It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i can't wait for the *SNIP* to hit the fan...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
is it wrong that i can't wait for the *SNIP* to hit the fan? i want the collapse to come?

i'm not an anarchist. i'm not a bad person. i'm just getting tired of waiting for it to happen! i don't care of it comes from a natural disaster, financial meltdown, war (or whatever else). i'm just tired of waiting for that one phone call...that one text message...that one thread...that one news update.

i'm ready to wake up tomorrow and find out that money is worthless and i don't have to go to work anymore! i'm ready to crack open the $1,000s i've spent on supplies. ready for the herd to thin. i don't want bad things to happen but i know that bad things must happen before things can get better.

i've been storing up for months now. i've got enough food to feed a family of four for over a year...and it's only me and my gf. that feeling in my gut says the day will come sooner than later but i wanna go ahead and get it over with. anticipation is a mothereffer!

it's gonna suck watching people starve and waste away from government cheese. it's gonna be a huge hiccup. many will not make it. i may not make it. but i know it's coming. i just want it to hurry up.

i actually get excited about buying supplies. it's almost like i've been trained to stock up and now that it's time, i feel like i'm fulfilling my purpose. i update my inventory every two weeks and start smiling cuz i know that i'm preparing! like it's my duty to get ready. like it's a war game...

i don't see how so many people don't see it coming??? all my friends think i'm crazy for how much money i spend buying supplies and getting ready. it's like people don't want to believe it could happen so they refuse to think about what it will be like.

sorry. not sure if this was a rant or what. but yeah...

is anyone else anxiously awaiting the day that our preparations become relevant?

edit on May 19th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Be careful of what you wish for you may just get it.

link   
Well, you certainly won't be able to go online on ATS anymore once it "hits", thats for sure.
edit on 19-5-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

link   
I disagree with you, but only because I am not ready. I need to get back in shape and buy a couple guns. I am still assembling my BOB. I still have a lot to do. If it does happen soon, then I will likely have to do some looting.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
To the OP,

I will say that I agree with you.

There are so many things in today's lifestyle that are a distraction from the true way of living. I look outside, at the beautiful day, with the trees and the birds and the fresh air, that is life.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Dude take a holiday, spend a little money on your girlfriend, chill.

Stop thinking of pickled eggs all day.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
is anyone else anxiously awaiting the day that our preparations become relevant?

Not really for it means no more RR. You want Zombies-invasion-fake invasion depopulation-zombies-radiation sickness-ww5 as stated by Peter Griffin its so intense its skips over ww3 and ww4
So to answer NO not at all can one manage, YES. Does one wanna see all I love go thru this including you no. So nope.
edit on 5/19/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Words fail me. Sure, the world isn't perfect, or I should say the way it is being run isn't perfect or ideal, but there is still so much beauty and wonder. I just need to look at my beautiful children to reinforce my commitment to make their life as fullfilling as I can.

It makes me sad and somewhat angry to read what you are wishing for. Life is what you make it. To wish this upon mankind really says alot about what sort of person you are, and I'm sorry to know that your not alone in thinking this.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

exactly! it's not that i want to see destruction...i just know that this way of life has to end..soon. it's BS! buy this, fear that. work work work. money money money. control control control. iphone. ipad. ipod. google this. text me directions. gucci sunglasses. oh no...sony ps3 was hacked! chalie sheen this. obl that.

this life sucks! well...this way of life. there's a band named Tool (very popular...might have heard of them) and they have a song titled "aenima" talking about praying for the end.

here's a snip it of lyrics:
Cuz I'm praying for rain
And I'm praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.
Mom please flush it all away.
I wanna watch it go right in and down.
I wanna watch it go right in.
Watch you flush it all away.

Time to bring it down again.
Don't just call me pessimist.
Try and read between the lines.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
Welcome any change, my friend.

I wanna see it all come down.
suck it down.
flush it down.

this is how i totally feel! i don't want to see any tragedy but i wanna see change and change will only come after tragedy! like he said "don't just call me a pssimist...try and read between the lines. i can't imagine why you wouldn't welcome any change my friend"

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I think this shows a fairly high level of immaturity and selfishness.

Because you've spent $$$ on supplies for a horrendous event that may not even happen, you're wishing it would?

That's like buying a gun and hoping someone breaks in so you can shoot them.

Sick thinking.

You should be prepared to use them and hope that you never have to.

Grow up.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I totally feel the same way. Lets go already and get it over with. I to have been stocking up on food and water I also have started a garden with heirloom seeds no gmo!!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Such a thing should never be wished for.
Ever.
Do not wish for pain and suffering,
No good will come of it.

Imagine the SHTF scenario as the worst pain you have ever felt,x100,you are bleeding from your eyes,everyone else is dead dying or wants to eat you.
You cannot go outside because of the radiation,you can't drink the rain for it is death.
Nothing can be grown,animals plants children-all die in agony.
Nuclear power plants overheat and explode,one by one by one creating zones of blinded humans and animals who despair and howl in the night.
You can eat only carrion-dead rats/birds if you are lucky enough to find one.
Other people may band together to hunt humans for food,like in the book "the road."

Then one day a band of post nuclear MS13 infected breed catch you sleeping on a rooftop...
And they want to boil you alive.By this time you are blind,and cannot resist as they hog tie you and put you in the oil drum to simmer.

You still wish for the SHTF?

Me,I would prefer a nice life of growing food and helping friends out.
Its a no brainer surely?

