It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TMZ reports: Botox mom made it all up for the money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

TMZ reports: Botox mom made it all up for the money

blogs.ajc.com

“TMZ has obtained a sworn declaration written by Sheena Upton, who claims she was recently approached by the British tabloid, The Sun, and asked “to play the role of Kerry Campbell” for a story called “I Give My 8-Year-Old Daughter Botox.”

“Upton now confesses The Sun paid her $200 adding, “I was provided with the story, instructions and a script to follow for a recorded interview.”

After the story ran in The Sun, Upton says she was approached by “Good Morning America” and “Inside Edition”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well now isn't that just a fine kettle of fish...

BTW who puts fish in a kettle anyway????

So this was another hoax for cash...
I guess it could have been worse... like claiming your kid just flew off in your homemade balloon....

I can understand how some folks are just desperate for money but come on... cant say no one was hurt... think of what that little girl is going to go through on the school play ground and on the streets...

blogs.ajc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I call Bu115h!t.....The child was taken away from her, test the kid for botox, if the test are revered positive, make sure that this mother never has legal custody ever again !

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If you consider all the hours and money wasted on investigating this and the damage done to the news who reported it as fact (not that they had much credibility to lose) and the trauma the child went through being taken out of the home I'd say an awful lot of people were hurt.

And of course this woman who's obviously not very bright to begin with for selling her soul for $200 will likely bear the brunt of the outrage and possible criminal penalties while the Sun just goes on to do this all over again to somebody else.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

you might be right but in the story they go on to say

According to TMZ, Upton (aka Campbell) took her daughter to the UCLA Medical Center and had her examined. She says the exam proves she never injected her daughter with Botox. She says the report was then sent to San Francisco officials who gave her back her daughter with the provision that a cousin stay with them for the time being.

looks like everyone is scrambling for answers now

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

This sounds like something my wife would do. She has less than enough scruples.

Well now isn't that just a fine kettle of fish... BTW who puts fish in a kettle anyway????
I don't know anyone who does.

The Vietnamese put fish in barrels.... to ferment

They call the result "nuoc mam". Oh yeah, they use it like ketchup... put it on everything.

Make your own...?
edit on 19-5-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well, it doesn't really surprise me after all it is The Sun. They have a track record of making up stories to grab headlines. It's the worst newspaper in existence

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Thats bullcrap! They showed her injecting something in that baby's face! And just watching the girl, u could tell something wasnt right!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I could believe this.....but am unsure lol

A friend of mine was paid £200 by The Sun last year for a story. She posed on a bed in lingerie, they took a pic...told her they were going to make up a story about her sex life and printed it.

Lucky the girl i know is a bit of a slapper so didnt mind it when the paper made up a load of stuff about her sex life....sad sad girl

They said, we give you some money and take a pic and we will do the rest....didnt even talk to her about her sex life just made out she was horny 24/7 and was into all kinds of kinky stuff lol

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
If you consider all the hours and money wasted on investigating this and the damage done to the news who reported it as fact (not that they had much credibility to lose) and the trauma the child went through being taken out of the home I'd say an awful lot of people were hurt.

And of course this woman who's obviously not very bright to begin with for selling her soul for $200 will likely bear the brunt of the outrage and possible criminal penalties while the Sun just goes on to do this all over again to somebody else.

I totally agree....my heart goes out to the child....this has done a lot of damage to her.....I think probably her mother will be brought up on criminal charges.....all for 200....just not worth it.....

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Are people really that desperate for money they will let someone publicly defame them and destroy their reputation for 200 pounds or dollars?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Yup it would appear so.

The funny thing is, that she is not short of cash....just wanted her picture in a national paper i think lol.

join