It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Will Not Pay $25 Million Osama Bin Laden Reward, Say Officials

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

U.S. Will Not Pay $25 Million Osama Bin Laden Reward, Say Officials

abcnews.go.com

No one will receive the $25 million reward for the capture of Osama bin Laden, say U.S. officials, because the raid that killed the al Qaeda leader in Pakistan on May 2 was the result of electronic intelligence, not human informants.

"We do not expect a reward to be paid," said a senior U.S. official familiar with the bin Laden hunt, meaning that the $25 million bounty offered by the U.S. under the Rewards for Justice program after the 9/11 terror attacks will probably remain uncollected.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
With our country being broke that's probably a good thing... we didn't have the money anyway...

but it does make me wonder... after all this time they never had a tip, hint, from anyone???? if not how did they know where to even start looking???

Surely there has to be someone who can make at least a part claim... and if that person is you... I should get half for bring it up in the first place

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-5-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
they will most likely dish it out to some political reps since no one else will get it, seems like easy money to keep and hide for themselves

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Why not give it to the victims of the attacks that Bin Laden had nothing to do with?

Second lines are for chumps.

So are third lines.
edit on 5/19/2011 by adigregorio because: Change: victems (to) victims

EDIT-

Apparently my post is not long enough. So I will add more, let's see:

**New Post**
Why not give it to the victims of the attacks that Bin Laden had nothing to do with?

I think the victims should get the money because no one else can get it.
edit on 5/19/2011 by adigregorio because: To add a "real" second line

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Perhaps they should divy it up between all the tortured detainees who mentioned Abu Ahmed al-Kuwaitis name.

Trowa

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I heard two stories of how they caught Osama. A.) They were listening in on his courier's cell phone calls. B.) They noticed an out of place mansion with high security in Pakistan (barb wire, tall walls) and decided to investigate.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
.....I bet its direct deposited into Obama's Re-Election campaign fund.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
They should give it to the SEALs and the Special Activity Division personnel involved in the operation.

They deserve every penny of it.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

With our country being broke that's probably a good thing... we didn't have the money anyway...

U.S just approved 1 billion dollars for Egypt today..............

You obviously have the money.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Kinda reminds me of that pepsi case years ago...

Wall Street Journal, August 9, 1999.

John D.R. Leonard took PepsiCo seriously when one of their "Pepsistuff" commercials made an offer of a Harrier jet, the famous high-tech "jump jet" used by the U.S. Marines. In a TV commercial that aired in 1995, Pepsi jokingly included the Harrier as one of the prizes that could be received with a "mere" 7 million Pepsi points. While that sounds like a lot of points to get from drinking Pepsi products (roughly 190 Pepsis a day for 100 years), the company also allowed customers to purchase points for 10 cents a piece.

Leonard did the math, and discovered that the cost of the 7 million points needed for the jet was a mere $700,000. He then put together a business plan, raised the $700,000 from friends and family, and submitted 15 Pepsi points, the check, and an official order form along with a demand for the Harrier jet.

PepsiCo wrote back, stating: "The Harrier jet in the Pepsi commercial is fanciful and is simply included to create a humorous and entertaining ad. We apologize for any misunderstanding or confusion that you may have experienced and are enclosing some free product coupons for your use."

Except no coupons this time...

www.brainmass.com...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
If a cop finds a fugitive or someone on AMW list I don't think they get the reward.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Originally posted by DaddyBare

U.S just approved 1 billion dollars for Egypt today..............

You obviously have the money.

No we don't... the US reached our debt limit last week...
were broke and cant borrow anymore... officially anyway...
However I'm sure the Obama can scrape up a billion dollars from somewhere... maybe the food stamp program, the widows and orphans funds... oh wait I know... it'll come out to the Veterans benefits funds... not that we'd notice, we already get crappy health care bennies
edit on 19-5-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Good, use that money to compensate the victims of 9/11, and the thousands suffering from rescue efforts and clean up in the aftermath.

Chump change, but it could help.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
How was it based on electronic intelligence? Did OBL use a cell phone or internet? And if he did, why after so many years? BTW I personally don't believe OBL was killed that day, just trying to understand the methodology for electronic intelligence.
edit on 19-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
They should give it to the SEALs and the Special Activity Division personnel involved in the operation.

They deserve every penny of it.

Agreed. Those guys make what, 50k a year? Whether we agree that a certain war is good or not, these guys put themselves in harms way, and should be compensated for it. If you can pay an athelete big bucks, then we can pay these men and women as well.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
That money is staying exactly where it is now... in the imaginations of politicians and pundits.....

I would have suggested the 9/11 relief fund, but think the bankers are still investing that money as PAC funds, or maybe their 401Ks.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
ST6 should get every penny, and it's actually $27m. Every man/woman on that raid should be counted and get a share. It doesn't matter who fired the bullet, they should ALL get equal share in that money and then be allowed to retire on FULL benefits if they choose (I bet most of them will continue to report to their posts.)

It's time to start REWARDING soldiers for bravery and stop the old adage of "just doing their jobs."

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
How was it based on electronic intelligence? Did OBL use a cell phone or internet? And if he did, why after so many years? BTW I personally don't believe OBL was killed that day, just trying to understand the methodology for electronic intelligence.
edit on 19-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

same here, and that video of OBL, if he's living in a mansion and being filthy rich, why was he watching a small crt tv????

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
They aren't paying it because it wasn't Bin Laden they killed. No photos = no proof.

I'm to the point of simply not buying what government says any longer, I know some people will believe whatever they are fed via the MSM but I'm not one of them.

I'd like to know why there was no mention or photos of the dialysis machine if he had kidney issues.

I'd like to know why they say the world's most dangerous terrorist on the 3rd floor was unarmed after hearing all of that helicopter noise yet didn't fire. Despite them saying there were weapons within his reach.

I'd like to know who the SEALs had a gunfight with for 20 minutes in light of the photo released showing dead 'couriers" with a toy gun next to one of them.

This story folks is pure hogwash until proven with evidence showing they did indeed kill Bin laden.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I'm pretty sure they're going to put that money towards a new stealth helo. With the way the government charges things that'll probably cover the landing gear and the seats.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join