It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consciousness and Human Synchronicity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I've been thinking a lot about the nature of consciousness recently, and by that I mean probing my own in relation to others, I've also been thinking about how we synchronize as a species. I feel I've learned something that could be worth sharing, granted I don't know whether it's true or not but I'd like to throw it out there for you to read and ponder, maybe even add your take.

Last week I was stood on my balcony enjoying a cup o' tea, feeling the vibe and enjoying the blue sky when out of nowhere I noticed three women power walking down the road. They were walking in total synchronicity. Their legs moved the same way, each foot touching ground at precisely the same time, as were their arms. It almost looked as if they were marching, needless to say thoughts of synchronicity have been on my mind ever since.

I've been thinking about times where I've synchronized with others my first day of high-school comes to mind where i met some people that today I think of as family. We were alphabetically placed next to one another and from the second we exchanged greetings felt as if we'd known each-other for a lifetime. We would finish each others sentences and had a similar sense of humor. We ''gelled'' from the get go. Have you ever noticed the seemingly sheepish behavior that some people demonstrate? Many aspects of our lives reflect this as it seems we have an insatiable need to be pigeon-holed in order to feel like part of a particular 'collective' that we feel we can identify with on a personal level. This isn't a bad thing, we all do it in one way or another but it definitely hints towards our need/want to unify, connect and identify with other people, some would argue that this occurs in order to validate ones own belief system, but what if it's more than that? What if by mutual intentions alone we're able to connect to one another on a subconscious level much like how wireless network adapters connect to the internet and similarly exchange information, what if this process almost completely bypasses the conscious mind but is acknowledged by the subconscious or higher-self? "Oh, I've got a creepy feeling about this guy, something just doesn't feel right". I think we've all felt that at some point in our lives, some could then argue that this could boil down to their body language and that subsequently your subconscious mind is picking up on the subtle hints that maybe they have ill intentions or are incompatible with you ect, and undoubtedly that's absolutely correct in some instances but i know there's been times in my life where a persons body language/tone of voice hasn't at all reflected how that person feels on an intimate and emotional level.

Below is a diagram I threw together in Photoshop, granted it's a little shabby but i feel it communicates the point i'm trying to get across.

I think how well we connect with an individual is determined by how similar our energetic signature's are, depending on our energetic attributes i think we can either attract or repel other individuals on MANY different levels. Maybe the experiences we have in life are what contribute or rather enrich our energetic signatures (or have an adverse effect depending on how we handle the experience) but if that were so.. why would we allow blatantly destructive people into our lives? However counter-productive this may initially seem, I believe the opposite is true.. these people/experiences are essentially spiritual miracle grow, again depending on how we handle the destructive experience, or individual. I emphasized this concept with the lines connecting chakras in the diagram. I also tried to illustrate our consciousness/higher-self being the black line puppeteerin' (Cool, a new word!) the human body and how we're in essence individual aspects of the same consciousness being molded and shaped by our experiences during the many lives we lead, but that's a whole other topic that's not-so-kinda' related.

The scene inside of the central bubble is my expectation of what I believe an after-life would be like, a construct or hub of some sorts, where our collective consciousness shapes and creates the perfect learning experiences. A place we exist between lives, our home, judged by no one other than ourselves.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading! take what you want and leave the rest.

- Matt

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Good thoughts. Here is information on Rupert Sheldrake, which came up on the concept of Morphic Resonance, which briefly described goes something like this:

Morphic fields in biology
Over the course of fifteen years of research on plant development, I came to the conclusion that for understanding the development of plants, their morphogenesis, genes and gene products are not enough. Morphogenesis also depends on organizing fields. The same arguments apply to the development of animals. Since the 1920s many developmental biologists have proposed that biological organization depends on fields, variously called biological fields, or developmental fields, or positional fields, or morphogenetic fields.

You can probably get his book at the library. Great minds think alike.

He, along with Terrance McKenna have several YT interviews, which are enjoyable to listen to.

Peace.
edit on 19-5-2011 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Nice OP, keep digging into it. "Jesus said, 'Let him who seeks continue seeking until he finds.'"

