It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When TSHTF, We Can Put it to Good Use.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Doctors say a fecal transplant saved a dying woman's life

It's a stinky subject. We flush it down the toilet without thinking twice. But what actually comes out the other end is no stinking matter. Doctors say these bacteria do wonderful things, things that can cure our bodies from superbugs. There are hundreds of different kinds of good bacteria in our bowel. The same type of bacteria or probiotics you find in yogurt. But would you be willing to take someone else's human waste and put it in your body? For Ellen Blackwell it was a no-brainer.

This is seriously some messed up s***. I guess everyone has their rough patches.

This is kind of a desperate measure to do this to yourself, but if your life is on the line I guess it's "inject s*** or die". It seems very counter-intuitive that something like this would work. Is this where holistic medicine meets 21st century medicine?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Uh yeah, and people look at me funny when I endorse colloidal silver. You keep your crap, I will keep my silver. Even by some freak accident and I turn blue, I would rather look like papa smurf than inject poo into my body..thats horribly nasty.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Dysbiosis is a horrible state of being. Even if you consume adequate nutritious food, without the microbial organisms to properly digest that food, you will starve to death!

I think fecal transplants are only a viable solution in dire situations; however, dysbiosis is often undiagnosed (or never diagnosed) for years.

I noticed my finger nails were looking very haggard, and all the "half moons" or light part near the cuticle had disappeared on all my digits except my thumbs. Long story short I eventually I figured out it was dysbiosis. I didn't need a fecal transplant though!

Probiotics, fish oil vitamin D and lots of collard and other greens as well as onions and mushrooms fixed me right up.

join