It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While Obama Promises Billions To Egypt, Ron Paul Outlines His Plan For Sanity In The Oval Office

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I hold out hope citizens aren't the only ones that start to see the method in his madness. Could you imagine if congress got on board and woke up? We would have an entirely new (actually old, heh) republic that actually functioned.

So.... if RP is fighting for the 'old republic'..... does that make him a Knight of the Old Republic?

joking aside...

I never really cared about politics until about..... 8 months ago or so. I've never trusted the gov. I guess you could say I've lived my life in a 'semi-anarchic' way... I say that because I have always done what i wanted to do regardless of what the law is or what the rules are... but i still have **some** respect for 'authority'. When I started reading more and more about what is really going on.... I really think RP needs to be president.... as long as he isn't lying through his teeth and honestly means everything he preaches, I think he would do alot of good for this country.

I've been able to vote for 2 elections so far in my life, didn't vote in either one... but i'm voting in 2012.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gabbermatt

Knight of the Old Republic! That's great! If only George Lucas got on his payroll, maybe he could use that as his campaign slogan.

"Don't join the dark side; vote for the Knights of the Old Republic!"

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by gorgi
Apparently Dr.Paul does not realize that slashing pending during a hard economic time the economy will get far worse. There is a reason that no sane person takes him seriously.

Dr. Paul's understanding of economics comes from his study of Friedrich Hayek, Ludwig von Mises, and Milton Friedman, all clearly insane
. I'm pretty sure Dr. Paul has at least an order of magnitude better understanding of economic principles than you, as observed by your comment.

/TOA

You're a fool.

Try the Austrian School of Economics for Ron Paul.

This is comparison to Keynesian Economic's that the Democrat Party (US) and the Labour Party (UK) worship...

All republicans love Keynes too, Ron Paul is the only Austrian that I can think of and maybe Gary Johnson, but I'm not too sure about Gary though.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

It only affects the bloated government employees.

They are living on Tax money now, what difference if they are on unemployment or welfare?

Only someone who cares nothing about this country would continue spending and increasing the size of government.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Amen. Dr Paul may be this nations last chance for survival. If things continue as they are the coming financial catastrophe will destroy us. Honestly though, I do not see TPTB allowing Ron Paul to get elected. If he somehow did, they would kill him and blame Al-Queda or something.

Exactly what I thought, if he gets too aggressive and starts things like getting rid of the Fed and pulling the CIA and NSA to bits, even tries to make them accountable we can bet that he'll end up like JFK (may his soul rest in peace) Kennedy was the best president you guys ever had but there are some dark evil forces within the confines of the US administration as well as in the Pentagon and it would take another Kennedy or a man like him who's a bit less naive to weed that scum out.
Lets hope Ron Paul is the man.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Originally posted by WatchRider

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by gorgi
Apparently Dr.Paul does not realize that slashing pending during a hard economic time the economy will get far worse. There is a reason that no sane person takes him seriously.

Dr. Paul's understanding of economics comes from his study of Friedrich Hayek, Ludwig von Mises, and Milton Friedman, all clearly insane
. I'm pretty sure Dr. Paul has at least an order of magnitude better understanding of economic principles than you, as observed by your comment.

/TOA

You're a fool.

Try the Austrian School of Economics for Ron Paul.

This is comparison to Keynesian Economic's that the Democrat Party (US) and the Labour Party (UK) worship...

All republicans love Keynes too, Ron Paul is the only Austrian that I can think of and maybe Gary Johnson, but I'm not too sure about Gary though.

The Republicans like supply-side economics,, which is another joke. Paul is the only one crazy enough to follow the Austrian school of thought.

Also there is a reason as to why Keynes is considered the worlds greatest economist.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdocpublishing
reply to post by gorgi

It only affects the bloated government employees.

They are living on Tax money now, what difference if they are on unemployment or welfare?

Only someone who cares nothing about this country would continue spending and increasing the size of government.

The Federal government is not all that bloated. Another incorrect notion.
The Federal employees that Paul would get rid of would make the unemployment level jump through the roof. I suppose we need more unemployment.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabbermatt

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I hold out hope citizens aren't the only ones that start to see the method in his madness. Could you imagine if congress got on board and woke up? We would have an entirely new (actually old, heh) republic that actually functioned.

So.... if RP is fighting for the 'old republic'..... does that make him a Knight of the Old Republic?

Ah,..there's no sin in ignoring politics, I was the same until I realised that Politics is about US our future our lives but when we realise that these dudes cannot be trusted, everything changes.

joking aside...

I never really cared about politics until about..... 8 months ago or so. I've never trusted the gov. I guess you could say I've lived my life in a 'semi-anarchic' way... I say that because I have always done what i wanted to do regardless of what the law is or what the rules are... but i still have **some** respect for 'authority'. When I started reading more and more about what is really going on.... I really think RP needs to be president.... as long as he isn't lying through his teeth and honestly means everything he preaches, I think he would do alot of good for this country.

I've been able to vote for 2 elections so far in my life, didn't vote in either one... but i'm voting in 2012.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join