It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While Obama Promises Billions To Egypt, Ron Paul Outlines His Plan For Sanity In The Oval Office

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The only hope for the Republicans to take the White House is in Ron Paul. He has the right priorities, and he doesn't offend all seniors (the group that votes).

The other republicans have decided to take the tact of placing the entire weight of getting control of the national debt square on the backs of seniors. Seniors paid into medicare and social security all their lives and Republicans want to ignore all obligations to them and throw them on the trash heap.

What the Republicans fail to remember is that the group that turns out in force at the ballot box is seniors. Young people make a lot of noise but don't vote. If you want to see Obama re-elected by a landslide, continue trashing the old folks.

Ron Paul is the ONLY hope the Republicans have at taking the White House in the next election.
edit on 20-5-2011 by romanmel because: typo

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Why don't we stop spending on foreign and start spending domestically? I never understood the fact that we are on a #ing bail out still spending money like we are paris hilton.

WTF????

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Arsenis

Exactly. Surely everyone can understand the concept: We DON'T have money to waste.

Everyday Americans are doing this. People are cutting back on non-essential spending...cancelling top tier cable packages, driving less, eating in more, etc. Government needs to do the same.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I said it the day Ron Paul conceded the last Republican Nomination and I'll say it again today
... Ron Paul 2012!
edit on 20-5-2011 by tyranny22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
Apparently Dr.Paul does not realize that slashing pending during a hard economic time the economy will get far worse. There is a reason that no sane person takes him seriously.

stupid argument. basically you are saying we can't do the right thing because it is hard. the excuses to spend freely will always be there; get the economy going, keep the economy going. the right thing is always the hardest. the money addicts in DC have to go to rehab.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Tonosama because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
While I won't get into the arguements about economic policies (because I'm not an economist...lol) I will say that compared to the '08 run up to the elections it seems Ron Paul is getting a *little* more respect in the MSM. Last time it was all "he's a kook" etc... When he announced his candidacy this time around he at least had a chance to speak his mind instead of being all but ignored like last time. Of course I must admit that when he announced his candidacy I saw it on Fox News (hey, it was on in the office, don't worry, I'm not a drone...lol)

To the Repubs that *don't* like Paul, at least he's more credible than Trump!
To the Dems that *don't* like Paul, would you rather Obama run against someone else?

--Apex

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by hbarker

You have asked the most cogent question. The MSM has already ruled out any chance the Dr Paul can win the White House. Even Fox News, which generally will give balance reportingm, has already ruled that the good Dr has no chance.
Why? Because he is not charasmatic enough. They say he tends to ramble in his interviews, but my observation is that whoever is doing the interview constantly interrupts Dr Paul in order to keep him from making his point.
Those of us who truly believe this little giant is the salvation of this country must start a grassroots movement to get the word out.
I have looked closely at the candidates, and Dr Paul is the only one who doesn't have personal baggage(like Newt) or political baggage(like Mitt.)
There's always a lot of bluster on this board about what's wrong with every thing in the world and what you will do about it. It's time to get off our butts and away from our computers and get to work. Put up or shut up!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I understand ATS in general is a big fan of Ron Paul. To be honest, I like the guy and think he has some very good ideas as well.

The problem is, he's like the old weak wolf in the pack, who's wisdom would make him the best leader, and would make decisions that would look to the future, and would benefit the pack as a whole.

The other political figures are like the young, egotistical, aggressive, power hungry wolves who will not hesitate to kill him just to lead the pack to further themselves personally or financially.

Sadly, he doesnt stand a chance. Anyone who thinks he could ever be president is an idealist, and is failing to see the realistic side of the political arena.

Remeber how people were so hyped up about Obama? Hope and change right? His exciting ideas were going to change the world!

Hmmmm......four years later, no hope, no change.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDevilOfLies

I understand what you are saying and I'm not going to deny any of it. However what I will add is that if the proper steps ARE taken then all your worries would be nullified. Also I believe that anything that the people REALLY need cannot and would not be taken away.

I know that I may be thinking wishfully but I tend to think that there IS such a thing as redemption.

I really appreciate your reply to my post as it most definitely adds food-for-thought! I hope that if Paul does get into office that none of those things happen however there is the need for a shakeup.

There needs to be a revolution in the higher ranks for something positive to happen.

+1 star for your opinion and information.

