It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While Obama Promises Billions To Egypt, Ron Paul Outlines His Plan For Sanity In The Oval Office

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+57 more 
posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
How I would put the Constitution back in the Oval Office
by Ron Paul

1) Reduce overall federal spending

2) Prioritize cuts in oversize expenditures, especially the military

3) Prioritize cuts in corporate welfare

4) Use 50 percent of the savings from cuts in overseas spending to shore up entitlement programs for those who are dependent on them and the other 50 percent to pay down the debt

5) Provide for reduction in federal bureaucracy and lay out a plan to return responsibility for education to the states

6) Begin transitioning entitlement programs from a system where all Americans are forced to participate into one where taxpayers can opt out of the programs and make their own provisions for retirement and medical care

www.lewrockwell.com...

Here's one part that I really liked as well:

I am the moderate; those who believe that America can afford this bloated government are the extremists.”

Now how true is that, a very poignant and honest statement that hits you right in the belly!

The article written by Ron Paul is a fairly long one, but it explains quite a bit what his plans are and how he would both implement and prioritize them.

It's a great article, please read it in it's entirety and post your comments.

Thx

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Yep, RP for President.
Nero, eerr I mean Obama fiddles while Rome, aaahhh America burns to the ground.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Amen. Dr Paul may be this nations last chance for survival. If things continue as they are the coming financial catastrophe will destroy us. Honestly though, I do not see TPTB allowing Ron Paul to get elected. If he somehow did, they would kill him and blame Al-Queda or something.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

This pure madness, while the government keeps loading the tax payer with all the debt they have gotten the government into and cutting on programs we are to applaud every time they create an office and give away tax dollars to foreign nations.

Madness I tell you, pure madness

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I don't like Ron Paul will be considering running on the Republican ticket, but if that's the only way to get him into office, then so be it.........so far, he's got my vote.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Yep, RP for President.

You sir are obviously a dis-info agent of cointelpro. The messiah does not play the fiddle or violin! He golfs or goes on multiple vacations, get your facts straight.

No offense intended macman

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Ron Paul *IS* America's *ONLY* hope for it's continued survival. Things have gotten way out of hand in the government. They act like everything is just like it has been for the past 50 years. Guess what, it's not! You can't hand billions of dollars over to other nations when your own country is sinking! Get a clue politicians! They should all (minus a very few) be tried and hanged for their destruction of America.

Ron Paul, 2012. Make it so. If not, I swear I'll personally give you all wedgies!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Non taken.
I like it.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Yep, RP for President.

You sir are obviously a dis-info agent of cointelpro. The messiah does not play the fiddle or violin! He golfs or goes on multiple vacations, get your facts straight.

No offense intended macman

He shoots hoops with the secret service and then chills on the bench afterwords with a few Marlboro's.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pctoolbin

As far as I'm concerned, a label is nothing more than that. It's not what you're called that matters, it's what you say and how you act upon those words. I don't care if he runs under the Purple Unicorn party.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I get so confused when people from all sides tear him down for basically trying to steer us away from becoming the USSR. Bloated government, centralized legislation, war economy... this is what killed USSR. Macman mentioned Rome and that's pretty much the same concept as the USSR. Expand, make laws, expand, make laws, expand, oh crap we're collapsing!

I hold out hope citizens aren't the only ones that start to see the method in his madness. Could you imagine if congress got on board and woke up? We would have an entirely new (actually old, heh) republic that actually functioned.

Don't blame the Obamas or the Bushes for how things are now. It's everybody's fault that we run an entire continent from one freakin' building. Who knows? If this happened 30 years ago, Bush and Obama might have been totally different presidents!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I wish that we did not have the Bushs or Obama as president.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I found this very interesting

Only Congress can directly abolish government departments, but the president could use his managerial powers to shrink the federal bureaucracy by refusing to fill vacancies created by retirements or resignations. This would dramatically reduce the number of federal officials wasting our money and taking our liberties.

