It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs.. The Wolf in All of us!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I just took my dog for a walk and was pondering over something. All breeds of dog are generally accepted to have evolved from wolves, we can see this through DNA investigation. All dogs are wild at heart even though most of their world population are now domestic. We can see their love for the wild when we take them for walks, they love getting dirty and rolling around on the ground. They take joy in being outside in the wild!

Going back quite a long time ago before we became domestic we used to be wild also! Many people still feel the urge to be outside in nature and don't care about getting dirty. Many people also feel uncomfortable in clothes and uncomfortable being surrounded by artificialness and technology.

There is a wolf in every single one of us and its dying to get out!

Release your inner wild side once in a while!

(Not the original but just as awesome ^^)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

I feel ya. Actually getting out to the Keys as soon as I can.
Gonna howl some myself. Peace bro - keep up the wilding.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I can't resist. I experience the wolf in me every morning... My dogs getting ready to go out for their morning exercise.

Chorus of Dog
edit on 5/19/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
LOL I get talked to all the time at work for doing that, I hate shoes, and run around without them all the time! Kind of hard for me to take the boss seriously when I catch him doing it too!

OMG BH, If they are yours, they are beautiful!!!!
edit on 19-5-2011 by chiefsmom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Fun post

Some breeds, or you could say naturally occurring small dogs such as Shih Tzu*, are said to be evolved from small hunting dogs, rather than wolves, which may or may not been from bigger canids. Not much know on these small hunting dogs. besides what is studied from remains...

Professor von Schulmuth studied canine origins by studying the skeletal remains of dogs found in human settlements of Tibet. A genealogical tree of Tibetan dogs shows the "Gobi Desert Kitchen Midden Dog" evolved into the "Small Soft-Coated Drop-Eared Hunting Dog". From this dog evolved the Tibetan Spaniel, Pekingese, and Japanese Chin. Another "Kitchen Midden Dog" branch produces the Pug and Shih Tzu dogs.
small dog history-bottom of page

All in all, size doesn't matter, they are still canines

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

im with you on this one duder.

top topics

join