It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel helpless. I need some life advice and do things really get better after HS?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

HS socializing isn't much like the real world. There's all these little dramas. Its silly really. Talk to someone, once or twice, if they are responsive? Great. If not, oh well, either keep at it and don't worry about any sort of stigma, or move on. Too many people in the world to get hung up on such foolishness from other people.

In any case, its not what you say that matters so much. Its what you do that really counts. Think on that.

edit on 20-5-2011 by pizzaguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Your voice needs to be used. It's not good to keep this in. I grew up always keeping my mouth shut which indirectly caused depression, anxiety, speech issues, and other problems for me. I thought all of this shouting and arguing going on was pointless, but now have learned the truth - our voices are to be used, especially in response to a stressor. I try to ignore any social reason for not letting my emotions out. This can cause trouble, especially in a place like school, but after finding how these things work, this should never be compensated.

There's also the possible physical violence aspect to this, and that's something that I believe may be possible to compensate, possibly through certain exercises or activities. Kickboxing is great for this, I recommend looking for a class in your area. Even just a punching bag can help.

Life is always what you make of it. Personally, I did not finish my last year of high school and got my diploma through online classes. School wasn't just stressing me, but I wasn't learning anything anymore. The standards were ridiculous. After you're done with school, just make sure to get out and don't keep yourself locked in your home instead of school. One of the most critical aspects of life and happiness, for me, has turned out to be friendship. A good effort to maintain contact also has to be made, which many can make a mistake with. Meeting new people can be wonderful for you. Making new friends was a big turning point in my life after years of self-isolation.

Once you can deal with your stress as straightforward as possible, learn to relax properly. Just don't use this as an excuse to do nothing. Yoga, meditation, qi gong, and some other various martial arts would all be great choices in my opinion.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
God this is pathetic...
He/She is looking for pity and you guys are just ready to hand them some. If you are not strong enough to deal with everyday issues then you are not worth anyone's time.

People day in and day out,,,deal with the same issues...yet they survived and have done so without the help of others. Crawl back in your little self pity hole..and let those of us strong enough to live this life enjoy without seeing people like you roam the streets or even worse,,,having to worry about whether or not your going to off one of u s because your pathetic. People who dwell in self pity should do the world a favor and off themselves...your just in our way.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join