It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday church: Still open for business

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Doomsday church: Still open for business

money.cnn.com

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- By now, you've probably heard of the religious group that's predicting the end of the world starts this weekend.

Harold Camping and his devoted followers claim a massive earthquake will mark the second coming of Jesus, or so-called Judgment Day on Saturday, May 21, ushering in a five month period of catastrophes before the world comes to a complete end in October.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 19-5-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
well the world maybe be ending but their not ready to close up shop just yet...
the business end Family Radio, is perfectly happy to take your money -- and in fact, received $80 million in contributions between 2005 and 2009. and they want more!!!

So listen friends it's great that you've accepted Jesus Christ and know your going to heaven... but when you get there where ya gonna stay???
surely you don't want to be stuck in no heaven trailer park...
no sir for just a small contribution (Everything you got) we'll get you reservations to the Heaven Hilton...
No checks please just send cash and bonds payable to little old me...
Daddybare

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
any end time church that asks for money is not real! For it is greed based only, not spirit nor sole saving, and is for the fear, spreading lies, and asking you to "drink the cool aid" so if you fall for this hype then get your just desserts.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I thought May 21st was the rapture with Oct. 21st being judgement? Now May is the judgement day and October is rapture? Doesn't rapture come before judgement?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
If this people are too stupid to figure out that Camping's lying to them then they need to be robbed. Or maybe that's just my opinion

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Regarding God: "He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money!" George Carlin.

Doesn't the bible say that man will not know when the great tribulation and judgment day will occur, and that is the importance of living your life according to Jesus? If one man could know when Christ is returning, then everyone could live like rockstars and then repent on their sins 1 minute before judgment and be saved. Oh wait...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
What book were they reading that they believe Camping ? Bible says no man knoweth the day, time or hour. Why do they believe a crazy, senile old man that said the same thing twice ? Do people have no common sense ? Jesus doesn't always need money, correction Camping needs money for his needs.

The lord loves a cheerful giver but he didn't say throw away your life. Hopefully these people commit hari-kari with a shotgun. Somebody has to have common sense, then again.....
edit on 19-5-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
If this people are too stupid to figure out that Camping's lying to them then they need to be robbed. Or maybe that's just my opinion

nope mine to, if you cant see through this guys act then you deserve losing your money

i mean cmon

i did one search for this guy and it states he predicted end of the world in 1994 or somrthing

duh

wake up followers

edit on 19-5-2011 by wedidgothacked because: typo

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

no one can know the time of jesus' return. it is possible to know when the tribulation will start though.

that being said, these guys are money grubbing idiots.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

It's as simple as this. We humans are a stupid bunch.
Out of this bunch emerge two types of people.
Those who do what they can to help us be not so stupid
and those who find advantage in keeping us stupid.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Lets be fair... and say this is not about religion...

But we all know the first rule of confidence scams say you play on the victims fears or hopes... this old fraud is doing both and probably laughing all the way to the back... with 80 million in pocket he got a lot to laugh about too...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I completely agree. I noticed a figure of $80 million of donations between 2005 and 2009 in another post, these people know exactly how to prey and the gullible.

Will Harry Campling have a red face on sunday morning? Definately, but it wont be from embarrasment due to another failed prediction.It will be from the copious amounts of alcohol drank in celebrating another successfull scam.

new topics

join