It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists To Save Pets After The Rapture

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This was such a good way to con gullible people.

Get people to pay you to look after their beloved pet after the rapture. At $135 per pet plus $20 for each addition pet.

So far 259 people have paid out inexcess of $34965.

The people from "Eternal Earth-Bound Pets" are offering this service &
IF
the rapture doesn't come they don't have to do a thing. Even if the rapture did happen they don't have to do a thing because the people who paid for this service probably won't be around to complain about it not being done.

I really wish I had though of this, I could alway use an extra $34000.

web.orange.co.uk...

Enterprising atheist animal lovers are cashing in on religious pet owners who believe the world is about to end.

Some US Christian fundamentalists believe Judgement Day will begin with a massive earthquake on Saturday.

They say believers will immediately go to Heaven while the rest of us have another five months to suffer until the world ends in October.

The problem is that many fundamentalists are reportedly worried about what happens to their pets when they go to Heaven.

A new company - Eternal Earth-Bound Pets - is offering to step up to "take that burden off your mind".

"You've committed your life to Jesus. You know you're saved," the company says on its website.

"But when the Rapture comes, what's to become of your loving pets who are left behind?"

The post-Doomsday pet rescue service says it already already has 259 clients, who have paid $135 for the first pet and $20 for each additional pet.

All the rescuers are sworn atheists, which means they will be left behind on Earth, ready to rescue pets after their Christian owners have gone to the other side.

Eternal Earth-Bound Pets co-founder Bart Centre said: "This will happen only if and when the Rapture happens. So we do not expect to have to do anything on Saturday."

edit on 19-5-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Who's gonna look after all the rebellious teens these raptured parents leave behind? So, many issues we're gonna have to deal with this Sunday.

On a serious note, I hope these believers don't do something stupid.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Some people just have fascinating minds don't they - I mean who thinks up these things? If the people who paid this money disappear, then how can they guarantee that their pet would actually be looked after? Does one have to keep a receipt as proof of purchase incase of a broken contract by one or both parties? I love my dog... maybe I should do this (seeing as I am an angel and out of here too then but so is my dog and they DO have souls and will come with me)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
Who's gonna look after all the rebellious teens these raptured parents leave behind? So, many issues we're gonna have to deal with this Sunday.

On a serious note, I hope these believers don't do something stupid.

I hope they do. Its called culling the herd my friend. Stupid people deserve losing their money so I have no remorse.
edit on 19-5-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

As to the teens I hope the more religious nut parents don't try the old Jonestown religious remedy.

Jonestown
www.infoplease.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

A total of 909 Temple members died in Jonestown, all but two from apparent cyanide poisoning, in an event termed "revolutionary suicide"

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I hope they told them they don't get their money back if the rapture doesn't happen. Are we living in a Hollyweird movie or something?

These people have been so brainwashed, they actually fear to not believe it's going to happen. Because they might get left behind if they don't. And will Harold Camping be held responsible for his scam on these people when it doesn't happen? Probably not. But he should be in some way.

Just sad. Really, really sad.

ETA: One thing is certain. If this actually happens. The rest of us better get prepared for what's next. Because we will know one thing for sure. It wasn't Jesus that made them disappear. So what and who was it?
edit on 5/19/2011 by Klassified because: ETA

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
HAHAHA!!! This is probably the best one I've seen yet in regards to May 21. It made me choke on my coffee!

I'm sooo looking forward to what the excuses from everyone are going to be come Sunday

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Wait what? God is only taking humans? So, hold on a second... He doesn't care about animal life at all? They will be left behind to suffer aswell?!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

I love my dog... maybe I should do this (seeing as I am an angel and out of here too then but so is my dog and they DO have souls and will come with me)
In case your dog isn't as innocent as you thought, can I have $135 & I pinky promise to look after your dog.
after the rapture of course.
edit on 19-5-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

I LOVE IT! What a wonderful scam! And I think it is perfectly legal since the "services" will be done after a specific event. It is a contract and less harmful than the fraudulant mortgages that Bankers used.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
lord Ra-el will convince them to drink the cool-aid if it doesn't happen.

People are so gulible these days it surprises me.

I'm a true believer and not some religious fenatical nut. If it's God's will to have the rapture this Saturday then so be it. If not, that doesn't surprise me because the Bible says no man shall know the exact day or hour of the second coming, not even the Son himself only the Father.

I'm not worried, besides it also says to go about your normal ways of life in anticipation for it instead of giving away of everything you own.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

I have to agree, I think it is a brilliantly hilarious scam, sorry business transaction..

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
These are all tactics that can be used for 2012, to profit from more gullible people. Is it wrong to profit from other's stupidity? Maybe it will be a good lesson in life, to not believe in outlandish prophecies.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Is it wrong to profit from other's stupidity?

Try putting that question to a lawyer.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The big fear is when the "rapture" doesn't happen on saturday, people who believe so hard will have their entire concept of reality challenged. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a great deal of suicides this weekend.

Then who is going to take care of the pets?

I truly hope these crazies who believe Saturday is 'the day' don't do anything foolish What a mess we are going to be facing either way.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Wait a minute, I thought atheists could be moral without believing in religion.

Is it moral to profit from fear?
edit on 19-5-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
the article is awesome

but i was reading this one
www.rawstory.com...

how can christians just leave their loving pets like that??

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Of crap what a waste of money.

My dog told me that all animals go to heaven as they are pure and innocent.

He also said he saw an angel last night when he went out to do his business and the angel said don't believe this rapture stuff.

My dog has never lied to me so you all can rest easy and kmow we will all still be here on this earth Sunday.

Love and peace to all.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

atheist have morals, so i say that the atheist is actually helping them not to worry about their pets

on top of that

those who truly believe in the rapture should be played like a fool for spouting out nonsense...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
[I hope they do. Its called culling the herd my friend. Stupid people deserve losing their money so I have no remorse.

That was a cold and unneeded comment. Wishing people to die because of their religious beliefs? Kind reminds me of another guy some 66 years ago...

As for the "atheists", can't blame a guy for trying to make a buck!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join