It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shariah Law and American State Courts:WARNING

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

Very true,but at the same time,AMERICA IS SUPPOSE TO HELP THESE WOMEN.They are begging for our help,but we aren't helping them,why?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal

Muslims want this here in USA ,JUST LIKE IN THEIR COUNTRY.

Oh, so you can't be American and Muslim at the same time? Wow.

no you can't.

not the way they want it anyway.

deal with the law of the land.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

Watch the whole thing for Islamophobia issues or watch from 6 minutes onward which explains the outrage over Sharia Law in western countries.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by venusstarlite
reply to post by Nammu

I,am so sorry,I,have never heard of Beth,can you please let me know about her.So,I,can check on this matter.Then,I,will give my view on her to.

Beth is Hebrew for "house".

Sharia law can be used and considered in America in a case where two or more parties (usually Muslim) have signed a contract agreeing that any arbitration be considered under Sharia law. American law will determine if the contract is legal and binding, and then will determine if the various parties are abiding by the contract under the terms they agreed upon.

/TOA

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I already linked in my previous post, but here it is again:

Beth Din of America

They work similar to Sharia courts, dealing only in civil matters, and costing a lot less than standard civil courts. However one big difference is that Beth Din courts will deal only with those deemed to be Jewish by Halakha ruling, wherear Sharia courts will happy assist non-Muslims too.

Majority of Sharia rulings relate to divorce and they can help woman to escape mariages that are abusive, forced, or where she doesn't get the moral support from her husband as is required in Islamic culture, without her being ostracised by her peers and family.

Inside a Sharia Court

On a side note, religions are all messed up. Catholics don't believe in divorce at all. My mum was brought up strict Catholic and divorced after getting physically abused by her first husband. Even though he was beating her up, her family disowned her and she's now no longer classed as a Catholic, can't take communion in chapel etc. And physical abuse doesn't even fall into the categories to allow annulment under Cannon Law.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
You know what I really don't care who this offends but I am gonna say it like it is for all the people who want multiculturalism or whatever you want to call it here in America. Why is it that the United States is always slammed by other countries for trying to spread western ways abroad, even on this site you see it day in and out where people say we are always butting in, in other countries with our way of life. Yet when it comes to the United States it's fair game for any of these other cultures to come here and demand we change to accept them here? Sorry you can't have it both ways, if people want to say we need to butt out of other cultures and mind our own business then the same should apply in reverse.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

On a side note, religions are all messed up. Catholics don't believe in divorce at all. My mum was brought up strict Catholic and divorced after getting physically abused by her first husband. Even though he was beating her up, her family disowned her and she's now no longer classed as a Catholic, can't take communion in chapel etc. And physical abuse doesn't even fall into the categories to allow annulment under Cannon Law.

If I was in her shoes I would have enacted the old eye for an eye routine. That one is still accepted by these religions correct? What a shame in this day and age. I know in my family no matter what blood runs thicker than anything even God himself.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

But you forget that America was FOUNDED on multiculturism. It is the groundstone of the country, the basis of the values that it stands for, the freedom that it promised so many. It's what makes America such a great country.

So i'm sorry, but you have got it completely round the wrong way. This is not about other countries telling you what to do (which i do agree America is definitely guilty of with other countries). It's about born and bred Americans having the freedom to choose, within the freedom of the right to express and celebrate their chosen religion, how they wish to litigate their personal civil matters.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

awesome post...and to see it posted a year ago is priceless...here we are a year later.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join