue to spiral out of control, we need to stop now.

If it doesnt, and things in the world continue to get worse, things will only continue to get worse. "People" will still be the same.

So, are you willing to stop? Are you willing to explore it with a perspective that disagrees with yours?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

i will say this: you do carry a positive message and i can tell that the advice you are offering me comes from a sincere place in your heart. you appeared on my thread near the beginning of it i think and we didn't see eye to eye then, wither. maybe we never will.

but again...you bring a positive message and you are trying the best you can to make the world a better place. whether i agree with your ideologies or not doesn't matter. i think we are looking in the same direction, just using different eyes.

i don't want to argue with you. that's retarded for us to. we're aiming for the same goal. sorry for my less than pleasant words and even though i see things differently than you, i see the same end result as you. i can call you brother.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I can understand where you are coming from in the "anticipation" of what seems to the impending doom that will come to the U.S and the world, but don't you think this is probably just immature? I mean its one thing to have just in case survival equipment (which most people that have the means should have) but it's another to actually say you can't wait for it to happen. You do realize that there are dozens of countries all over the world who's fans no longer work from all that shhh that has hit it right?

I can only imagine how many people who don't even have the privilege to read this thread, would happily see how miserable you would actually be if your wish came true. Only because misery loves company of course.

edit on 19-5-2011 by juveous because: spelling

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Oh, you have hit a nerve with me on that post.

The band Tool has been a kind of secret favorite of mine for several years now. From the first moment I heard them, I knew they had a direct line into something beyond ourselves... something mysterious, wise, and possibly dangerous. When I listened to them they gave me an emotional sensation similar to that feeling you get on your first puff of cannabis when everything you've ever learned from your parents and authority figures told you that this was WRONG, or bad for you, or would lead you down dark corridors.

But when you open the door to this place, you realize it's there to make things right. It confers unto you a responsibility. This is the reason for it's existence... not because it is, -in and of itself- the RIGHT thing, but because it is the antidote to the poison you have been consuming via your culture and society.

You find yourself elevated, and wondering how you could have been wandering blindly for so long.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Well if you prepped it would suck if you were at ground zero or had to go through the getto's of atlanta to get out...I bet many would like to get ahold of your things in the dark of the night while you sleep.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
reply to post by sinohptik

i will say this: you do carry a positive message and i can tell that the advice you are offering me comes from a sincere place in your heart. you appeared on my thread near the beginning of it i think and we didn't see eye to eye then, wither. maybe we never will.

Correct, we never will. No one ever will, because that is the nature of it. There may be agreement in facets, but in totality? Never. If both were to write a book about it, it would differ in many ways. i feel thats an amazing thing though, and an opportunity to learn how another perceives the same place. Due to our individually limited nature, it gives another window if we take it that way. Usually though, most get caught up in the contexts instead of exploring the concepts.

but again...you bring a positive message and you are trying the best you can to make the world a better place. whether i agree with your ideologies or not doesn't matter. i think we are looking in the same direction, just using different eyes.

We are indeed using different eyes. When i look left, you dont
"i" am not "you," but we are both parts of the same thing. Just as our lung is not our heart, but they are both parts of the same thing.

i don't want to argue with you. that's retarded for us to. we're aiming for the same goal. sorry for my less than pleasant words and even though i see things differently than you, i see the same end result as you. i can call you brother.

Thats good because i wont argue with you
Even when one does not see the same end result though, we should cooperate in moving forward because as a race, that is likely the most productive way to go about things. In truth, i see no "end result," i see what i wish to happen, and what actions i need to take to make it more likely to happen (but not inevitable). My words come from my experience, which in some arenas, has been rather extensive (at least in comparison to other systems). i was your brother before you joined the message board

