It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

another question for the post apocolyptic female...

page: 2
1
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I wouldn't be able to get pregnant, but I would TRY. For the sake of humanity, I would try over and over again. With various partners if necessary... for humanity.

Seriously, no. I would not be interested in saving the species if it came to that point.



I've been spayed, but I'm willing to try...






posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
ohhhh for the love of god, well at least 1 person got what I was on about anyway. Might aswell just close this one since people dont seem to intellectual enough to generate a relevant response


+This was in response to Daddybare btw
edit on 19-5-2011 by Idonthaveabeard because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Not a chance !! Its men that started all these wars in the first place, why would we want to spoil what would be left of it......Us women will stick together !! We certainly wouldn't fight everything in sight just to see who's got the biggest todger !! LOL .....sorry, i couldn't resist.



And to Rocky Black - shopping ? LMAO talk about sterio-typing women !!



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think that unless i was completely sure that there was no danger whatsover and the coast was clear to get pregnant and actually carry full term, i would. I wouldnt risk my life being pregnant and running around with something growing inside of me. That would just slow me down and slow the guy who impregnated me down. Selfish and very dumb. Unless he was some big strong man protecting me and kicking some @ss then i would. Think JCVD in Cyborg



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteMagicWoman

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I wouldn't be able to get pregnant, but I would TRY. For the sake of humanity, I would try over and over again. With various partners if necessary... for humanity.

Seriously, no. I would not be interested in saving the species if it came to that point.



I've been spayed, but I'm willing to try...










LOL LOL LOL That really made me laugh out very loud !!

2nd.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard
 


If you would make a well thought out thread, with research and opinion you would get quality responses.

Apparently ATS is just a sounding board for your teenage questions. (You may be older, but that is a teenage question.)

Sorry, people will pro-create after the apocolypse (assuming there are people left). Does that meet your standards for a quality post? You sure didn't meet mine for a quality thread.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
Lol at ppl think im trying to get some end of world sex


Was just watching some documentary and it said for survival of human race any female..........


the title of your thread is ANOTHER question for post......

which implies to me that you read the other thread that is on currently on the new topic list and decided to ask ANOTHER question (your title is even the same)..
now you say you had just watched a documentary about it..

yeah right. i think your after the single woman of ats..



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
If it was in the setting of a human community that gathered and rebuilt from the ashes of a world wide disaster, then yes. As a lone survivor out in the charred wilderness, then no.

AND it would be with my husband only. Not some 'random dude' out to spread his seed then disappear.

Being a lone pregnant woman in a post apocalyptic world would be suicide.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
ok you got me women in tin foil hats..... I just dunno what it is about them


Anyway your halfright, I did see that other thread which then reminded me of what I watched and on that program they made it sound like it would just be an everyday thing. Like some group leaders decide they need to reproduce then all the women are like yea lets do it. I just wanted to get the female perspective of that situation...


Originally posted by adigregorio
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard
 


If you would make a well thought out thread, with research and opinion you would get quality responses.

Apparently ATS is just a sounding board for your teenage questions. (You may be older, but that is a teenage question.)

Sorry, people will pro-create after the apocolypse (assuming there are people left). Does that meet your standards for a quality post? You sure didn't meet mine for a quality thread.


Maybe I should have put my opinion fair enough, but research?? Exactly how and where would I research woman having post apocolyptic romps or 'panic sex' as someone else put it



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard
 


What about that documentary you mentioned?

What about using the internets? Why not use your critical thinking skills, and type out what you think?

I mean, a one/two line question? Why not just add it to the other thread? Since you couldn't be bothered to think out a larger more topic filled thread.
edit on 5/19/2011 by adigregorio because: comp acting up, added: out a larger more topic filled thread. (Sorry!!!!)



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD
 


Not on your own, in a group of survivors so yes youve probably established a settlement/camp by the time babies are back on the agenda. But for arguments sake I was saying from the view point that your husband wouldnt be there, so it would be with a random or 'Alpha male' of the group.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio
 


The documentary was actually that alien invasion thing on nat geo, they said for humans to turn it into a long term battle they would have to add to their army and therefore start bangin out kids. Then suddenly it switched to a shot of a woman with a bump. I figured a similar situation would happen post apocolypse.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard
 


Still no. lol

My 2 requirements would be:

1). In a rebuilt civilized setting.
2). With a permanent mate.

So not even an alpha male in a secure setting. I'm just not into the 'spreading of the seed for the sake of spreading the seed' type of relationship. Call me a romantic. LOL!

Not to mention, not sure what kind of genetic defects would result with the same father of multiple children in a community. Then those 'paternally related' children would mate. Then we'd have a mutant community.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard
 


Wow dude your reaching with this one.


First of all you need to lay a little ground work.

If all were dead and you were the only one left the girls are not gonna want to have sex.

Do you not know anything about women.

That will be the last thing on their mind.

If you were trying to get a woman to carry on the gene pool first off you would need to romance here and take her shopping.

That is the way you get the booty.

Women like to be brough out shopping whether it isa for apples off the tree or a new gucci bag. Tkae them shopping let them put on some sexy dresses and clothes let them feel their inner beauty. They all have it if they are ugly or not they just need to feel the love to get them in the mood.

deep down a woman will want you regardless of what you look like that is not really important.

What is really important is you can provide some mental stimulation and make them feel sexy and persued. This gets the procreation genes flowing.

I woman needs a mans stuff and a man needs a woman stuff if you know what I mean. They all need it as we need it. It is all about setting the mood.

And either you got the mojo or you don't.

And if you dont then you need to learn.

