It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO caught by NBC... May 17,2011

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Incredible (with an ugly French accent), 6 flags for a couple of landing lights?
Because it's on NBC or what?
Just more food for the debunkers.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ZaphBot

Possibly a Cessna Landing? It's definitely an airplane (and time lapse, the moon moved too much for it to be real time, as other posters mentioned.)

ETA:

I think the first photo is a model, but here is the same thing on a real airplane.
edit on 5/19/11 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by dsm1664
reply to post by ZaphBot

Must have been moving very slowly, judging by the moons movement in the time-lapse.

Excellent point.

Let's get quantitative.

The moon moves about 1/3 its diameter in the course of the clip.

It's half a degree wide, so it moves 1/6 of a degree in that time.

The Earth rotates 360 deg (approx) in 24 hours,
15 degrees in one hour (60 minutes).

1 degree in four minutes.

1/6 of a degree in 4/6 minutes, or 40 seconds.

Something that takes the better part of 40 seconds to traverse the sky (if it's even in the sky
and not a reflection) doesn't look at all anomalous.

Thanks Jim.

So the lights in the video were shot over 40 seconds (roughly).... So highly likely to be an aeroplane.

edit on 20-5-2011 by dsm1664 because: sp

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The footage looks very impressive but immediately alarm bells start ringing when you realise the video has been sped up to make it look more credible. I would like to see the original video because I'm pretty sure this isn't the original video footage that the news team were playing. I don't think its a bug or a plane because we would have seen a blink of the aircraft lights, it does look like a set of headlights to me but can we say for sure what it is? No. I would stick with the UFO answer - I'm baffled.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It's clearly an approaching commercial jet. If you have flown (and I have) you would know that they have two extremely large and bright forward facing lights used for landing at night. It's not even a question.

And there are no navigation lights because you couldn't see them at this stage in its approach anyway!

It is not a Cessna landing because A) those two small lights behind the prop would look like a single light at that distance, and B) it is way WAY too small.

I also believe that the anchor stated it was time lapse. This was not a deliberate deception, yet people somehow missed everything the guy said.

What gets me is that nobody there on the set knew what it was. That is just embarrassing.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

What gets me is that nobody there on the set knew what it was. That is just embarrassing.

That's the clincher. Also quite how it managed to pass through a VT editor (who deals with all kinds of videos all day long, and will play them at various speeds for an edit, etc) as a real "possibility" is baffling.

Either someone in VT wanted to play a joke, or they were really struggling for news that day. Over the last few years the American news channels have made a much better advance in legitimate reporting on UFOs/aliens, but this report was totally unnecessary. Maybe the station covers some well known area of hicks - for the rest though it is like you say, just embarrassing.

Maybe they were taking part in the "Anonymous" UFO hoax?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join