Respect,

-AS-

edit on 20-5-2011 by AeonStorm because: star

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tonosama

Apparently Dr.Paul does not realize that slashing pending during a hard economic time the economy will get far worse. There is a reason that no sane person takes him seriously.

stupid argument. basically you are saying we can't do the right thing because it is hard. the excuses to spend freely will always be there; get the economy going, keep the economy going. the right thing is always the hardest. the money addicts in DC have to go to rehab.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Tonosama because: (no reason given)

I am not saying that. I am saying he cant do it because he has the wrong ideas and refuses to listen to people who do.
The money isnt printed freely. There s a whole process to it, not just some dude who came into work and decided that he wanted to print an extra billion dollars.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I always vote Republican because I am a big supporter of the 2nd amendment. My plan was to vote for whom ever was running against Obama for that reason alone. I believe that is the only thing left keeping American living in a free country. Who doesn't know the media is bought and paid for. Free speech? lol If you say something harmless but still something somebody doesn't like then you could be an extremist.

Ron Paul is a lunatic though. This week it was we may attempt to occupy Pakistan. The guy is a political terrorist. Normally that's Nancey Pelosi and Harry Ried pulling that stuff. There is no way I could vote for that guy either. And If we have a three way race which make no mistake. The dems want that in the worst way. The Dems will win.

I favor the Tea Party personally. I like that American got fed up for being over taxed and they were talking about taxing more. So they created a Party. And to say they are racist or extremists is another example of political terrorism. making you fear the opponent through baseless lies is pathetic and it's the demo crates strategy. harry reid admitted when he didn't know his mic was on. Is a lot different than informing the people about your opponent.. Even If I like the Ron Paul's idea. It doesn't matter none of them ever do what they're going to say. It seem's lose lose. unless the republican's can find someone that's not a clown. Am I the only one that is sick of politics? We need simple steps taken that can't be taken because both sides have to slip some horrible pet project into the bill.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If only this country was smart enough to elect a guy like Ron Paul...
I hope he gives Obama a serious run for his money. It's a shame he'll never win.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Ask yourself this LARGE question. Why is it we are BROKE, yet we give monies to other countries, ARE WE BRIBING THEM? we are f#n broke.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by civilchallenger

The case in point is your idea of economics. Lets say I'm a poor guy named John, and I have a family of five to feed. I'm going through economic hard times and may lose my job.

Hey John

Minimum wage is now gone,

I will hire you for half the price of what you used to make

Hey John

the entire market wage floor has dropped, I can justify paying you a third of what you once made

Hey John

Your creditors and service providers banned together and retro actively tacked on an adjusting interest rate
onto all of your bills if you breach, any term of any contract you have executed or are liable for.

Hey John

there are a lot of things that come with the package that remain unsaid

As Ron Paul admits, there will be A LOT that congress wouldn't go for. Everything he's for, being as honest as he is, wouldn't go into effect. He wouldn't kill off all government, and he probably wouldn't be greatly successful in making it smaller, or killing most social programs.

What he does say he'll do, Day 1 in office, is bring troops home though. He says he will kill our foreign policy, and keep the money here. That alone is enough for me to vote for him.

Like it says in the article; There are 2 extreme sides running government right now, one more extreme(-100), and one less extreme(-50), so they meet in the middle(-75). Ron wants to be in that equation. We need someone at 0 or +0, to bring that average up. Imagine if we weren't in the negative anymore!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

"...Obama Promises Billions To Egypt..."

Øbama promising Billion$ to Egypt or even Libya or Israel is not bankrupting the nation...
It is a scheme to prolong the international standing of the (much devalued) USD
by flooding these parts of the world with a symbol of wealth and valuable aid.

Ron Paul can indeed fight to have his proposals put into policy...so that the present USD system can survive for a time or two.
Its sad to say... the demise of the USA financial health is not reversable no matter the ammount of wealth thrown at the problem... RP's task is a foregone conclusion...only the unprotected masses will feel the force of austerity measures, wage and price controls, rationing of resources and standards of living we once expected as a 'right'...

the sun has set, the darkness multiplies with nary an adequate street lamp nearby

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I have agreed with Ron Paul's views for some time now. I will definitely be voting for him because he has laid out a decisive plan to help this country.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I didn't know this was a Ron Paul thread?

If you all have nothing more to comment about "Masssive Riots in Spain", then can you please move on over to the appropriate thread. Thanks..
I'm not going to waste my time backtracking to find out when this went off track from the OP.
G'bye!

Sorry. Clicked on the wrong title!
edit on 20-5-2011 by Starling because: Rectifying my mistake.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join