If the U.S. declared war on Israel... who's side would you take?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Israel doesn't have the capability of nuking the U.S., unless of course they sneak a bomb into the country, which according to some wouldn't be the first time.

umm, you're kidding yourself. Israel has some of the most sophisticated nuclear capable subs on earth, thanks to the money from the US of course.

Israel has HARPOON missiles modified to carry a nuclear payload, which have a range of no more than 30 - 100 or so miles (I know because I worked on them for 7 years). Considering the limitations on distance, the yield of these missiles are obviously very low.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Why do you feel the need to take a side?

Why not be neutral?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Personally I think both have over extended their stay. At one point or another, all things should, and do, come to an end. America and Israel are no different. Hostile religions fall under this rule as well.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
neither.. as I am sure the US can sort that one out and Israel can amply defend herself

Pretty simple answer really..

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zookey
Why do you feel the need to take a side?

Why not be neutral?

Because I am an American that supports the Jewish people. Besides, I find people who remain neutral only do it because they lack the intellect to make an educated and conscious decision.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
neither.. as I am sure the US can sort that one out and Israel can amply defend herself

Sure it's simple if you don't live in either country, but like it or not, such a situation would effect the entire world.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
Just a simple question... If the U.S. ever declares war on Israel, then who's side would you take?

GODS of course
Be well deep question.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I forgot to answer the OP in my previous post.

I would side with the U.S.

I don't understand why we are as supportive of Israel as we are. It really doesn't seem to be in our best interests as they are not interested in peace. We already have bases all over the middle east, so it's not like we need Israel. In fact, our support of Israel is one of the problems I have with U.S. foreign policy.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Sure it's simple if you don't live in either country, but like it or not, such a situation would effect the entire world.

not living in either country does not mean one does not have relatives that do..

and I really do not see it impacting the world..

tho it would change a global perspectives and place the USA in the situation that her allies would eye her very cautiously... but personally see the actual situation as almost an impossibility..

and if this thread is based on the recent Obama speech well I see that as equivalent to the spin put on a potential Falklands war where Obama appeared to side with Argentina.. While the reality was a British and American bank where sorting out the Argentine debt default.. the spin that is spun is no where near reality.

I wonder what the truth is that underpins the spin that is being spun now...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I would prefer an assassination squad to eliminate the real problems in those 2 retarded countries:

the corporations, the fiction book clubs (bible thumpers/religious control) and the politically "correct" idiots...

To the American side : leave the general population alone, grow some balls, tell it how it is, and stop helping Israel kill people for no reason.

To the Israeli side : stop bringing up the term "anti semite" for everything... it's not working anymore... stop bringing up the holocaust, 20 million Russians died so your 6 are nothing compared to that, Palestinians are not animals and you are causing them to revolt by preventing them from getting basic necessities, and stealing their land with your settlers...

To the people of both sides: Stop believing everything your govt is telling you, revolt without violence, create change, and stop supporting the real terrorists.
edit on 11/5/19 by Magnum007 because: add info

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gameoverforyou

Originally posted by Silend
I would take the Side Of Israel, maybe just because i am a Christian.

lol, let me guess. you're one of those christians that also celebrate sabbath on sunday, believe jesus was born on christmas, and think jesus died on easter.
edit on 19-5-2011 by gameoverforyou because: (no reason given)

Actually he died 3 days before easter.

keep worshiping israel. you do jesus proud.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

It is some anecdotal proof that many (most?) modern American "Christians" are not Americans at all in terms of allegiance. This is why if religious law fully comes to the U.S., it will be at the hands of the cultist theocrats, not by any Islamic group.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Neither, I'd run to Canada.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

the anti-Semite term they use never really worked in the first place. I mean if a Palestinian person makes remarks about the Jewish people, or if an Arab does the same they'd be anti-Semites too. but, Palestinian and Arabs are Semitic people so it would be as if they hate themselves... they take the term anti-Semite exclusively for themselves.

To answer the Op's question though... I'd have to side with the US only if they take proper action, and not go after civilians. just the leaders, and the military.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

not living in either country does not mean one does not have relatives that do..

and I really do not see it impacting the world..

tho it would change a global perspectives and place the USA in the situation that her allies would eye her very cautiously... but personally see the actual situation as almost an impossibility..

and if this thread is based on the recent Obama speech well I see that as equivalent to the spin put on a potential Falklands war where Obama appeared to side with Argentina.. While the reality was a British and American bank where sorting out the Argentine debt default.. the spin that is spun is no where near reality.

I wonder what the truth is that underpins the spin that is being spun now...

The Falklands and Argentina have no religious implications. You may disagree with or outright dismiss the religious implications of an American/Israeli war, but hundreds of millions of people do not.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Ah... see where you are coming from... sorry for blindly missing that point

But my point was not to compare those situations but rather attempt to point out that Obama says one thing while doing something different.. it is what makes me mistrust his administration.. and leaves me feeling that something is deeply amiss at the moment.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Ah... see where you are coming from... sorry for blindly missing that point

But my point was not to compare those situations but rather attempt to point out that Obama says one thing while doing something different.. it is what makes me mistrust his administration.. and leaves me feeling that something is deeply amiss at the moment.

I can certainly agree with you on that.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I would be on no one's side...

Because neither of them would be on my side.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'm a Christian, I wouldn't support Israel. As another poster said, I'd step back and watch the fireworks. Of course, Israel would nuke pretty much every capital on the planet should it's existence be threatened. So I guess you're damned if you do or damned if you don't.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
for me it would depend on who started it and why, but from your saying implies that america started it, so probably id side with isreal

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join