It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JESUS IS COMING! Everyone look busy!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
That was a bumper sticker I saw years ago. It always makes me smile to think of it. But I recently have been thinking of this May 21st nonsense. My son went to church with his friend last night and came home talking about this. He thinks like I do, that there is very little chance that the world will end Saturday. But I was thinking. What difference does it make?

Would knowing the end is coming in a day or two change anyone's heart? Would an event possibility like this make an atheist suddenly grab a Bible and believe? If so, that person wasn't much of an atheist. I don't think that anyone could start being a good person and hope for some divine intervention of their life. They are what they are, and nothing done in a short period of time would change that. (I am not saying atheists are bad people BTW)

So what good is it to know when it's coming?

thoughts?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Nope!
Bible says no man knows the time or hour.
Why does a senile human man know ? But if Jesus is coming, I'll probably tear my clothes off and run up the street. I'm probably going to hell and there's a guarantee.
Hell no I wouldn't change, Instead I'll get some liquor and drink myself to sleep. Hopefully when Jesus comes, I'll be too drunk to give an f or knocked out
edit on 19-5-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Needed a good laugh. Thanks. Af for the "end of the world stuff", If it happens it happens.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Let me know when he gets here.

Him and I need to sit down and have a talk about a few things.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The world will end once we humans blow it up, until then, the hour is only known to whoever brought us here in the first place.

Cheers

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
If He does show up on Saturday, I challenge to a Halo grudge match! lol

But, really like someone above said..."no man will know the hour"

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I'm always busy, not gonna get any busier -
I'm tired - bring it on!

Really it ain't gonna happen but any little
earthquake or other disaster is gonna
make folks nervous - at least those
who believe in such.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

I am with you. I don't think anyone knows when "then end" will be. But if Jesus does come on Saturday, I hope he has time to stop by and have a cold beer with me. He is #1 on my list of people to have a conversation with. I might even pick up a 6 pack of Stella for the occasion.

and if he doesn't come......more for me!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'm busy this weekend. Tell Jesus he needs to make an appointment like everyone else.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I believe that it's important to know when the end is. If you're the type of person who doesn't really appreciate the little things in life, like I used to be, you don't really notice the things in life that most people take for granted. I believe that if you know that the end is near, you start to notice these little things, and they can make the world seem a little less dark. Just a simple flower can put a smile on your face.

In the past few weeks, I have found that just staring up at the sky has made me tremendously happy. There's so much beauty in the sky, and if you take the time out of your day to admire it, you will see it to

Yes, I do believe that the world will perish very soon, but until then, I will admire the sky until my very last breath.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I really hope He waits until abput 1pm-ish. Im participating in a community yard sale and it would really benefit me to sell some of this stuff.....

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think ill tell him I really dont feel good atm an I have a bad migrain ,, plus I dont really want to go at this time anyhoo.. so maybe he should just take those who are ready & willing

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Obama just sided with Palestine and dealt Israel a major blow. Maybe the world really is ending...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'm telling ya, everyone needs to leave sets of old clothes out of the lawn and sidewalks on saturday.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

that would be priceless. I think I am going to scare my kids like that. thanks for the idea.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Must. Buy.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quyll

I believe that it's important to know when the end is. If you're the type of person who doesn't really appreciate the little things in life, like I used to be, you don't really notice the things in life that most people take for granted. I believe that if you know that the end is near, you start to notice these little things, and they can make the world seem a little less dark. Just a simple flower can put a smile on your face.

In the past few weeks, I have found that just staring up at the sky has made me tremendously happy. There's so much beauty in the sky, and if you take the time out of your day to admire it, you will see it to

Yes, I do believe that the world will perish very soon, but until then, I will admire the sky until my very last breath.

maybe this will be a wake up call to some and remind them to enjoy the little things and take life a bit less seriously. I try to. And when in doubt, remember this motto: Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by captaintyinknots

that would be priceless. I think I am going to scare my kids like that. thanks for the idea.

No problem! I posted the idea in the pranks forum but it isnt getting much notice since it isnt on the main feed.

Pass it on, if you like!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

If Jesus is coming make sure you don't get splashed,

I think he cuda caught Chlamydia off Mary Maggs

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You want to scare your kids?.....why.....do you want them to be paranoid and afraid?....grow up scared and insecure.....having to go to a therapist?......I'm just saying.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join