It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukishima and fresh produce in the USA and the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Since the media is in a total blackout, I haven't been able to find any accurate and well sourced information on current radiation hazards in the USA, and the rest of the world for that matter. Has anyone read any credible, recent, well sourced articles with information on radiation levels in things like California produce? Produce, beef, milk etc. in other parts of the US and the world?

Thanks!
edit on 19-5-2011 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I can tell you that I eat nothing from Japan, and I don't eat seafood caught in the Pacific ocean. Now that they finally say that a total meltdown happened at at leat two of the reactors, all that radiation went into the ocean and sky, so that land of Japan is toxic, and the fish in the Pacific are glowing like lightbulbs.

edit on 19-5-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

I don't know if you seen this site yet?
www.radiationnetwork.com...

Some people with equipment set up.

OnlyLove.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

This is a damned good question, and something I am worried about currently.

There has been extraordinarily strong winds and constant showers the last 2 weeks here on the west coast of England. I have been wondering if this hasn't been manipulated so that the strong winds and rainfall does maximum damage as far as fallout is concerned.

I mean, who the hell do you ask for real-time (and truthful) information like this?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Look fish here ..
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnlyLove

I don't know if you seen this site yet?
www.radiationnetwork.com...

Some people with equipment set up.

OnlyLove.

Can someone else confirm that I am reading the information on this site properly, in my assessment that's based on the given readings; there doesn't seem to be any radiation-level issues anywhere in Japan, Hawaii & Alaska, Europe or North America?

That just doesn't seem correct, given the information all over the internet about at least 2 of the reactors at Fukushima going into meldown...

Thanks and best,

R

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
I can tell you that I eat nothing from Japan, and I don't eat seafood caught in the Pacific ocean. Now that they finally say that a total meltdown happened at at leat two of the reactors, all that radiation went into the ocean and sky, so that land of Japan is toxic, and the fish in the Pacific are glowing like lightbulbs.

edit on 19-5-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

I'm there with you. I won't be buying ANYTHING from Japan, let alone an produce or fish, and it will be a loooooooooooong time before I buy an fresh Pacific seafood. It's a darn shame, because I love Alaskan salmon and Pacific halibut and cod, and wild Pacific seafood, at least before the Fukishima disaster, is generally healthier than farm raised Atlantic Salmon and other seafood.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NibiruWarrior

I watch radiation network almost daily, and despite the elevated readings in Colorado that are from radon gas and uranium ore in the rocks, overall background radiation has been normal. What they need to test for is specific isotopes in actual produce, chicken, beef etc. Are they even doing that in the US???

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The other day Walmart had a sweet deal on strawberries. I usually don't buy them because they are too expensive for my tastes. But at $1.49 for a pound box, I snatched them up on impulse. (They were in prominent display.)

Back at home in my internet ramblings I accidently came across a chart put up by the U. of Calif at Berkeley that tested radiation in five field produce varieties. By far, the worst infected was strawberries. That is what sent me to the 'fridge to check where my strawberries came from. You guessed it, California!

Now, was that simply a coincidence or merely a clever marketing ploy by Walmart?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
www.myweathertech.com...

www.nuc.berkeley.edu...

That looks somewhat encouraging; the levels for most isotopes decreased with time as they were tested in top soil, grass, and fresh produce.

Aside from cesium isotopes, most of these other isotopes have half lives in roughly 2 to 10 days.

It's so hard to get accurate info. about the radiation hazards from the Fukishima disaster because there's so much blatant fear mongering, outright lying, and disinfo being put out to scare the # out of people.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You can go here to see an interview with Professor Christopher Busby from the European Committee on Radiation Risks. rt.com...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
The other day Walmart had a sweet deal on strawberries. I usually don't buy them because they are too expensive for my tastes. But at $1.49 for a pound box, I snatched them up on impulse. (They were in prominent display.)

Back at home in my internet ramblings I accidently came across a chart put up by the U. of Calif at Berkeley that tested radiation in five field produce varieties. By far, the worst infected was strawberries. That is what sent me to the 'fridge to check where my strawberries came from. You guessed it, California!

Now, was that simply a coincidence or merely a clever marketing ploy by Walmart?

No, that's the scary part. I saw the same 1.49 deals at Kroger's as well as HEB and Wal-Mart, for a while now, and still at that price. Their big, beautiful, plenty in the container, and they are ALL from California. I saw the same report as you online about the strawberries. Very scary. Why are they on sale right now...hmmmm....could be seasonal...or could be.....hmmm
edit on 19-5-2011 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
See this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
Fukushima will not be uner control until at LEAST January 2012 www.guardian.co.uk...

Radiation saturation 5/11 & 5/12

at this site www.dutchsinse.com...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
See this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
Fukushima will not be uner control until at LEAST January 2012 www.guardian.co.uk...

Radiation saturation 5/11 & 5/12

at this site www.dutchsinse.com...

you're using dutchsise as a legitimate source? LMAO. That guy B S has been thoroughly 100% debunked. He asks for donations so he can "smoke big blunts" with his homeys.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Read the description of that video. Dutchy can't even do basic math.

edit on 19-5-2011 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Why is this milk contamination significant? Milk, of course, typically represents the overall condition of the food chain because cows consume grass and are exposed to the same elements as food crops and water supplies. In other words, when cows' milk starts testing positive for high levels of radioactive elements, this is indicative of radioactive contamination of the entire food supply.
EPA data sheets reveal that the agency was never testing for uranium or plutonium, and none of its water supply tests involved testing for anything other than radioactive Iodine-131. But everything is just fine, they say, and further testing is unnecessary.
Water may be the least of our problems, however. New EPA data just released on Sunday shows that at least three different milk samples -- all from different parts of the US -- have tested positive for radioactive Iodine-131 at levels that exceed the EPA maximum thresholds for safety, which is currently set at 3.0 pico Curies per Liter (pCi/l).

www.naturalnews.com...
and
www.naturalnews.com...

and...

REALTIME radiation monitoring maps, take a look at Texas and Las Vegas and Colorado, South Dakota, New Mexico.

http://(nolink)/2011/03/19/realtime-epa-japan-nuclear-fallout-radiation-graphs-west-coast-cities-9228/

Go ahead, LYAO as much as you want and believe the MSM as much as you want.

top topics

join