It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI investigates Unabomber in 1982 Tylenol Deaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

FBI investigates Unabomber in 1982 Tylenol Deaths

news.yahoo.com

CHICAGO – The FBI has requested a DNA sample from Unabomber Ted Kaczynski as part of its investigation of the 1982 Chicago-area Tylenol poisonings case that killed seven people, officials said Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 19-5-2011 by webpirate because: Title formatting

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I wonder where they got the idea for this? This just really does not sound like anything I have ever heard about Kaczynski. Gonna be interesting to find out more as this develops.
There is nothing I can find so far that offers any reason the FBI has for looking at him for this, other than maybe they just decided they hadn't ruled him out. Well....for the record, they have never ruled me out either in this! But I didn't do it. He was from Chicago, where the Tylenol poisonings were, as was his first bombing, but that's all that I can find that is related.

He was very specific in who he targeted. This just doesn't seem to fit his agenda.

He was also at one point after his arrest a suspect in the Zodiac Killings, but was later ruled out in those.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 19-5-2011 by webpirate because: Additional thoughts

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
I wonder where they got the idea for this?

They read about it on a Conspiracy Website.

Kaczynski has declined to voluntarily provide a DNA sample.

Good. Make them work for it.

Chicago FBI spokeswoman Cynthia Yates declined to say whether the agency would try to compel him to give one. She said the FBI is pursuing DNA from "numerous individuals" in the investigation, but declined to provide details about any of the others.

Maybe this was a 'cold case' that they had pushed to the side, but now have re-opened it. They have recently added many people to the list of possible suspects, but Kaczynski is the only name they released (or maybe his name was leaked out). Just a possibility.

This entire article, is actually quite peculiar.

U.S. Marshals Service is currently auctioning off items seized from Kaczynski's home.
An attempt to remind everyone of who he is, by tossing his name back into the news, in hopes of getting a little more cash out of his personal items?

Just speculating.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I don't see how any of it can't be related to the auctions after reading more. Kaczynski has repeatedly tried to block the sale of his items, or wanted the sale if it included ALL of his items and non redacted writings. The auction has gone on as planned by the government, but I just found this in a new article about the Tylenol case"

Kaczynski asserted that if he is a suspect and his DNA profile is related to the 1982 killings, "some of the evidence seized from my cabin in 1986 may turn out to be important," apparently referring to some of the objects up for auction.

abcnews.go.com...

That almost has to be a misprint and refers to 1996 instead of 1986, but sounds like he either really was involved, or more than likely he was using that excuse to prevent the auction.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
the theory has been around for some time.

unazod.com...

Following is the text of a letter sent to several major Chicago-area media outlets and the Chicago Police Department. It lists the major points for including Ted Kaczynski as a suspect in the Tylenol Murders of 1982.

and here:
unazod.com...

take time to read both links......

many people believe that the tylonol murders were "forgotten" as He was convicted of the bombing murders.

they do things funny in Chicago.

the famous Unabomber Manifesto:
www.provokateur.com...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This seems odd to me. I thought the Unabomber only targetted specific people.

Maybe they should compare the DNA against bin Laden's.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
This seems odd to me. I thought the Unabomber only targetted specific people.

I agree. Except for the airplane bomb he planted, everything I can find on him was targeting specific people. He didn't always get the one he targeted, but his attacks just didn't seem as random as the Tylenol attacks.

The above poster xuenchen posted this link and it makes some really interesting points about the Unabomber and anything related to wood and makes a connection to places the tainted Tylenol was placed.

It just still doesn't seem to me like his usual way of operating though.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
and don't forget...

we only know for sure what he was convicted of ...

we don't know what else he may have gotten away with !

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Do they have any proof that he did all these horrific things? Or was evidence tampered with to make it seem this guy was a prime suspect? I don't know about you, but he isn't your average trouble maker thug, or syndicate leader, but an Intelligent American Scholar.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I say he had nothing to do with it at all. Not his MO for one thing. That was almost 30 years ago. The person that did do it could even be dead by now. The FBI is just looking at every one at this point. They have little to go on and The Unabomber just happens to be on the list of the people they are looking at. Most likely he is at the bottom of the list and the only reason it is a news story is one it is a slow news day and his name is one most people know. It it just a bid to sell news and not much more. Now if they were looking at him for some unsolved bombings I would say yes he could be the one but not for the Tylenol deaths.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Actually there is good reason to suspect it was Kaczynski.
The water he drank in his remote Montana woods was POISONED with cyanide by miners and industrial workers. This could easily be his way of getting back at the Industrial Society for poisoning his precious drinking water.
ALSO, he claims to have never had cyanide. FALSE-- his neighbor Chris Waits wrote a fantastic book on the whole situation and his dogs were killed. Some stabbed to death. Others POISONED. Guess what... Kaczynski did have a white powder substance in his cabin at the time of apprehension. Could be cyanide. He HATED dogs. Always has. Wait's dogs used to growl at him and once a dog chased him while he was on his bike and he sped away---flailing his arms. He was really afraid of dogs.

A lot of people on here have never actually read any book about Ted Kaczynski but speak with certainty. I don't think he was like this... he only did such and such. His MO wouldn't allow this. blah blah blah

I suggest reading every book you can on him (there really aren't many) before speculating.

Also check out the Unazod site. Great site. A nice forum with a few hardworking investigators/members who are serious about investigating the Unabomber-Zodiac killings.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
And to add another telling bit of info:

Kaczynski said HIMSELF that he REALLY does not want his coded notes to be auctioned off because they would incriminate him in OTHER crimes.

^^ He admits right here that he is not only guilty of the Unabomber crimes!!!!

It's funny, like people just do not want to believe that he was involved in anything else. Like it would somehow turn their world upside down. The most important thing is finding out the TRUTH. To hell with people's world views and emotions... and how they want to see the Unabomber (as just the Unabomber-- when he could very well be so much more than that!)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
This report makes more sense than any other out there, IMHO
BREAKING: FBI Performs Damage Control for Big Pharma

top topics

join