Throughout our lives, we're lead to believe that our religion or walk of life (any form of belief), whatever it may be, is the "right" path, and that everyone else is lost. That kind of thinking (that "I'm right and your wrong and stupid!") is dangerous - we are disconnected this way. The thing is, most people are walking these separate paths, which are broad, thinking it's something unique when they all lead to the same destination, but because of segregation, there is much room for: hate, prejudice, intolerance, selfishness, greed, envy... But the path of love and oneness is a seemingly narrow path that few dare to tread because of our fear of falling. In fear - brought out by our politicians, our religious leaders, our misguided brothers and sisters - we tread the broad path by clinging to an extreme, remaining disconnected.

You know the Three Musketeer adage, "All for one, and one for all!" It's a good saying, but I prefer to say, "All is One, and One is all." Synchronicity in love is heavenly, synchronicity in hate is hellish. Love is the higher consciousness, and hate is the beastly (lower) consciousness. These things also correspond with the chakras in our bodies, the heart up to the pituitary are the higher energies leading up to the higher consciousness, but below the heart is the "beast" we often hear about. Too many are living in the lower energies and are afraid to open their hearts to equality for all humankind.

The Golden Rule is found in nearly all religions.

I also believe Ghandi had it right:

"As soon as we lose the moral basis, we cease to be religious. There is no such thing as religion over-riding morality. Man, for instance, cannot be untruthful, cruel or incontinent and claim to have God on his side."

"The sayings of Muhammad are a treasure of wisdom, not only for Muslims but for all of mankind."

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

"God has no religion."

Later in his life, when he was asked whether he was a Hindu, he replied, "Yes I am. I am also a Christian, a Muslim, a Buddhist and a Jew."

Cheers.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

I really appreciate your train of thought. I can't help but be reminded of how the hermits in the ancient times gradually began to gather together in monastic communities, such as the Trappists or Carthusians still thriving today, who even while maintaining there deeply personal spiritual vibration, are atttracted to community with others of a similar vibration, meeting--as community--for chanting in unison, working on collective projects and tasks, and embracing voluntarily a rule of daily living. Those of a different vibration would find such a life difficult to understand, but those who embrace it have found a fellowship, a mini-noosphere, that radiates a vibration stronger than the individual and radiating in effects far beyond the community.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JulianZ

I would like that community.
I tend to favor Sheldrake, his concepts and in the continuity of it all.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

Thank you so much for the feedback, It sounds like a trip down to the library is in order, I've been browsing Rupert Sheldrake's website for the past hour now especially his Online Experiments/Dialogues and Controversies sections. Pretty awesome stuff.

Cheers!

edit on 19-5-2011 by YouDeserveToKnow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Great illustration and use of the chakras to get your point across. Visual aids always guide the reader more-so than text (which at times can be unfortunate) and I believe you did a good job of demonstrating what it means to truly connect.

I tend to agree that there are certain people you just know you connect with from looking at them. I'll even go as far as saying you can even tell over the internet. I go to a Facebook chat room when I am alone and just need to talk to people (I hate living by myself....not for me. Also, i have no intentions of picking up internet girls or meeting anyone lol...I just go there for social interaction and to kill time) and I actually can tell right off the bat if someone in there connects with me without saying a word to them. I am meeting a woman who I knew from the start would somehow play a significant impact in my future (It is a global chat room, but she lives an hour away). She freaks out because I predict what she is thinking over the internet even off cam when we cannot see each other.

I can also think of many situations where I have seen someone and just knew we would be seeing more of each other in the future in some important sense. In high school I worked at a restaurant and was leaving after getting my paycheck one day and saw a girl walk in as I held the door open. All she said was "thanks" and walked past, but I knew for some reason she would be an important part of my life. I thought about her a lot that night, and sure enough, she ended up getting a job there. She asked me on a date and we dated throughout high school. Although the relationship ended then, I still consider her one of my best friends and would go to her for anything.

It is crazy how those things work, eh?
edit on 19-5-2011 by Subconsciously Correct because: (no reason given)

top topics

join