The understanding of this cooperation between people was best undertaken, to me, by doing it within my own body. The organs and various systems in our body are analogous to cooperation between people, and it is through this that one starts to understand our part of "oneness" through the individual parts of us. So, when we attempt to understand this, it is not done through the mind or thought processes. i think the easiest and most popular way to start is through the lungs breathing. i have said it before, but i like how it sounds; the idea is not to think about the lungs breathing, it is to breath with the lungs. Indeed, if one has never done anything in regards to perspective growth, the overall process may feel like literally "doubling" ones perspective as the lungs "perceive" the world vastly differently than the mind. So, it is impossible to use ones current perspective to understand (in this case), because that perspective is contained within one system, whereas our "being" is so much more than that. But! "All we are" is present right here and now, through growing our perspective in the above way, we can better learn how to use our physical body as a conduit, or "face," to the rest of our being. This takes conscious effort, will, and great determination, but was worth it. We are already enlightened, we are already ascended. As mostly eternal beings, we just get caught up solely in the action, or physical body (or ego), as the sole source of our perspective. Most of the time, this is done through thought processes and "thinking" alone, and also frequently, only using words. So, when we approach things like enlightenment, it is sourced in only a part of our system, instead of being based in the container. This leads to a "have not" state, where-in, the only way to transition to a "have" state is to choose to do so. But, when one does happen to choose to be open to it, they realize it was there all along. Nothing changed, except ones perspective on it.

We can accomplish this before/without a SHTF scenario, but people absolutely need to start walking in that direction. i see many talk the talk, but very, very few walk the walk. In these cases, the teaching "what we speak most fervently tends to be directed towards ourselves," rings true. They try to get others to hear them, but in reality, they are just trying to get themselves to hear and live their own words.

So, lets start walking the walk! When others disagree, we can simply try to learn more about their perspective and how they came to it and then explore and progress the topic from there cooperatively. It must be noted though that for real success, it does take two to tango. The competition to be "right" is simply not relevant to the pursuit of "truth" (as it were). However, such things like cooperation must be made by individual decision and then, most importantly, carried out by action. If enough do it, you can be certain it will literally change the world.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 30_seconds

tool is just about the only thing i listen to! i throw in some pink floyd from time to time...other than that tool is always playing. yes...they are a direct line to something greater. i think that's what implied by their name. they are but a tool. a vessel. just like us all.

but yeah...i'm about as big of a tool head as they come. in fact...i'm such a tool fan that i don't own a single piece of tool fan ware! what a joke they play on their fans...making them walk around with shirt that say "tool" across their chests. yeah...i can talk tool for days brother.

that first hit of canibis analogy was spot on. that's tool! except it's more like that first hit of lsd, that fist toke of dmt and that first time you see His face and are blinded by the love! yeah man...tool rocks!

"some say the end is near
some say we'll see armageddon soon
i certainly hope we will
i sure could us a vacation from this BS three ring circus

i've a suggestion to keep you all occupied...larn to swim"

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
mmmmm'kay...1) go downto your breaker panel throw the main to off,
2) shut off your city water service at the incoming line.
No fair shopping for a single thing!
Have a nut. see how many days you can voluntarily go into the medieval age. come back and let us know how it went.
There:
your own private teotwaki and no innocents have to starve while you and gf are feasting..

enjoy.
edit on 19-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I just wish the government would stop its inch worm encroachment into all of our lives, every time i turn around they're pulling another stunt and it puts me into combat mode.
their sickness is becoming my sickness and if they don't quit I'm going to become a killer zombie and devour them

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 30_seconds

Oh, you have hit a nerve with me on that post.

The band Tool has been a kind of secret favorite of mine for several years now. From the first moment I heard them, I knew they had a direct line into something beyond ourselves... something mysterious, wise, and possibly dangerous. When I listened to them they gave me an emotional sensation similar to that feeling you get on your first puff of cannabis when everything you've ever learned from your parents and authority figures told you that this was WRONG, or bad for you, or would lead you down dark corridors.

But when you open the door to this place, you realize it's there to make things right. It confers unto you a responsibility. This is the reason for it's existence... not because it is, -in and of itself- the RIGHT thing, but because it is the antidote to the poison you have been consuming via your culture and society.

You find yourself elevated, and wondering how you could have been wandering blindly for so long.

I randomly came across this while listening to Eulogy by tool. thought i would mention that. haha

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Hmmm, yeah... I used to live strictly out of fear, too.

Then the other week I bought a $108,000 luxury car. Outright.

It's true that currency is worthless and will soon cease to be, but take heed of a passage in the Bible. It goes something like this: "They bought, sold, and traded up until the very last days"

Well, If anyone's aware of the ET agendas surrounding our planet, that's a pretty profound statement. The energetic vampires of this galactic empire are interested in keeping their sheeple well fed. They will keep the status quo relatively sane until mass evacuations must occur before severe Earth changes and the planetary ascension process really kicks into gear.

