It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Endorses Palestinian Demand For State Based On 1967 Borders

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't UN resolution 181 that recognized an Israeli state recognize a Palestinian state as well. This resolution at that time the Jews accepted but the Palestinians rejected. Even now Palestine does not want a return to the 1967 borders but a complete return to the land. They want Israel to cease.

If the president thinks that his support of 1967 borders will bring peace he is naive. If he thinks that it will make Arabs like the US more he is naive.

Maybe I'm pessimistic, but it seems like conflicts such as these only ever cease when one side's oposition is crushed and the other side emerges victorious. That's what history has taught us.

So given the current state of affairs, Israel will have to give not just the 1967 territories back but everything...or the Palestinians will have to accept defeat in calling for Israels destruction and accept having been on the loosing side of many conflicts that has them where they are today.

No...none of this will make the Arabs happy even if we were to go as far as enforcing a no fly zone over the west bank. Can you imagine that.

Our only hope is that the children grow up recognizing the dis-function and look for a better way. That's hard though when it is drilled into their heads from the time they are babies to hate the other side. Pray for the children as long as this earth persists.

edit on 19-5-2011 by Gibbon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer

Originally posted by UcDat
funny this more than likely a lie or the man really is a muslim commie plant

its not a lie. i was watching his speech 30 mins ago.

I didn't mean the speach was a lie but that Obama was lying...

like in he really wont do anything against his zionist masters but will lie to the american people and the world to lull them into thinking he's really supporting peace...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Israel's prime minister has rejected a key aspect of President Barack Obama's Middle East policy speech, saying that a return to his country's 1967 borders would spell disaster for the Jewish state.

Ahead of a visit to the White House Friday to discuss the peace process, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called the 1967 lines "indefensible," in a statement released late Thursday

Israel Rejects 1967 Border Plan

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by pyrodude

The palistenians wont be happy even with that.

What the hell are you talking about that's exactly what they've been asking for since 67.

Yes it is, but we've been through all of this before, and it all comes back that they want more and more conditions and then the palistineans demand themselves out of agreements and they bomb israel and boohoo to anyone that will listen when Israel fires back. how many times has it happened, at least 5 times I can think of, give me some time I bet I could find more.

If you give a mouse a cookie, he'll want a glass of milk. The Israel isnt gonna give them jack. Israel is so powerful even western countrys are afraid of them, they are not an enemy we need and I fear that is exactly what Barry will get us.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

They are a threat? They would get crushed without the United States. Sorry but the only reason they have country is because of us. That is really our foot hold if truth be told.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by UcDat
funny this more than likely a lie or the man really is a muslim commie plant

No lie as this is what the Palestinian people have been calling for and to see the US now fully for it means we are now listening to them. Has nothing to do with Obama's faith which is Christian.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Big deal.

Bill Clinton announced this 10 years ago as did Hillary a year ago. This isn't going to make any difference becasue the Obama administration will not force the Israelis to abide by this.

What was of more interest was that Obama did demand a demilitarized Palestinian state. What a ridiculous demand. How can you call yourself a state if you cammot defend yourself?

Unfortunatley the PA's only option is to declare a state at the UN as the quartet has failed them and there is no partner for peace in Tel Aviv.

Violence will ensue, many people will die. Sad ,sad times.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
From Obama's speech,

As for security, every state has the right to self-defense, and Israel must be able to defend itself – by itself – against any threat. Provisions must also be robust enough to prevent a resurgence of terrorism; to stop the infiltration of weapons; and to provide effective border security. The full and phased withdrawal of Israeli military forces should be coordinated with the assumption of Palestinian security responsibility in a sovereign, non-militarized state. The duration of this transition period must be agreed, and the effectiveness of security arrangements must be demonstrated.

english.aljazeera.net...

Have you ever heard anything more ridiculous in a speech straining to be taken seriously?
edit on 19-5-2011 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
From Obama's speech,

As for security, every state has the right to self-defense, and Israel must be able to defend itself – by itself – against any threat. Provisions must also be robust enough to prevent a resurgence of terrorism; to stop the infiltration of weapons; and to provide effective border security. The full and phased withdrawal of Israeli military forces should be coordinated with the assumption of Palestinian security responsibility in a sovereign, non-militarized state. The duration of this transition period must be agreed, and the effectiveness of security arrangements must be demonstrated.

english.aljazeera.net...

Have you ever heard anything more ridiculous in a speech straining to be taken seriously?
edit on 19-5-2011 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling

Why is Palestine getting it's own nation finally a bad thing?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

A non-militarized state...........