Do not wish for bad things.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

i don't want anything bad to happen but i know that bad things will have to happen before change comes. things cannot get better continuing down this line. i don't care how happy you think you are. this train is gonna crash...no doubt. i just want it to hurry up and crash. i'm tired of waiting for it.

people who think that it's not gonna get really bad are lying to themselves. calamity is just around the bend. whether it be by a war, a huge natural disaster or a horrible depression or some mix of multiple causes, something bad has to happen to wake up the masses. i just want it to go ahead and start...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

See what coming exactly? No, I do not wish nor am I waiting for large scale disasters because I will remain behind to 'clean up the fan' after !@#$ hits it. Many of us who do not share this solo, every man for themself mentality will be doing the same as we work as a team to "fix it". What exactly would you be doing? And again, what sort of disaster are you preparing for?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?
But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!
Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

And he said also to the people, When ye see a cloud rise out of the west, straightway ye say, There cometh a shower; and so it is.
And when ye see the south wind blow, ye say, There will be heat; and it cometh to pass.
Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
You don't have to be Christian, Jewish, or religious at all to understand what this means:

Amos 5:18-20;
Woe to you who long for the day of the Lord!
Why do you long for the day of the Lord?
That day will be darkness, not light.

It will be as though a man fled from a lion
only to meet a bear,
as though he entered his house
and rested his hand on the wall
only to have a snake bite him.

Will not the day of the Lord be darkness, not light—
pitch-dark, without a ray of brightness?

Even if it doesn't happen, I can agree with that description being something I do NOT want.

Cheers.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Some of you folk are being SO sanctimonious and judgemental without understanding what the O.P. is trying to say.

Its like when someone is in pain and dying slowly from cancer. You didn't want them to get cancer, but sometimes you feel that when the end comes it will be a blessing because the pain will be over. That's what he's getting at - he wants this poisonous, diseased and corrupt society to be finally wiped away.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

There are no distractions, those distractions are part of life. Meaning, there is no-thing that can distract us unless we give it the power to do so. In other words, those distractions are only distractions because they are made that way by the perceiver. This can be present in everything from violence, to a feel-good fest.

Those who are not happy with what they have, will never be happy. Its a cycle where-in the transition from "have not," to "have," does not suddenly "happen." This is because we already "have" it, we just choose to see it differently. So, as long as we have not made the conscious decision to "have," we will always "have not," no matter the circumstances.

If one cant see beauty in anything, then it simply will not matter what "thing" or scenario, is presented.

i am well aware many will not hear me now, or perhaps ever. But the seeds will be planted for some. If you felt christ within you, you would not wish for people to learn before such a thing happens, and not (by your own words), pray for it to end. You would help teach others, not commiserate over how "awful" things are, biding your time until the world is "good enough" to start seeing it differently.

Such an attitude is just as distracted from the "real world," as the system it judges. It is just getting wrapped up in one side instead of the other, but both are still solely contained within the mind and its thought processes alone. Both result in the same thing, which is what we see today. Where pride, ego, and selfishness rule the roost (because they are frequently thought to have been eliminated, giving such things full free reign). It is incredible to see how much such things are brought up, and then followed by explaining how special one is
The ego is not a thing that can be destroyed, but we can most certainly deceive ourselves into thinking such things. The problem is, what is doing the thinking that the ego is not there anymore?

It is simply not a matter of "what happens," it is a matter of how we look at it and grow. So, the terrible, terrible world one might think we live in points just as much to peace and harmony as whatever "perfect dream world" is thought to come into existence in the future, regardless of the individuals decisions. If we continue looking at things the same way (from thought processes alone, regardless of context), then the same things will continue to happen no matter what state the world is in. Individuals still make their own choices, and it will be based in the same process as always, which will lead to the same results as always.

If the world is so "bad," then why do worse things need to happen for us to see the beauty? The truth is, they dont. People can see the beauty in the world as is (even shown in this very thread), which means it is available for all walks of life. It shows very clearly, how such things are a personal choice, and that if they are not perceived to be there, it is no ones "fault" but your own. No matter what happens, the only way that will change is for an individual to decide it so, and start living their life that way.

TL;DR: Seeing beauty around us is not a factor of external sources. So, wishing for those external sources to change in hopes of finally attaining "X" will be deceptive til their end, like a carrot on a stick.

Of course, just like before, i guess i "just dont understand"

edit on 19-5-2011 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

If anything remotely like what youre wishing for happens your pile of goodies and guns will be taken from you no matter how many bullets or walmart first aid kits you have.You can jump in your army green jeep with your 600 cans of beans and drive to some hollywood safe zone in your mind,blasting zombies and waiting till "the herd is thinned out" .see how long that lasts, Theres no romance to want your wishing for wether you think youre prepared or not,

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

never said i'm waiting for a disaster. i'm saying that some kinda big calamity is coming. be it a disaster, a financial meltdown, war or some other huge event. it's gonna happen. it's inevitable.

again...i don't want to see disaster but i want to see what comes after the disaster subsides. and no i'm not talking about the chaos. i'm saying that this impending event will completely destroy our way of life (which is pretty effed up) and then we will return to a life that we were meant to live. that's what i want. i'm love my life but i hate this way of life.

everyone addicted to their computers. half of you are probably eating a donut, twinkie or candy bar right now, flipping through tabs on your browser about this and that, not actually living. half of america is fat. the other half is stupid. (obviously these aren't factual statistics). most kids these days kill aliens on their xbox instead of play with their friends and exercise. everyone's got diabetes, high blood pressure or some other life altering disease caused by not taking care of themselves. everyone slaves away at a job that they really don't like cuz they gotta pay bills for all the stuff they really don't need.

yeah...this way of life sucks balls. i want it to crumble.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join