Its like writing her a note and placing a penny inside. And then telling her nothing about the penny except to keep it for later.

She will be racking her brain thinging of what it is for and what you are up to and get her in the right curious mode for the exciting night ahead.

Sorry for the tease ladies.



I'm assuming the above response is all a joke , because you couldn't be further from the truth concerning most woman.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I'd die first.

I would not reproduce in an apocalyptic situation, that would be almost certain death for both the mother and child. As said in a previous thread, I would revert back to an Amazonian tribe aimed at the survival of myself and the tribe, then I would spend my lifetime trying to sustain that community.

Men would not even come into the equation, reproduction shouldn't be considered until a sustainable, secure and promising community is formed, which could take many many years.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Very strange threads... I'm wondering how old the OP is.

One thing I find funny about these threads, is that some women seem to be under the impression that all the men will die fighting, and they will take over the earth or some other variation of that.

So then, why is it, in countries where they basically ARE living in a post apocalyptic world, things aren't all rosey posey like that? You think women in those countries banded together to form their own Amazon woman tribe and live life without the hassle of men around? Sounds like fantasy talk to me. We don't need to hypothesize about this, we just need to look at many places in Africa and South America. They are, for all intents and purposes, living in the PAW. And it's terrible.

I think the truth of the matter is, not many women will have the choice on whether or not they "help" to continue the species. Did you read that thread about 1,000 women getting raped EVERY DAY in the Congo? You think things will be any better if the whole world fell apart?

Not trying to be the bearer of bad news here, but it seems like many are fooling themselves to the reality of what the world would be like if there was a global SHTF scenario.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AmazonOfArtemis
 


You possess the femal balance, nice to see.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

I think the truth of the matter is, not many women will have the choice on whether or not they "help" to continue the species. Did you read that thread about 1,000 women getting raped EVERY DAY in the Congo? You think things will be any better if the whole world fell apart?

Not trying to be the bearer of bad news here, but it seems like many are fooling themselves to the reality of what the world would be like if there was a global SHTF scenario.



-shivery code- Some men will genetically defend them. And slay those men with weak rape genes....

edit on 5/19/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13
 


Like in the Congo?

I'm not trying to be crass here, but I can't think of any time in recorded human history where anything close to the ideas some people seem to have ever happened.

Not trying to sound chauvinistic or anything, but consider a few things. Yes, there are some extremely bad*** women out there no doubt. Are they in the majority? No. Ammo will run out eventually. Once the great equalizer of firearms is gone, things will go back to how they used to. Men being dominate, because they are bigger and stronger. Even today in America, supposedly the most civilized country on earth, women are raped all the time. Most of the time, men just simply over power them.

Even if you have a bat, large stick, or other item, it won't really help overall. The main reason that a firearm for home protection is a good idea, is that even if you are defending your home with some sort of melee weapon, it's still pretty easy to subdue you (not you as in YOU the poster, just whoever is in that situation) You still have to have the strength to use such a weapon, and most women don't.

Women will need men for protection. I know it goes against the modern empowerment of females, but it's true. Who is some sicko looking for his jollies going to attack, a lone female, or a female with two men with her? It's just not realistic to think that many women are going to go around like some sort of Chuck Norris character beating up 12 dudes with knives or something along those lines.

Even for good men that wouldn't dream of doing anything like that, the smart ones will avoid women all together. I'd imagine groups would use a lone woman as bait to lure in other people to rob/kill/whatever them. If that's not the case, many women here have already made it clear their plans in a SHTF scenario don't involve men in any capacity, so what would men put themselves in danger protecting them for?

Maybe I'm just taking this all too seriously and people are just poking fun at the op's and I'm taking their posts to be what they actually think will happen.

edit on 19-5-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
Very strange threads... I'm wondering how old the OP is.

One thing I find funny about these threads, is that some women seem to be under the impression that all the men will die fighting, and they will take over the earth or some other variation of that.

So then, why is it, in countries where they basically ARE living in a post apocalyptic world, things aren't all rosey posey like that? You think women in those countries banded together to form their own Amazon woman tribe and live life without the hassle of men around? Sounds like fantasy talk to me. We don't need to hypothesize about this, we just need to look at many places in Africa and South America. They are, for all intents and purposes, living in the PAW. And it's terrible.

I think the truth of the matter is, not many women will have the choice on whether or not they "help" to continue the species. Did you read that thread about 1,000 women getting raped EVERY DAY in the Congo? You think things will be any better if the whole world fell apart?

Not trying to be the bearer of bad news here, but it seems like many are fooling themselves to the reality of what the world would be like if there was a global SHTF scenario.


When I talk of a SHTF scenario, I am also assuming there would be total global system collapse, no monetary system, no government or laws. Back to a primitive way of living where each human being is trying to survive.

Poverty exists because of these systems. When these systems are gone, the land is free to be occupied. There would be more freedom of movement, no borders, no limitations. Therefore bands of people could easily form tribes and move across countries.

At this present time, it would be very difficult to form communities outside of the system. We adhere to rules now, that wouldn't apply should a global catastrophe occur.

Matriarchal tribes have existed and thrived in the past, and could do so again. A 90lb woman can take down a 250lb man if she has the knowledge and skills to do so. Nothing is impossible, and I can assure you, if SHTF, I would be living in an all woman tribe, making weapons, growing food, and trying to survive at all costs.

If I suscribe to your way of thinking, I'd have no chance of surviving, I'd be raped, pregnant, desperate and eventually dead.
edit on 19-5-2011 by AmazonOfArtemis because: (no reason given)







 
1
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join