Imagine if Great Britian had agreed to US independence as long as they could not defend themselves from any outside agressor i.e. Great Britian.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

they will probably be allowed a defense force as a loophole

but seriously...why should a palestine nation be de-militarized. they like any other nation must be able to defend themselves. no one cares if israel is threatened by it.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

I think a lot of people care if Israel is threatened. As it is now the fanatical terrorists in adjacent areas are shooting rockets into Israel and our MSM just ignores what is going on because it does not fit with their views of "Palestinians"...how can any country work out an agreement with people whose charter states clearly their goal is the destruction and eradication of the state of Israel? In the past they were offered everything Arafat demanded except Jerusalem. He turned it down. I feel sorry for the sane people caught in the middle of all this .There are ordinary people like all of us who just want to live their lives in peace but cannot due to fanatics in Gaza or the West Bank who strive for death and ever more death and violence. How sad.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned, to the victor goes the spoils of war. The Arabs etc. all decided to attack Israel and got their fannies wiped, their clocks cleaned, and sent packing. Egypt lost the Sinia and Jordan the west back, and Syria the Golan heights. These are the legal borders of Israel. Otherwise we need to give the clonies back to England, the southwest back to Mexico, and the rest back to the native indians. Good grief !

What Obama is about to undertake is a dangerous road. He will bring God's judgment on America. I expect to start seeing it soon to appear, first as a warning sign, then as discipline. Obama is a Muslim, when are people going to get it. What he does, he does for his god allah and for Islam.

We are on a definate race to save this nation in 2012. This election will decide the fate of this nation.

edit on 19-5-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I thought the 6 day war was started with an attack on Egypt by Israel?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by Fromabove

I thought the 6 day war was started with an attack on Egypt by Israel?
Yes, after Egypt massed 100,000 of its 160,000 troops on the border. Israel was justified in its preemptive air strikes, as it was discovered that the Egyptian troops did have orders to attack.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by butcherguy

Ummm you know Obama isn't an Arab right? Or even Muslim?

Please tell me you're being symbolic calling them his Arab brothers. Not trying to pick on ya but the site motto is Deny Ignorance.

Barack Obama had a step-father that was a Muslim. While Barack was living with his mother and that step-father, he attended school. At that school, his religion was listed as Muslim. It was a Catholic school.

Regardless of those facts... I am voicing my opinion, which is based on a persons actions and words, more than their stated religious preference.
edit on 20-5-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by KoolerKing

They are a threat? They would get crushed without the United States. Sorry but the only reason they have country is because of us. That is really our foot hold if truth be told.

I think it's a little more complicated than that, but ok, they are who they are mostly because of the US. The Israeli Defense Force is no joke, they are a larger force and better trained and better equipped than anyone in the region and just about anyone that isnt one of the "big countries." They also have mandatory millitary service and a lot of members remain in the reserves after they serve which gives them a fairly large base to recruit from if need be. Also, dont believe what you here in the MSM, the US is not their only ally. They have been quick to help Turkey and have built good relations with them, also India, South Korea and Austrailia. Everyone paints the picture that they are some lone state who only converses with the US, this is a blindfold that has been pulled over your eyes. They are like any other UN recognized country, they move in the same circles and built the same relationships that any other country can and does.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Ah yes well I don't believe that. Israel will always play victim even when they attack first. Amazing.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Ah yes well I don't believe that. Israel will always play victim even when they attack first. Amazing.

You don't have to believe it.

Do you know who attacked first in the 1948 Arab-Israeli Conflict? The Arabs.

How about the 1956 War? Egypt seized the Suez Canal from the French and British.

Remember the 1973 (Yom Kippur) War? Egypt and Syria launched a concerted surprise attack.

The 1982 war was Israels response to the increased power of the PLO in Lebanon. The PLO was constantly launching rocket attacks against Northern Israel, so the Israelis dealt with them accordingly. Interestingly enough, the PLO's increased power in Lebanon was due mostly to King Hussein of Jordan(an Arab) driving them out of his country, Known as Black September.

You can see that Israel has had a history of being attacked by its Arab neighbors since it became independent in 1948. I would get nervous seeing 100,000 Egyptian soldiers massing on my border if I were them, wouldn't you?

Especially when you take into account that Israel is a tiny country (you could fit 31 Israels inside the state of Texas) completely surrounded by its enemies.

edit on 20-5-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join