What did he just say?

I still prepare but I do it for enjoyment and can always fall back on a super long camping trip.

If your stockpiling supplies out of fear and trying to foresee life on 3D earth after 2012, your a fool.

Damn this was a good post and it flowed very nicely. Now back to your normal ATS Bull$hit.
edit on 19-5-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
If society came crashing down the people who survive will not be the loners who hide at their uncles hunting cabin an hour outside a major population center with a years supply of spam and an AR 15. It will be the small groups who band together and build communities that are able to address a wide variety of long term issues like: Farming, water/food, shelter, security, and other issues.
You may have food and water, but that will run out. You may have a gun and 10,000 rounds of ammo, but someone always has more, and it only takes one suprise bullet to end it all. You may have a super secret hiding spot in the mountains, but in that scenerio everyone will be looking for the same thing and you will end up with company.
After society collapses and all these nuclear power plants start spewing radiation into the air and drinking water things will get worse, not to mention all the other chemical and industrial factories that fall apart poisoning the environment.
Last but not least, I doubt the collapse will be scheduled, who knows if you will even make it to your hideout and supplies. It could happen so fast that you are stranded away from all of your preperations. Maybe one of your friends who you bragged to about being prepared shoots you in tha back and takes it all.

Being prepared is a good thing, but don't let it blind you. surviving a collapse will be more about right place at the right time, and luck.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I get what your saying, I think you just worded it in a way that left you open to be misunderstood.
But I get it. I look at all the pain and suffering and sickness and I think "why do we insist on living this way when we know that it is directly contributing to the corruption and inequality??" in order for one person to own a massive mansion filled with every kind of electronic and western comfort available a group of people have to live in squalor and work dangerous jobs for table scraps, or outright starve. The way this world is set up is morally and spiritually dead, and I cant take it anymore. Bring it down! You mentioned Tool, have you heard of the song 'the humbling river' by Puscifer? Heres the lyrics;

Nature nurture heaven and home
Sum of all and by them driven
To conquer every mountain shown
But I've never crossed the river

Brave the forest, brave the stone
Brave the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own
Yet I'm helpless by the river

Angel, angel what have I done
I face the quakes, the wind, the fire
I've conquered country,crown, and throne
Why can't I cross this river

Angel, angel what have I done
I face the quakes, the wind, the fire
I've conquered country,crown, and throne
Why can't I cross this river

Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands my son
Or you'll never make it over the river

It'll take a lot more than words and guns
A whole lot more than riches and muscle
The hands of many must join as one
And together we'll cross the river

It'll take a lot more than words and guns
A whole lot more than riches and muscle
The hands of many must join as one
And together we'll cross the river

Indigo children is a good one too and sour grapes

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

a cynical person , reading all your posts might be drawn to the conclusion that you are dissatisfied with your current life , and position in society - and have embraced the delusion that you are going to be able to better yourself in the aftermath of some imagined catastrophe - at the expence of others

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
The sooner it's all over with the sooner we get our nation back....Do you want it to continue like it is and worsen every day? By the time the next generation gets here they are all in-slaved and licking the boots of their owners...I say never put off till tomorrow what can be taken care of today... The sooner, the better...we aren't living now, we are Foraging ......

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

All your friends who think you're stupid for wasting your money, they are the stupid ones, because soon the $ will become worthless & when people are rioting and looting from stores for a means to survive, you will be smug in knowing you can just chill in your property, with all your food and other survival supplies you've gathered & if you run out of loo roll, just use some $$$
at the end of the day its just paper lol, Reminds me of zombieland, where Woody Harlesson is crying over his son & he wipes away his tears with $ bills haha

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I'm not going to judge you. If that is how you feel, so be it. I know this is in the back of a lot of people's minds. If you feel that way, who am I to say if you are right or wrong? Sometimes with subjects like this, people that focus on the negativity may want to just get it over with and live their lives. I see where you are coming from, and I can't agree or disagree. I wouldn't dwell on it. If tshtf means that much to you, live your life the best way you know how. If you don't like something, change it, or atleast try to. Don't let fear get the best of you is my advise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join