It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Junk food foes to McDonald's: Retire Ronald!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

You seem to think that corperations and government are two different things. When nowadays they are one in the same. That's another big problem for a whole other thread. My point was nobody knows what the greater good is. Not you, not me, not anyone. I just know what works for me and my own.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stinavamp
reply to post by caladonea

LMAO
Wow vulgarity here at ATS I'm shocked and appalled at my behaviour.Thank you Moderator.We really need a sarcasm button for the internet. Because your not a moderator and I'm so sorry my passionatre words affected you this way. If they want to remove me thats fine. I talk like a normal person and only insulted idiots and my own butt. If your offended don't read. Better yet get off the internet.

edit on 19-5-2011 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

Wow...strong reaction...I wish you well....thank you I have learned that some people just are crass and that there is no changing them....take care
edit on 19-5-2011 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I am a parent. If my kid wants to eat he will eat what I give him or stay hungry.

I have food already paid for; I cannot afford the excess of McDonalds on a regular basis. I can get food that while not super healthy cheaper and will feed me for many meals verses one compared to what I can get at McDonalds. Again it may not be the most healthy, but certainly no worse than what I could get there.

As for my kid. He is never hungry for long, but he is that way without fast food, and if he wants a toy I can get him a Hot Wheel for just over a dollar (they changed the price from $0.96 to $1.11 and back down to $1.07) at Wal Mart. That toy will last longer and be more fun than anything McDonalds offers as well.

Raist

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Thanks. I know their is health reasons for why some people are obese plus working the way we do in America doesn't help. Far be it for me though to tell a nother person how to live their lives.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Now I'm not being sarcastic because you seem to take me with a grain of salt. Thank you for wishing me well and being that kind of person we need more of you. So you keep on keeping on and I'll do the same.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by stinavamp

The "Greater Good" for Mcdonalds would be having people eat McDonalds for breakfast lunch and dinner. Move all McDonalds restaurants into public schools, this would be considered the Greater Good for the fast food industry, but hey as long as the government stays out of your life who cares what the corporations do

The schools would never allow that and you know it. Big corporations don't have that kind of leverage; they would never get away with it. Have you not been reading or hearing about all the health food kicks about cafeteria food and concessions? There is even an executive chef in Vancouver that was hired as a consultant at a high school(Point Grey I think) to design a healthy menu for that school's cafeteria, and that his menu might be used as a recommendation for other schools.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stinavamp

I like you....and I know you are a good person....I have not doubt....you are also fun....I bet your friends have a blast knowing you!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Thanks. You remind me of my best friend Debbie. Always there to remind me there is a thing called tact that seems to elude me so much. I'm her Jay and she's my not-so- silent Bob.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

A controversial government programme which gives fast-food chains influence over healthy eating policies has come under severe criticism after US research revealed the extent of "relentless marketing" of unhealthy food and drinks to children.

A report by the authoritative Yale Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity found companies such as McDonald's, Pizza Hut and Burger King spent more than $4bn advertising predominantly unhealthy fast foods in 2009.

In the UK we currently have fast food chains influencing government policy on healthy eating policies.
www.independent.co.uk...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Well the UK is just as messed up as it's Son America. It is true that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. As I said before government and corperations are the same thing. No matter where you go. The only way to change it is to stand up to it even if you stand alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join