It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Princeton’s Cornel West Rips Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by The Old American

but even changes his speech patterns if necessary:

Anyhow. Let's hate Obama for his politics. Not his speech patterns or color of skin. It isn't dishonest to change your speech pattern, it is dishonest to campaign one way and legislate in the opposite way!

The color of his skin is a non-issue, though if he were blue I might wonder about some things. It's his propensity to bring it to the table that I have a problem with. He's the one that seems to have an issue with what color his skin is. The measure of a person is not how two-faced you can be.

/TOA

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Here's what I get from the remarks of Cornel West:

"Yes, there is a new world order."

"Yes, they only care about themselves and the rich."

"Yes, President Obama is a lackey for them."

"Yes, the new world order is a very exclusive club."

"Yes, people are telling me not to tell you all of the above and just shut up."

SnF

Peace,

-AS-
edit on 19-5-2011 by AeonStorm because: snf + punctuation

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

... He is the POTUS, he should be giving all of the citizens attention, but instead he let all of us down, and all of his attention is going toward corporations and banks...

Nicely said. And frankly, my knee-jerk response to that is...

Of course all of his attention is going to corporations and banks. To the Republican and Democratic Parties, they are the ONLY citizens that really matter. (As a matter of fact, I would regard any "media-supported" parties as suspect of being the tools of "economic royalty.")

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

He is certainly an opportunist, and he is an expert at walking that line!

I enjoy his speeches, especially the inaugural one, its just too bad he can't back up a thing that he says!

Yes, the beer at the whitehouse fiasco was when he lost me. He should have called out the racist homeowner for criticizing a cop just doing his job. Instead he invites them both over for a beer.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

He is certainly an opportunist, and he is an expert at walking that line!

I enjoy his speeches, especially the inaugural one, its just too bad he can't back up a thing that he says!

Yes, the beer at the whitehouse fiasco was when he lost me. He should have called out the racist homeowner for criticizing a cop just doing his job. Instead he invites them both over for a beer.

You're a mod. Surely you can wrangle a way for me to give you about 10 stars for that

The Beer Summit was exactly what I'm talking about. His chameleon-like qualities are astounding.

I will say that Obama gave the best acceptance speech in the history of acceptance speeches in my opinion. Hell, I voted for the guy, and he was the first Democrat I'd voted for since I was first able to vote. But it wasn't long before I realized I had been taken. He has repeatedly given the finger to America while shaking our hand and smiling that goofy grin of his.

/TOA

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Hey getreadyalready,

Can you please elaborate on what you meant when you wrote "I enjoy his speeches, especially the inaugural one, its just too bad he can't back up a thing that he says!"

I think I must be missing something because most of his remarks (posted by the OP) are backed up by Obama's actions or lack-there-of.

Did I miss something? Unfortunately I'm not to familiar with this man. However if you're talking about his speech at the inauguration of Obama and how what he said since that time has not been backed up then I fully agree.

-AS-
edit on 19-5-2011 by AeonStorm because: added

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

No, I was unclear. I enjoy Obama's speeches. I don't know anything about Cornel West either, LOL! I agree that everything he has said is correct, see my first post in thread.

I had drifted off on the subject of Obama and his speaking style, my fault.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

reply to post by AeonStorm

No, I was unclear. I enjoy Obama's speeches. I don't know anything about Cornel West either, LOL! I agree that everything he has said is correct, see my first post in thread.

I had drifted off on the subject of Obama and his speaking style, my fault.

Ok LOL Thanks for the clarification! I should have looked back, sorry!

Peace,

-AS-
edit on 19-5-2011 by AeonStorm because: added

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

West ripped Obama, calling him a “white man with black skin” and “a black mascot of Wall Street. All you need to know about people who make rules they them self's cant follow. West like it or not is secretly racist and you know what ?that's ok. Yeah i said it! that's ok. Who cares as long as he is fair in his teaching. Al on the other hand should stfu lol black dinosaur describes him to a tee. I guess he never got that memo that 1960's are over and its not all the white mans fault. Personally i feel sorry for the black community they latch on to these figures because they tell them its not their fault, the system is against them and they are special. The fact is your not special black, White, Asian, Mexican until you do something that helps the human race other then that your a drone worker bee like the rest of us. West is a Hypocrite he teaches at a highly predominate white school and makes a lot of money when he could work at college that is predominately black and teaching African American study. Al sharp does more harm then good like an over protective mother placing blame on everyone except her son. And Obama lol isn't a very good president plain and simple. I laughed when he mocked Donald trumps experience look at you Obama you were a community organizer and a senator for what 4 years lol. Trump built an empire you build debt. All this whitey vs proud black man is a joke and a spit in the face of the people who actually want something done. Its a black face jig to get attentions away from the real problems.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The funny thing about leftists is that as soon one of their own gains some authority and power, he becomes part of "the enemy". They are so terrified of anyone having achieved more then them or being of a higher rank (they call this "inequality") that even their own guy becomes a threat. This was predictable.

edit on 24-5-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
The funny thing about leftists is that as soon one of their own gains some authority and power, he becomes part of "the enemy". They are so terrified of anyone having achieved more then them or being of a higher rank (they call this "inequality") that even their own guy becomes a threat. This was predictable.

edit on 24-5-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

You make an excellent point. They are also terrified because Obama has not amounted to the progressive henchman that they had hoped. That statement is actually hard to believe. But, Obama is not progressive enough according to West.

So, How does the WH respond to this. They create a new tax payer funded position. Behold the new Director of Progressive Media & Online Response. www.abovetopsecret.com... A person whose job will be to reach out to progressives, rally progressives and to squash negative news about Obama. Perhaps this new job title should include Disinfo. somewhere in the description.

Clearly, Obama has taken note of West's stance. It's a tough bag for Obama because for every far left progressive gained he is sure to lose several moderate, on the fence voters. The actual people who threw him a bone in 2008.

Oh, boy... What a political pickle he has gotten himself into. He'd have an easier job selling used Yugos.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join