One test to determine if a vacant job needs to be filled is the “essential employees test.” Whenever D.C. has a severe snowstorm, the federal government orders all “non-essential” federal personal to stay home. If someone is classified as non-essential for snow-day purposes, the country can probably survive if that position is not filled when the jobholder quits or retires. A constitutionalist president should make every day in D.C. like a snow day!

This makes alot of sense
There are way too many non-essential jobs on the federal level that we can do without.

Do you agree? Is this a good tactic?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Apparently Dr.Paul does not realize that slashing pending during a hard economic time the economy will get far worse. There is a reason that no sane person takes him seriously.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
Apparently Dr.Paul does not realize that slashing pending during a hard economic time the economy will get far worse. There is a reason that no sane person takes him seriously.

It's important to read the entire article before commenting.

Of course, just as the welfare-warfare state was not constructed in 100 days, it could not be dismantled in the first 100 days of any presidency.

While our goal is to reduce the size of the state as quickly as possible, we should always make sure our immediate proposals minimize social disruption and human suffering.
Thus, we should not seek to abolish the social safety net overnight because that would harm those who have grown dependent on government-provided welfare.

Instead, we would want to give individuals who have come to rely on the state time to prepare for the day when responsibility for providing aide is returned to those organizations best able to administer compassionate and effective help — churches and private charities.

Reading is fundamental~!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Oh yeah, Gordi is back.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

It's important to read the entire article before commenting.

Of course, just as the welfare-warfare state was not constructed in 100 days, it could not be dismantled in the first 100 days of any presidency.

While our goal is to reduce the size of the state as quickly as possible, we should always make sure our immediate proposals minimize social disruption and human suffering.
Thus, we should not seek to abolish the social safety net overnight because that would harm those who have grown dependent on government-provided welfare.

Instead, we would want to give individuals who have come to rely on the state time to prepare for the day when responsibility for providing aide is returned to those organizations best able to administer compassionate and effective help — churches and private charities.

Reading is fundamental~!

1) Reduce overall federal spending

2) Prioritize cuts in oversize expenditures, especially the military

3) Prioritize cuts in corporate welfare

4) Use 50 percent of the savings from cuts in overseas spending to shore up entitlement programs for those who are dependent on them and the other 50 percent to pay down the debt

5) Provide for reduction in federal bureaucracy and lay out a plan to return responsibility for education to the states

6) Begin transitioning entitlement programs from a system where all Americans are forced to participate into one where taxpayers can opt out of the programs and make their own provisions for retirement and medical care

I did read. I see you must not have. What is the his number one point in the quote ? C'mon, do not be shy. Its reduce overall federal spending. That would be a major cut to the GDP and to peoples jobs, and there wont be a place to transfer those jobs over either. Dr. Paul sounds like he has America at heart.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Oh yeah, Gordi is back.

Its me!!! And there is no "d" in my name.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

You're funny.
So we should just keep spending money that we don't have?

How much do they pay you for this?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

That would be a major cut to the GDP and to peoples jobs, and there wont be a place to transfer those jobs over either.

My friend, while government jobs do "contribute" to GDP. The taxes taken to pay for those government jobs are a net loss to the economy. That tax money could be used for much more productive purposes. Productivity generally declines as the tax rate increases, as people choose to work less. The higher the tax rate, the more time people spend evading taxes and the less time they spend on more productive activity. So the lower the tax rate, the higher the value of all the goods and services produced. Government tax revenue does not necessarily increase as the tax rate increases. The government will earn more tax income at 1% rate than at 0%, but they will not earn more at 100% than they will at 10%, due to the disincentives high tax rates cause. Thus there is a peak tax rate where government revenue is highest. Point being, that cutting government jobs and reducing taxes will eventually lead to more private sector jobs which are more of an overall help to the economy. Well, this should "normally" be the case. However thanks to globalization and various free trade agreements, those jobs will be created just not here in the US. We have our wonderful politicians(of both parties) to thank for that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join